Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED] - Page 8 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

Comments

• Magnuzone.8395Magnuzone.8395 Member ✭✭✭

How hard can it be to install a new patch? Hire better ppl please.

You should be able to test any new patch before it launches. To the degree that these huge bugs dont appear.

And they appear. Every time. Year after year. Since launch.

• @Zaraki.5784
    Only new sale in gemstore ... =)=)=)

• Rabe.2456Rabe.2456 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

STATE_SERVER_WAIT rip

EDIT: Never mind, it DID actually load after about a minute this time. >
    EDIT2: Lost connection %)

• Yeah, patch is not for this fix. The second story instance still crashes.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

After the patch, It's still the same for me, can't enter the portal without crashing after on the loading screen ;(

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• cupcake.6951cupcake.6951 Member ✭✭

Still having same issue. Would rather have the story fixed atm than a fractal, but that could be just me

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

@hugo.4705 said:
    After the patch, It's still the same for me, can't enter the portal without crashing after on the loading screen ;(

The patch did nothing for me too, still can't enter Forearmed mission.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• likewise!!

• Warlord.9074Warlord.9074 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

The connection issues have now seeped into other content not related to LS.

• Anjo.3170Anjo.3170 Member ✭✭

The patch was for a Fractal server crash. Cant believe they considered that a priority over the LS crash. Should be all hands on deck for LS.

• Aeonaxx.4936Aeonaxx.4936 Member ✭✭

After new build, successfully went into forearm instance crashed during sap skill.

• Embered.5089Embered.5089 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

The wait-for-fix parties have started to break up.
    Nope, they just took a 10-minute break.

• @Anjo.3170 said:
    The patch was for a Fractal server crash. Cant believe they considered that a priority over the LS crash. Should be all hands on deck for LS.

Or maybe, the problem with LS is much worse (and more difficult to repair) than the one with fractal?

• Conqueror.3682Conqueror.3682 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

It says a new build was available, my client doesnt get any update, where is this new build?

Fall down seven times, get up eight.

• I keep crashing in the second instance in the new living world update, with it then saying that I cant load in to my characters and to check my internet but my internet but is not the issue with this problem seeing that my internet is fully connected before, during, and after the crash happens.

Any suggestions, or should I just wait to play until it gets patched out?

• Maybe they just added something to give a feedback on crashes, my AV asked me for premissions on a new (new) build released few seconds ago

edited June 26, 2018

@unlucky.2689 said:

@Anjo.3170 said:

Or maybe, the problem with LS is much worse (and more difficult to repair) than the one with fractal?

Point is that even if a single person worked 5 min on an easy fractal fix (random numers), that single person should have worked on the hard LS bug to deliver it 5 min sooner because for the majority of people LS>>>fractal.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"

• Launcher updated. Got into the F is F instance, and was disconnected after I picked up the arm.

• Stalkingwolf.6035Stalkingwolf.6035 Member ✭✭✭

@unlucky.2689 said:

@Anjo.3170 said:

when it is much worse, than they should not have released it in the first place.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

• P.S. I have tried doing a full pc restart and I have restarted my internet with no avail

• Just got new build, and I was able to get into and play some of forearm and forewarned, I beat the first awakened and started beating the second mob and got disconnected. Reconnecting gave the same white box error everyone had been getting before! :/

• curtegg.5216curtegg.5216 Member ✭✭

After the latest patch still getting "network error".... Code= 1083:5:7:1596:101

Back to the drawing board Anet!

• after this new patch I still get network errors. first just by trying to log on to two of my characters and the 3rd time inside the portal instance.
    I dont know if this patch just fixed a fractal bug, but it certainly didnt do anything to network error

• Rodzynald.5897Rodzynald.5897 Member ✭✭✭

It's an issue everyone else is experiencing at the moment. Check out this thread: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/44856/episode-3-connection-issues-merged/p10

Casual friendly and quality pvp - these two do not work well together.

• @Anjo.3170 said:

AFAIK they've got different teams working on different content/issues, I guess the guys from fractals got their bug fixed first, that's all :)

• Yep, 4hrs plus and I can't log in to any char's now, regardless of where they are....friggin awesome job!!

