>25K from stealth in an instant and go back to stealth instantly.

anduriell.6280

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that was WvW not spvp. the build used there you wont see in spvp because it is way to reliant on stealth wich is pretty stupid in spvp. different modes, different playstyles. you have way more time and way more space to fight in WvW. soo wrong forum.

you and your holo (with Merciless Legend title so prolly not full noob) of whom i wasnt sure if he had lock on were in your buffed camp so ofc i fought cautiously. you didnt show the malice buildup in the video that was before.

@MUDse.7623 said:that was WvW not spvp. the build used there you wont see in spvp because it is way to reliant on stealth wich is pretty stupid in spvp. different modes, different playstyles. you have way more time and way more space to fight in WvW. soo wrong forum.

you and your holo (with Merciless Legend title so prolly not full noob) of whom i wasnt sure if he had lock on were in your buffed camp so ofc i fought cautiously. you didnt show the malice buildup in the video that was before.

Basically that's all the malice build up. I just uploaded right from i got tagged. The problem is not the damage itself (he was probably full zerk) but the fact it does with no counterplay: stealth -> kill 100-0 -> stealth back while stomping.

The holo wasn't mine, was a random fella doing random things.

Either way, my guess that build would work the same in spvp as the deadeye mechanics are mostly the same in both gamemodes.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:that was WvW not spvp. the build used there you wont see in spvp because it is way to reliant on stealth wich is pretty stupid in spvp. different modes, different playstyles. you have way more time and way more space to fight in WvW. soo wrong forum.

Basically that's all the malice build up. I just uploaded right from i got tagged. The problem is not the damage itself (he was probably full zerk) but the fact it does with no counterplay: stealth -> kill 100-0 -> stealth back while stomping.

The holo wasn't mine, was a random fella doing random things.

Either way, my guess that build would work the same in spvp as the deadeye mechanics are mostly the same in both gamemodes.

not really i was the thief and before i shot you from durios side , with that i build up my malice. you can even see that in your battle log. there you had the chance to fight back. not showing that clearly manipulates the viewers of this post.i was not full zerk btw.

@MUDse.7623 said:

not really i was the thief and before i shot you from durios side , with that i build up my malice. you can even see that in your battle log. there you had the chance to fight back. not showing that clearly manipulates the viewers of this post.i was not full zerk btw.

Sure you were the one, just to check in, what happened right before the video?

Not that it matters anyway. Coming from stealth -> 100-0 -> back to stealth with no possible counterplay is not a fun game mechanic to play against.

@anduriell.6280 said:

you two captured the camp i was a little too slow, actually you took the camp the holo did just leech he came at the end from the ogres. then i knocked you down from stealth, placed a snipers cover and shot some TRB. your shots and the ones from your mate mostly got into that snipers cover. then i retreated back into stealth i wanted to oneshot you first with a DJ but messed up and knocked you down + just one AA instead of DJ, retreated back in stealth evading your holo and got ready for the backstab.after this i did the same with your holo mate and onehit him with a little over 24k next to the quatermaster. want a screenshot of my character aswell?

@MUDse.7623 said:

you two captured the camp i was a little too slow, actually you took the camp the holo did just leech he came at the end from the ogres. then i knocked you down from stealth, placed a snipers cover and shot some TRB. your shots and the ones from your mate mostly got into that snipers cover. then i retreated back into stealth i wanted to oneshot you first with a DJ but messed up and knocked you down + just one AA instead of DJ, retreated back in stealth evading your holo and got ready for the backstab.after this i did the same with your holo mate and onehit him with a little over 24k next to the quatermaster. want a screenshot of my character aswell?

the argument remains though you're still basically being perma stealthed and one shotting people

their only options were to pop up invulnerability if your DJ left them alive and try heal only to get one shot againreveal means nothing for deadeye thanks to the elite stealth that removes revealed

gotta love how one shot also is Unblockable

@MUDse.7623 said:you two captured the camp i was a little too slow, actually you took the camp the holo did just leech he came at the end from the ogres. then i knocked you down from stealth, placed a snipers cover and shot some TRB. your shots and the ones from your mate mostly got into that snipers cover. then i retreated back into stealth i wanted to oneshot you first with a DJ but messed up and knocked you down + just one AA instead of DJ, retreated back in stealth evading your holo and got ready for the backstab.after this i did the same with your holo mate and onehit him with a little over 24k next to the quatermaster. want a screenshot of my character aswell?

Ok you are the one, welcome.

