What do you want fixed or changed for necromancer?

XECOR.2814

What are you think underperforms and needs fix/rework. Please make a choice of what you think contributes to most of your frustrations from this class.

I just wanted for this poll to send a clear statement about necro players and what is their priority for fixing this class is. Ofcourse actually realizing this is completely in their hands but at least we can give them our clear and collective thoughts for next patch.

Guys, choose carefully!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:I cant choose one, because necromancer has underperforming traits, skill and utilities. Also damage coefficient on certain skill and healing coef/scaling on others. Plus the lack of mobility, scaling defences and stab. So I would just say everything that need a rework XD

Then what do you think is the biggest offender?? Give priority and choose. This may help send our message across.

@XECOR.2814 said:

@NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:I cant choose one, because necromancer has underperforming traits, skill and utilities. Also damage coefficient on certain skill and healing coef/scaling on others. Plus the lack of mobility, scaling defences and stab. So I would just say everything that need a rework XD

Then what do you think is the biggest offender?? Give priority and choose. This may help send our message across.

The worst right now it's death magic trait line but as I said there's too much to rework to choose.(i picked traits, but it's the entire line tbh)I'd say remove the poll and keep this as general discussion about necromancer rework, might actually be more usefull in my opinion.

@NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:

The worst right now it's death magic trait line but as I said there's too much to rework to choose.(i picked traits, but it's the entire line tbh)I'd say remove the poll and keep this as general discussion about necromancer rework, might actually be more usefull in my opinion.

I feel like if I were a Dev in balance team, I would rather see a poll than a 10page long debate about an issue. Also discussions can follow through in comments. But an overview of the necromancer problems that players feel should be there at least in my opinion.

It is too hard for me to pick just one without being more specific.

Death Magic needs to provide some sort of group benefit so that, when added to Blood Magic, it has adequate group support. DM also needs to provide more personal support besides the toughness improvements.

Pretty much the only two things voted for so far are the only two things i want. Traits fix's / updates and Core shroud updates.Some traits need to be scaled up massively on a core perspective then watered down when used with elite specs just as they are doing for scourge.

Most of the traits are solid with the exceptions being some inBlood magic / Death magic completely / And a few in Soul Reaping (cough... foot in the grave, Unyielding Blast, Dhummsfire, that one random fear trait......)As far as shroudsIf they merged half the core shroud underwater skills with the land core shroud then Shroud itself might actually be in a good spot.

under water shroud 1,2,3 are solid the only thing we really need to keep from land shroud is skill 4 and it could use some updates. Skill 5 is fine other than the fact that its torment into immobilize which makes zero sense if you want max damage on condition builds i guess.... idk.Reaper itself is alright ish... Deaths charge needs to be investigated to be a better gap close possibly with a new animation.Skill 5 needs to do a bit more.

GG

i vote for cooldowns etc. cause i see atm holosmith in roaming and how strong it can be. its like reaper, cause

forge leap: 600 range but just 2 seconds cooldown

forge skill 3 corona burst: every 6 seconds stability for 4 seconds (66% stab uptime)

forge skill 4 and 5 just 10 and 15 seconds cooldown with massive dmg and aoe burst+stun.

reaper:

reaper shroud 2 600 range leap with 6 seconds cd

RS 3 stability 25 seconds cooldown

rs 4 an5 30 seconds cooldown with massive aoe dmg, soft cc and one stun.

holosmith is like reaper with 1/3 ; 1/2 of the cooldowns reaper have WHILE haveing massive boon perma uptime (for 25 stacks might, protection, swiftness,vigor,...) Overall 100 % increased endurnce reg (that means every 5 sec new dodge role) + massive heal + invulns + invis+ high mobility. its ridiculous if you see that class while reaper is 1/2 or 1/3 of that…

necro Always got punished by their high casttimes and cooldowns while other classes use the same skills every few seconds...

I voted Weapon skills. That new guardian focus 4, a power based DoT, should have been the necromancer focus 4.

The problem with weapon skills is that they don’t scale with stats. Even the conditions they inflict are the worst scaling ones. Adding additional power or condition damage does far less on necromancer than anybody else.

But really it’s everything in the whole not-shroud kit that needs overhauling. The sorry state of today’s base necromancer spec is the proof that things are broken

This is closest to everything that necro requires. Sad to say that necro have been incompetent for major roles in endgame pve content due to absence of necessary balance/rework and this needs to change. Sadly all i see from previous patches is pve necro getting squashed into inferiority :(

Cant decide between them all. I ~~am ~~ was a power reaper player though.

After this patch, i switched over to Herald Revenant and Core Guardian. Mobility, 10k Crits, Heavy Armor, Evades, Teamwide support, Faster Cast times, Faster Spike Damage, Instant cast abilities.

I can roam, i can teamfight, and i can duel. Everything i wanted from a Power Spec.

After this Balance Patch, after being basically meme'd with 10% Death Spiral Dmg above 50% hp. I know now they have no interest in fixing classes.

Only thing i dont like is i cant use my Twilight/Sunrise on Herald but who knows they might give them that next expansion when they make all other non-new professions obsolete in order to sell their expansion

From a WwW Point of view, Scourges is performing well, I would consider one change for Core and Reaper making them viable: allow them to receive heals while they are using their shroud, that's the elemental difference between the professions.

Archived