Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@skillze.7689 said:Just to let you know you can stop the crash cycle by loading another character in, i loaded a character who was in the heart of the mists to stop the loading crash errors.

Helpful work-around, skillze. Thanks for posting that. (I'll relay to the team, but I believe they were commenting similarly a few minutes ago.)

Doenst work. Cant login on any character. Netwerk error on all 1083:5:7:159:101

I got it to update by zoning out of the map for 5 mins then back, but now I DC'd in Forearmed is Forewarned and can't log into any of my characters! #neverplayonpatchdayEDIT! : Got into the instance again. Let's see.EDITEDIT: Fail, DC'd again.EDIT...again: I guess it's dinner time, 'cause I can't log in full stop now! ^^The Irony is the Dialogue from Taimi that plays before you DC. Priceless!

! Don't you love happy little accidents!

@"Aaralyna.3104" said:I had seen this post before Gaile Gray, but the problem is that the story itself stalls on steps (missing interaction buttons and pointers). Even if you don't crash ^^

Well you can bypass this by going to character select and logging back in. It somehow skips the dialogs and you are able to continue. Well that's until you reach the "enter the portal" part which will disconnect you.

@BatelGeuce.3591 said:

@"Aaralyna.3104" said:I had seen this post before Gaile Gray, but the problem is that the story itself stalls on steps (missing interaction buttons and pointers). Even if you don't crash ^^

Well you can bypass this by going to character select and logging back in. It somehow skips the dialogs and you are able to continue. Well that's until you reach the "enter the portal" part which will disconnect you.

Went to other zone, relogged, entered zone, saw pointer, story went 1 step further to just stall again... :(

guys guys really need to cut arenanet some slack they're working as fast as they can to correct these issues i say this to everyone when a patch hits wait at least a day or so that then anet can at least address the major issues :S how the hell is it a surprise to you guys every update? something on these lines always takes place it's not anets fault some things their side don't show up for them like our side, you realise they're running around aimlessly in their offices right?

• ArenaNet Staff

@Eldarion the Warden.1437 said:

@skillze.7689 said:Just to let you know you can stop the crash cycle by loading another character in, i loaded a character who was in the heart of the mists to stop the loading crash errors.

Helpful work-around, skillze. Thanks for posting that. (I'll relay to the team, but I believe they were commenting similarly a few minutes ago.)

Doenst work. Cant login on any character. Netwerk error on all 1083:5:7:159:101

Thank you for that further information. In our internal testing of this workaround -- while others work on a correction -- we've found that the suggestion does work for some players, but not for others. So it's something a player could try, if they wanted to do so, and it's possible it may help. (And possible it will not, which is why we're working hard to nail this bug to the wall ASAP!)

@"BatelGeuce.3591" said:

Good info, thanks.

I logged in the game, got some crafting done, changed character who is in Rata Sum and little bit after that I got the network error message. I tried different character that also is in Rata Sum, didn't even get past loading screen. Tried character that is in Verdant Brink, still not getting through. I hope this gets fixed as fast as possible, I love the game and now I can't even play it :(

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:We're aware that some players are experiencing a disconnect issue with Episode 3. The team is working on a fix and we'll get that corrected as soon as possible!

This is the only game that gives me a terrible connection to its servers in general ever since I switched from DSL to a much faster broadband fibre glass connection (and it's not an issue on my provider's end, this has been investigated thoroughly, and it affects only the connection outside my provider's range of influence to the GW2 servers).

The traceroute shows hops with packet losses of 100% and unreachable IP destinations (i.e., "timed out"). I am obviously getting routed incorrectly and am still waiting for a response from support. I can imagine I am not the only one with this problem, so disconnects like these on patch day are no sursprise, really.

Quest is so broken, having to reconnect at each step... Then to get a connection error into the actual instance!!Now my main character is lost in connection error limbo!

A delayed release for this?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:We're aware that some players are experiencing a disconnect issue with Episode 3. The team is working on a fix and we'll get that corrected as soon as possible!

This is the only game that gives me a
terrible
connection to its servers in general ever since I switched from DSL to a much faster broadband fibre glass connection (and it's
not
an issue on my provider's end, this has been investigated thoroughly, and it affects only the connection outside my provider's range of influence to the GW2 servers).

The traceroute shows hops with packet losses of 100% and unreachable IP destinations (i.e., "timed out"). I am obviously getting routed incorrectly and am still waiting for a response from support. I can imagine I am not the only one with this problem, so disconnects like these on patch day are no sursprise, really.

Yeah, it's quite well understood that moving to Amazon servers degraded their service immensily... I never heard or experienced such poor service since the pre-release period in 2012 until they moved to Amazon, around the time PoF released. Since then, ping is erratic, sometimes it'll jump from 60 to 500 during fractals, for no reason. Story is constantly getting connection issues since PoF released. And yet here we are, playing and paying them...Seriously, i was planning on buying some gems to top off my bank. That's a dead notion right now...

I was able to make it into the story part of the new map with the golem's arm, but as soon as I used its cloaking tech, game crashed and now cant log into any character. Before, I was using the port to guild hall trick to advance each step of the story in desert highlands.

Archived