Now, Do you think if fun to play against a full time stealth player with no counterplay? Do you find fun to stab 100 to 0 to other players from stealth? What i am saying, sure you find amusing abusing broken mechanics, why on heavens would you play that build otherwise.

Because you know you abused invisibility, even after i got you with sick'em you still had something to get back to stealth, instantly.

So let me say this: One shooting people from stealth is not fun and more importantly if you can stay in stealth for all the combat duration. It does not matter if the damage was 10K, 20K or 40k. It doens't matter if you have a big glowing lightball over your head because you can't locate the enemy player. That mechanic is not fun and this is the only game which promotes it although it is well known to promote toxicity as it seems like cheating.

And for the last time, it wasn't my holo.

I've been noticing some kind of a bug with "revealed" as well. I've been running Berserker Soulbeast specs since the last patch, with Sic'Em of course. Sec'Em is supposed to reveal the target it hits, but I notice quite often while fighting Deadeyes specifically, that Sic'Em reveal is not working. I'll land the Sic'Em "and it is hittinging", but they are able to stealth anyway.

I was actually 1v1ing a good DE in the ffa arena the other day, seeing this happen over and over. Is it a bug?

@Rezzet.3614 said:

the argument remains though you're still basically being perma stealthed and one shotting people

their only options were to pop up invulnerability if your DJ left them alive and try heal only to get one shot againreveal means nothing for deadeye thanks to the elite stealth that removes revealed

my point is just that he didnt put up all the fight, because he had the chance to fight back earlier in the fight but he didnt show you were i was sitting several seconds just there pew pewing.. without showing that it looks like he really had no moment he could fight back.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:you two captured the camp i was a little too slow, actually you took the camp the holo did just leech he came at the end from the ogres. then i knocked you down from stealth, placed a snipers cover and shot some TRB. your shots and the ones from your mate mostly got into that snipers cover. then i retreated back into stealth i wanted to oneshot you first with a DJ but messed up and knocked you down + just one AA instead of DJ, retreated back in stealth evading your holo and got ready for the backstab.after this i did the same with your holo mate and onehit him with a little over 24k next to the quatermaster. want a screenshot of my character aswell?

Ok you are the one, welcome.

Now, Do you think if fun to play against a full time stealth player with no counterplay? Do you find fun to stab 100 to 0 to other players from stealth? What i am saying, sure you find amusing abusing broken mechanics, why on heavens would you play that build otherwise.

Because you know you abused invisibility, even after i got you with sick'em you still had something to get back to stealth, instantly.

So let me say this:
One shooting people from stealth is not fun and more importantly if you can stay in stealth for all the combat duration.
It does not matter if the damage was 10K, 20K or 40k. It doens't matter if you have a big glowing lightball over your head because you can't locate the enemy player. That mechanic is not fun and this is the only game which promotes it although it is well known to promote toxicity as it seems like cheating.

And for the last time, it wasn't my holo.

yes i like fighting against stealthed people. your server has a 5-6 or sometimes more group running around with only thieves and mirages - really fun to fight them. they plant anti stealth traps for me altho they themsevles stealth all day and they die alot more then me, that is fun to me getting them out of stealth by disrupting their combo and then killing them.that holo was not yours, but from your server and he tried to help you wich makes him a major threat for me especially if he had traited lock on like most holos in WvW.

your usage of sic em reveal was wrong. i cannot stealth instantly when revealed i have to use a skill with a cast time. the reveal is long enough for you to kill me with auto attacks so it would have been better to use AA and knockback once i try to use shadow meld, followed by a burst. with additonally that holo around, that would have killed me almost certainly. and again it was not a purely oneshot fight, you had several times the option to fight back. i just waited a little at the end so i can down you in a position that i can also stomp you, during this wait you got your HP up to 100% again, congratz , doesnt mean the fight started there.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:I've been noticing some kind of a bug with "revealed" as well. I've been running Berserker Soulbeast specs since the last patch, with Sic'Em of course. Sec'Em is supposed to reveal the target it hits, but I notice quite often while fighting Deadeyes specifically, that Sic'Em reveal is not working. I'll land the Sic'Em "and it is hittinging", but they are able to stealth anyway.

I was actually 1v1ing a good DE in the ffa arena the other day, seeing this happen over and over. Is it a bug?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_Meld

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:I've been noticing some kind of a bug with "revealed" as well. I've been running Berserker Soulbeast specs since the last patch, with Sic'Em of course. Sec'Em is supposed to reveal the target it hits, but I notice quite often while fighting Deadeyes specifically, that Sic'Em reveal is not working. I'll land the Sic'Em "and it is hittinging", but they are able to stealth anyway.

