How cute is the new mount?!

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@"sorudo.9054" said:i would see them as really cute normally but with the huge grind behind it it's as cute as dust, not even worth talking about.

You’ve got to do 3 easy minor collections and no gold is needed. But if you think it’s a grind then sure ^^

The collections are technically "easy", but the waiting around and the amount of mobs you have to kill for certain items is a fucking turnoff. Also some ppl are just assholes and are going to ruin certain steps for you (e.g. killing the toxic spider queen in 10 sec before you even get a chance to tag it).

@"sorudo.9054" said:i call killing a legendary and doing allot of kill grind not easy, i find the griffon bad enough but it requites half of what the beatle needs.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Roller_Beetle

I suggest doing the collection first or at least looking at what it is that we have to do. It’s nothing like the griffin collections and fairly easy to do.

You also have it backwards as it’s actually the beetle that requires half as much as what was needed for the griffin.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Griffon_(mount)#Unlock_achievements

@michelada.2947 said:i just lose 3 juices after a dc, i'm not wasting my time until they fix everything

Yeah they suck. I’ve had my fair share while playing the new patch and getting stuff done, and I can’t progress Be My Guest onwards because of DC’s.But you know what, I can appreciate the effort put into this new mount, because it’s ADORBS, that was the point of my post. My 2c... The release wasn’t the best, but I’m happy of this addition to the game and I felt like vocalising it. Just saying.

I will consider getting this mount if a non bug skin is released for it. Until then, you have fun with it, I will pass.

Is map completion gated behind this mount? I really hope not as the map is stunning, easily one of my favorites, but I will have to skip it if riding an insect is necessary for completion.

I couldn't get past the explosion cutscene of Be My Guest because of crashing, so I've been doing the mount collection. I almost, almost got the ley line event for the second collection, the last item I needed, but one minute to go before it spawned and everyone was getting ready to go I got dc'd. It keeps happening constantly so I'm quitting for a few days so I don't destroy my desk in frustration.

But yeah, it's really cute. And the people who somehow have it in bounty trains already have displayed its speed, which I'm more interested in personally. The tricks sound fun as well.

@Ashen.2907 said:I will consider getting this mount if a non bug skin is released for it. Until then, you have fun with it, I will pass.

Is map completion gated behind this mount? I really hope not as the map is stunning, easily one of my favorites, but I will have to skip it if riding an insect is necessary for completion.

Yes and no. You need it to get to some POI’s but another player with it can break the walls for you if you don’t have it.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:Cute as! The idle animations are pretty cool.One problem. I’m a terrible beetle driver! This ones going to take some practice for sure.

I must agree... that little guy is adorable! And I'm a SPEED JUNKIE, so you know I gotta get me one of THOSE!!! :mrgreen:The ones I've seen people on in LA are DA BOMB!!! :+1:

And as far as the work needed to get it, I'm cool with that since it comes with a NO-GOLD price tag and is a new mode of transport/mount type.

Good Job, Anet! And Thank you! :smiley:

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:i would see them as really cute normally but with the huge grind behind it it's as cute as dust, not even worth talking about.

The patch is a bot more than 24 hours along. I've seen the beetle mount several times already. That's not grind
even if those people played for 24 hours straight
, which I doubt.

Sorry about that, the only thing I have trouble with is the bounty and leyline but the leyline didn't spawn.

But i do have a question, where are the golems?

Archived