• Thanks its much appreciated

• Jack Redline.5379Jack Redline.5379 Member ✭✭✭✭

SO now i am able to get to the instance but after 5 seconds of dialogue (which wont finish) i get kicked with connection error. Although my internet is juuust fine. Taht is what you get for making a story about BUGS. IT HAS BUGS IN IT ROFL xD

• Is not a problem of LS, everywere in the game at the moment crash, I tried all my characters in different locations and after a while the game crash at random, in the new LS map the crash is for sure but all the other instances crash too

• Once i get into the new instance and pick up Bish's arm i DC with code 1083:5:7:1596:101 .. i was able to pick it up once but when i tried the special action key DC'd.

• just got the new build too,same problem..i did get to pick up broken arm then crashed,getting network error message

• DNT.7452DNT.7452 Member

The first time I tried episode 3, there were still files to load but I logged and moved on with the new story anyway. However, it crashed at the beginning of the cinematic with the plague ship. Second time, I first waited for all files to download, then tried again. This time cinematic played correctly and I moved to the next step. One comment here in case team has not noticed: camera collisions inside Faren's ship did not work - camera kept moving outside the walls. Nice touch with the Joko statue dialog though :)
    Later, I moved to the tomb of primeval kings. Got through the dialog with the queens by simply approaching and waiting, then got to where Taimi was, Blish made his portal, then I tried to enter together with a friend in party. I got to the destination for about 40 seconds while my friend was still loading, then got kicked out. After that I could not log again with any character. I tried a free to play account which worked fine, then logged out of that and re-logged my normal account which now succeeded in logging me in, but after a short time waiting at the tomb portal I was kicked out again.
    I don't know if this helps, hope it does :)

• @Luna.9640 said:
    Infinite loading or a Crash to character select or both.

Edit: Add random Network Error too

Feeling kinda salty but we had to wait extra weeks just so the very 1st instance turned out to be bugged and an-accessible ?

And this is not the first time LS instance get same bug - it happened few times in the past but seems like devs can't fix it.

i keep getting kicked out when it very first came out so i logged off and 2 hours later the servers are still kicking me out i cant do anything will i have to wait 2 days or more for the hype to die down before even starting?

@nalladae.9208 said:

@Anjo.3170 said:

AFAIK they've got different teams working on different content/issues, I guess the guys from fractals got their bug fixed first, that's all :)

Can't all teams work together just for the time to fix serious bugs like this one?

• @Starfyre.5743 said:
    Lets listen to this on repeat until it's fixed. :p

lmao love it

• Exactly, I get disconnections everywhere in the game, every instance, every character, in the new LS the crash is for sure, but every other part of the game is instable, I think the problem is on servers or something in the code that affect also the server

• @Zaraki.5784 said:

@nalladae.9208 said:

@Anjo.3170 said:

Can't all teams work together just for the time to fix serious bugs like this one?

@nalladae.9208 please tell the teams who you know are working on different issues that we are rooting for them.

• Aeonaxx.4936Aeonaxx.4936 Member ✭✭

An update would be nice, Gaile. Whats going on?

• Something which may be worth mentioning- after the disconnects I've had much more success relogging on characters that are in the mistlock sanctuary. After I log onto one of those characters I can switch back to my main, who got booted to the start of desert highlands map.

• Killjoy.9213Killjoy.9213 Member ✭✭

@Blindsight.2903 said:

@Starfyre.5743 said:
    Lets listen to this on repeat until it's fixed. :p

lmao love it

lmao this is hilarious!
    Fixit!Fixit!Fixit!Fixit!Fixit!...

• :[ >:[ >:[

release date is tomorrow now :)

• ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029
    Any news?
    I'm getting a new error code now:
    7:11:3:191:101

• Rabe.2456Rabe.2456 Member ✭✭

The servers are just dying, nothing out of the ordinary on release day \o/

• Locce.8405Locce.8405 Member ✭✭✭

If you get the 1083 network error you might want to try "ipconfig /flushdns" in your windows command prompt. At least for some people that solved this problem.

• @My Barbie.6831 said:

:[ >:[ >:[

release date is tomorrow now

where did you see that?

• altermaven.7385altermaven.7385 Member ✭✭✭

Can confirm. After crashed from start of Step 2, I am now locked out of returning to Desert Highlands on the same character.
    Code=1083:5:7:1596:101

Helpdesking rodent hailing from Skrittsylvania.
    Roaming skritt needs caffeine badly.
    Oldschool electronic music enthusiast who also likes Autechre.

• B) the most important thing is that ."Fixed a server crash that occurred when players selected a random fractal" B)

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

Always get to the second instance where you pick up the arm but keep getting disconnected. Tried it again after a two hour break and ended up in Lion's Arch instead of disconnecting, huh?

I'm Hunter, he/him
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2

• Having the same issue