It's the elite skill

DE elite clean revealed. And can be used twice. Assuming that he didnt used it before to prolong stealth. A DE can clean up revelead twice.

That include revelead from traps.

eh to be fair the discussion is old news thief has been insta killin people from stealth since launch , the diference is now they do it from range

DJ shouldnt be Unblockable is the only change i'd say is needed

other than that its the good ol regular thief permastealth cheapness

agree the ranger dint put up much of a fight but also acknowledge there isnt much fighting to do when your oponent is invisible 90% of the time

at most all the ranger+holo duo could ve done was use arrow barrage and holo shockwave to try scare the thief in this current fight

This is completely irrelevant for spvp. One shot malicious backstab builds are useless outside of WvW.

In the best case, in the time you spend building up malice and camping stealth to down one opponent for 5pt, the opposing team would have gotten 20-30 by capping because your team would effectively be 4v5 on the rest of the map.

In the average case, the opposing team's +1 would likely arrive before you can stomp the other guy, since you gotta take your sweet time to build malice and reposition for an unblockable stab. At that point you run away, or stay and die. The guy you were fighting then gets res'ed, and you wasted upwards of a minute accomplishing absolutely nothing.

@killy.3278 said:This is completely irrelevant for spvp. One shot malicious backstab builds are useless outside of WvW.

In the best case, in the time you spend building up malice and camping stealth to down one opponent for 5pt, the opposing team would have gotten 20-30 by capping because your team would effectively be 4v5 on the rest of the map.

In the average case, the opposing team's +1 would likely arrive before you can stomp the other guy, since you gotta take your sweet time to build malice and reposition for an unblockable stab. At that point you run away, or stay and die. The guy you were fighting then gets res'ed, and you wasted upwards of a minute accomplishing absolutely nothing.

Not irrelevant, saying that playstile is bad teamwise dont mean that some stupid one uses it, and thief comunity is full of stupid ones that only want to gank people matter what hapends to team

@killy.3278 said:This is completely irrelevant for spvp. One shot malicious backstab builds are useless outside of WvW.

So you're basically agreeing that it should be removed from the game. You say it's worthless in spvp and accomplishes nothing of value in WvW, so it's just a cheese build that can be removed without impacting anything important...correct?

It doesn't matter what game mode it's in constant stealth and insane mobility shouldn't be put together. Thief shouldn't even be in the game how it is right now. Right now thief is just stealth, hit, stealth, hit, stealth, hit, over and over and over again. What kind of skill does that take?

Testing in Spvp vs ppl you can land about 15 -18k on average depending on malice and if about 15 vuln, vs demo ammy.

This is a little to strong given such a large window of stealth, even if you read it it's kind of one sided, even more so if you take traits to heal up in stealth.

In conquest you'll pretty much lose the point against it, even if you get good hard reads it has to much persistence and you will eventually run out of cool-downs or miss a doge. That isn't exactly fair.

I don't think the damage is imba, but you should have to work for it more. Shouldn't be able to slot that much dmg in one attack when every failed attempt to land hit = go invis, try again, reappearing with full HP. Players need to have the ability to wear this down and win with good reads. Otherwise it is endless until the thief wins.

Sure it may make it's presence known to you, but none of the pressure you can apply including stuns will be strong enough for it to last. You need to 1 shot it on the first couple whiffs or you will die, which wont happen since it is far to easy to escape.

I see the issue, and I honestly have issues with a lot of builds too. However, i think you have to direct your anger at anet instead of the players. The player will always go for builds that is most cheese, highest reward type of builds. So even if it's not fun to fight against, it's really not the thief's fault for playing it. It exists cause the developers think it's fun. I don't know if they think it's fair, but if they didn't think it was fun, it wouldn't be a thing. So you gotta direct your issues with balance at them, and not the players using these builds.

@anduriell.6280 said:

Incorrect. A hit that high requires much more time in stealth or the Thief to have shown himself and damaged you - where you would have had the opportunity to counter-pressure. If it was all from stealth, then that was entirely your fault for not just...moving away until the circle over your head went away. That build doesn't use Infiltrator's signet to backstab/port so as long as you are 900 units away from the Thief then you have successfully countered the stealth-backstab.

@SPESHAL.9106 said:

So you're basically agreeing that it should be removed from the game. You say it's worthless in spvp and accomplishes nothing of value in WvW, so it's just a cheese build that can be removed without impacting anything important...correct?

I mean if we're all being facetious and completely misrepresenting what people say, putting words in other's mouth and whatnot, then sure whatever you feel like.

Archived