Sigil Swapping?! or legendary sigil??!

wolverine.5164

So ill make this quick i simply want to know if anet is planning to something about this cause its been 5 years.... just like the legendary trinket and the legendary armour, weapons (that have waaaayy much more time) should definetly have this perk and they should have ASAP i really dont know if they r planning on doing something about it but if they do regardless of what ever this should be implemented on the expansion... thanks for ur time and consideration.

@Yargesh.4965 said:They have commented on this. They have not stated what they will be doing or when but it absolutely has been an official response.

the reason they gave was something about ruining the economy if i recall correctly, if so it's hogwash. weapons and sigils are such a big part of a persons build. i dont want to spend 10g for sigils of malice every time i wanna change my legendary weapon from whatever it was to condi. it defeats the purpose of stat swapping if you cant sigil swap too.

@crosknight.3041 said:

@Yargesh.4965 said:They have commented on this. They have not stated what they will be doing or when but it absolutely has been an official response.

the reason they gave was something about ruining the economy if i recall correctly, if so it's hogwash. weapons and sigils are such a big part of a persons build. i dont want to spend 10g for sigils of malice every time i wanna change my legendary weapon from whatever it was to condi. it defeats the purpose of stat swapping if you cant sigil swap too.

Calling it hogwash is fairly unhelpful. They have knowledge we don't. It is their game. Asking is fine demanding is not useful in any way.

Agreed that weapons should have this functionality as well. If it's ok for runes, I don't understand why it's not for sigils. I guess more people have legendary weapons, but it won't be long before there are more and more with leg armor too with the new ways of acquiring it. So yeah, I don't get it.

What they said was they had originally planned on releasing sigil swapping at the same time as rune swapping, but they ran into an issue. We speculating that the economy was the only blocking point, but they never confirmed that. In other words, we do not know why they decided to postpone.

We do know that they intend to address it. As with everything else that they do, they won't comment about details until they are nearly ready to release it.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:What they said was they had originally planned on releasing sigil swapping at the same time as rune swapping, but they ran into an issue. We speculating that the economy was the only blocking point, but they never confirmed that. In other words, we do not know why they decided to postpone.

We do know that they intend to address it. As with everything else that they do, they won't comment about details until they are nearly ready to release it.

ah thanks for clearing that up. hopefully when it happens we get build sets.

• 2 months later...

With a new meta every 3 to 6 months, adding swappable sigils on legendary weapons ould be a great QoL thing. Also would all legendary gear have the same functionality if weapons were changed to allow swapping of sigils/infusions. Pls change this, adress this, do something about it ;)

• 3 months later...

While I wouldn't mind having this feature, it occurred to me the other day that it wouldn't be all that useful or great of a feature anyway.

Why wouldn't it be great?

• Well lets consider why I would want this. It would be to allow me to change builds on the same character. In the case of moving between characters it would be such a rare occurrence that it wouldn't matter for me.

What would I need to make that possible?

• I would have to carry all the alternate sigils.

Is it becoming obvious why this is not useful yet?

• From an inventory management perspective. For every possible alternative I need to use up at least one inventory slot. Contrast this with rune swapping on armor. For the cost of one(with one exception which would cost two) inventory slot I get a whole armor set which would normally require 6 slots. For two handed weapons it is especially bad since it would require twice as much space as simply carrying extra weapons.

@crosknight.3041 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:What they said was they had originally planned on releasing sigil swapping at the same time as rune swapping, but they ran into an issue. We speculating that the economy was the only blocking point, but they never confirmed that. In other words, we do not know why they decided to postpone.

ah thanks for clearing that up. hopefully when it happens we get build sets.

Yep, only 0 to ErrorNumberTooLarge days to go so! ;)

I personally don't think we'll be seeing this or build sets any time in the next couple of years. ArenaNet run on a very strict schedule driven by LS4 and the next expansion pack so I don't think they have the capacity for many additional features but you never know, they are slipping in some QoL features here and there so they might surprise us.

@"Khisanth.2948" said:

• I would have to carry all the alternate sigils.

Right.That's why I'm okay with ANet delaying a solution, if it means we get a better system for builds. I'd prefer to see alternative sets stored similarly to how it works in PvP or the wardrobe. Currently, there's an enormous amount of logistics to prepare to be able to swap builds on one toon, switch gear between characters, not to mention a lot of inventory space devoted to making that possible (let alone easy or quick).

INB4 I don't mean that we necessarily "pay once" to unlock stats as we do skins. I just don't want to have to keep moving 15-20 pieces of gear, plus upgrades, plus infusions.

• 2 months later...

@Khisanth.2948 said:Is it becoming obvious why this is not useful yet?

• From an inventory management perspective. For every possible alternative I need to use up at least one inventory slot. Contrast this with rune swapping on armor. For the cost of one(with one exception which would cost two) inventory slot I get a whole armor set which would normally require 6 slots. For two handed weapons it is especially bad since it would require twice as much space as simply carrying extra weapons.Maybe if you're talking about an ele who only plays raids, than that could be correct, but for me who wants to always have the best sigils in slot and also plays fotm and wvw and sometimes even dungeons, I have to override my sigils or I need to have alot of the same weapons, just because i can't swap the sigils what is wastes alot of slots, so much more than just a few sigils would do. The legendary armor it out for a year, but we still don't have sigil swapping on the weapons, that's just stupid, i don't want to pay another 3k gold to swap sigils on my weapons that also cost me about 3k gold.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:Weapons should have its own upgrade system, like applying a sigil consumes the sigil, but for that particular weapon item only, you can pick a sigil effect from a list of sigils you've previously applied to that weapon.

like its in pvp .. but bound to weapon.... u will just open option to use it with weapon... and yet you still once bought it.

This is pain now.... legendary weapon is only skill ... i cant even use power variant of weapon between pve and wvw coz of sigils.

Archived