Favorite memory of Guild Wars 2

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"JDub.1530" said:There have certainly been several memorable moments, but if we're talking favorite, I think that would have to be the first Beta weekend, because I was so excited to get into the game.

I played this game once at very start back when all cutscenes had "work in progress" written on them when the game very first arrived. I quit it though. and just recently got into it.

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:

@"JDub.1530" said:There have certainly been several memorable moments, but if we're talking favorite, I think that would have to be the first Beta weekend, because I was so excited to get into the game.

I played this game once at very start back when all cutscenes had "work in progress" written on them when the game very first arrived. I quit it though. and just recently got into it.

Well it has come a long way since then, and they don't even use that cut scene format anymore (for new story content).

@JDub.1530 said:

@JDub.1530 said:There have certainly been several memorable moments, but if we're talking favorite, I think that would have to be the first Beta weekend, because I was so excited to get into the game.

Well it has come a long way since then, and they don't even use that cut scene format anymore (for new story content).

How come

Many people didn't like the cut scene dialog (I personally enjoyed having a chance to see my character that well). Now all story dialog happens in game, with you still in full control of your character. You can even zoom in and go first person if you want to view character dialog from that perspective.

@JDub.1530 said:

@starlinvf.1358 said:Watching Teq melt to the guardian symbol bug

As a Guardian main, I wish I'd caught that one. :D

It was glorious. Symbolic Avenger was bugged when they deployed the Trait revamp, and it basically gave each Guardian a 10% damage bonus for EACH symbol under the target. Something like 30-50 Guardians with Hammer Auto, and I saw single damage ticks as high as 100k.

The post fix trait actually still works the same way (2 symbols = double bonus), but it only recognizes your own symbols.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

It was glorious. Symbolic Avenger was bugged when they deployed the Trait revamp, and it basically gave each Guardian a 10% damage bonus for EACH symbol under the target. Something like 30-50 Guardians with Hammer Auto, and I saw single damage ticks as high as 100k.

The post fix trait actually still works the same way (2 symbols = double bonus), but it only recognizes your own symbols.

Yeah a friend had told me about it. I missed all the fun.

@JDub.1530 said:

Yeah a friend had told me about it. I missed all the fun.

I like it because of the graphics. I used play other mmo and the graphics flow more openly here. Visuals look really good. Unlike other games, you can look as different as you want. And the no sub is a big plus too, gives me more money.

Archived