too few masteries in the new zone?

@Game of Bones.8975 said:Don't complain too much. HoT masteries are, in my opinion, some of the hardest to acquire and costliest per level (ie requiring 9 or 12).

This. One of the holdups for getting the Nevermore Collection done is the need for all of the HoT masteries, which can be a giant pain. Some of them are locked behind group only content that no one does anymore or locked behind twitch mini games like the adventures. I've said it before, mastery points shouldn't be locked to location, but should be one universal currency like spirit shards. Earn them anywhere, use them for whatever mastery you want. They also shouldn't be earned lineally, they should be applied directly to the mastery you want to unlock.

Stop making me wait to have fun, ANet.

@Menadena.7482 said:Am I the only one that feels new MP sinks should not be greater than the new MP supply?

I certainly don't feel that way. There's already an incredible excess of points under each category, and you don't even have to touch raids to have more than you can spend. I'd actually like to see more masteries and less points to grab, so I don't have to keep these suckers on hand for much longer. I've almost 30 of each kind, and nothing to spend them on.

@Menadena.7482 said:Am I the only one that feels new MP sinks should not be greater than the new MP supply?

I think the total supply of MPs should be greater than the total needed, but I don't think it matters how it's broken down. If base PoF has say 20 extra MPs (random example, I have no idea how many there are) and the living story masteries require 15 points it doesn't matter how many points you can earn in the episodes because there's still more than enough to go around.

They don't. There is no inherent relationship between mastery points in a specific zone and the mastery tied to the zone. You can use mastery points from any part of PoF for this, and over the course of the seven maps, we are still in excess of requirements.

In principle, I agree. But that depends on how large the buffer from previous content is. Given how large the surplus in PoF was before LS4, mu impression is that they were already calculating with this mastery track when they decided how many MPs should be available.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:People have been complaining that they want something to spend all those extra MPs on. Apparently Anet is trying to lower the surplus.

Poor completionists, I would LOVE to have that problem. The only reason I have excess right now is because I did not pull the trigger on the top tier mount masteries yet in case I needed the points. I long ago decided not to do more than the first third of the story since I was soloing it, so that means I have gotten a lot of the insights already.

@Menadena.7482 said:

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:People have been complaining that they want something to spend all those extra MPs on. Apparently Anet is trying to lower the surplus.

Poor completionists, I would LOVE to have that problem. The only reason I have excess right now is because I did not pull the trigger on the top tier mount masteries yet in case I needed the points. I long ago decided not to do more than the first third of the story since I was soloing it, so that means I have gotten a lot of the insights already.

I'm not going to judge you for your personal choices regarding the story, but I'm also not real sympathetic to a complaint that your personal choices have resulted in access to less mastery points.

If you want them, the points await you. If not, you absolutely have the right to make that decision, but no decision is ever free of cost.

@Menadena.7482 said:

Just saying, I solo everything, and PoF was not that hard to get through. If you got through the first third, you ought to be able to manage the rest--it did not get progressively harder, IMO.

To be honest it sounds smart, giving a massive surplus in PoF so everyone can get all the expansion masteries and slowly as the expansion gets older decrease that surplus so people have to invest some more time in the expansion content.

All other LS episodes generally have one mastery that usually doesn’t cost much (2-4 points). That said, this is different since you are introducing a new mount, and to make it similar to the other mounts progression, it requires much more MP than your other non-mount masteries. As eveyone else has said, if you need more, complete more base PoF achievements. I still have a ton of points left over from HoT, and the same will be said with PoF once it’s done, so there are plenty of points all around without having 12+ points added for just one episode.

Archived