[BUG] Revenant utility skills randomly switching places ( workaround ) — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[BUG] Revenant utility skills randomly switching places ( workaround )

Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭

Decided to make a thread since multiple people are experiencing this bug.

Revenant utility skills are randomly swapping positions with each other upon legend swap ( IE Say you have Impossible odds bound to 1 and Phase traverse bound to 2, the positions of the skills will randomly swap places so Impossible odds is now 2 and Phase traverse is now 1 ). It seems the utility slots are reverting to "default" positions and failing to carry keybinds with them. This can happen even in cases such as sPvP where switching utility slot positions is actually supposed to be impossible - which makes the bug very annoying since when this happens during a match you cannot fix it until after the match is over.

This bug is new and unique to the patch that happened earlier today, so something likely got broken in the midst of the bugfixes that were released for Rev.

Temporary Workaround

After swapping skills on a legend, it will not swap them again if you just leave the new positions as-is instead of swapping them back to what you want after you are out of combat. Because we don't know how long it will take anet to fix this bug, it's far easier to just get used to using the default-keybind positions of your skills. You can also fix it by changing your keybinds to match these default-positions it keeps resetting our skills to. Took me about 3 sPvP matches to get used to. Far less annoying then hoping it doesn't happen and getting tripped up midfight whenever it does.

More information about how this reordering works was looked into by @Justine.6351 can be found here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/57025/i-know-why-legend-skills-reorder-now-not-random#latest

It seems skills are paired to each other based on their default positions. So if you reorder your skills so that the skills are in the same slot positions as their pair ( quoted below ), they shouldn't swap.

@Justine.6351 said:

The skill pairings are (tested in game),

Glint/Shiro/Jalis/Mallyx/Ventari
* Facet of Darkness/ Riposting Shadows/ Inspiring Reinforcement/ Pain Absorbtion/ Protective Solace
* Facet of Elements/ Phase Traversal/ Forced Engagement/ Banish Enchantment/ Natural Harmony
* Facet of Strength/ Impossible Odds/ Vengeful Hammers/ Unyielding Anguish/ Purifying Essence

Comments

• I have the same bug.

• +1

Sheeeeeiiiiit be BROKE, HOMMIE

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

experienced it myself too.

• A slight workaround

I have found through some testing that the skill swap positions are always resetting to "Default" IE the positions they are at when you first unlock the specific stance. At least they haven't swapped back yet since I did this. This means you can move your skills to the default positions and just try and get used to the keybinds and it won't keep swapping around. Since this bug has yet to be acknowledged we may all have to do just this as an actual fix may be ages away for all we know.

• It seems like other classes are having the same problems, too. So hopefully it's fixed soon

• For God's sake, @Anet please, or repair it quickly or remove the last patch until new solution, because this error is the worst I saw in the game in 4 years ... And it is the most annoying in my opinion. We need it to be as fast as possible. @Anet you read us ?????

• ...bump...

• ...bump... so us rev's stop making the same thread again and again :)

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just had this happen for the first time recently. I wonder if it is actually random though because it happens to coincide with me changing the order of the skills affected(shiro's skills) in my pvp build. Exactly the same two skills, Phase Traversal and Riposting Shadows. On the other hand those are the only two I change from the default so that might not mean anything.

• Miles Smiles.8951Miles Smiles.8951 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 21, 2018

seems like it only happens between slots 7 and 8. and even if you leave them as they are after the swap and just change the key binds, they will swap places again, thus we can tell that they are not trying to reset to default.

So far I am only running into this in PvP which makes it even more annoying since you can't even swap positions in the middle of a match

• anet can u actualy do something ? there is a monthly in 3 hours and u still have done nothing to correct or to roll back.

• me have this issue too. much annoy :'(:'(:'(:#

• This has been a problem since last Tuesday's (9/18/18) patch. I also filed a bug in-game about it. It's very annoying when I switch to Demon for Pain Absorption and it's not in the position I had it mapped to. :/ As Ketsu said, I think it's switching back to default positions. ANet, please fix this. :)

• Toron.4856Toron.4856 Member ✭✭✭

Come on this bug is still in the game we wanna be able to play our revs again..

• I've been going through this bug too, and its highly annoying.

Anet keeps fixing raid and pve stuff but nothing done about rev yet. Even tho it makes rev UNPLAYABLE.

How can u let a class be unplayable for such a long time...

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's pretty irritating as I have developed muscle memory so I can quickly activate my abilities right after a legend swap, and now I keep activating the wrong one =(

• Added workaround to OP to help those who feel they can't play the class until this is fixed.

• JayAction.9056JayAction.9056 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2018

Adding to the thread in hopes this feedback is valuable to Devs.

Depending on the elite specialization choosed, the skills swapped are different.

The combination of herald + another legend or renegade + another legend swaps different skills in the secondary legend.

The skill swap has not been seen at least for me in neither elite specialization legend.

The skill swap also will happen MID COMBAT.

• @Master Ketsu.4569 said:

Took me about 3 sPvP matches to get used to.

Took me about 3 days. Still can't get used to. Feelsoldman

Still nothing
    Diassapointing...

• ArthurDent.9538ArthurDent.9538 Member ✭✭✭✭

Been 2 weeks now which is rediculous, this is incredibly annoying and absolutely should have been fixed nearly instantly since it only became a problem with the previous patch.

• no fix on this update either..yay

@ArthurDent.9538 said:
    Been 2 weeks now which is rediculous, this is incredibly annoying and absolutely should have been fixed nearly instantly since it only became a problem with the previous patch.

It's been much longer than 3 weeks

• Throwing my name in the hat along with everyone else it's affecting. I don't mean to sound rude to the OP but just dealing with what the bug gives us is not a work around. It's just dealing with the bug. It seems like a minor thing and is probably low priority for ANet. Revenant already has restrictions when it comes to utilities. That's fine. I accept that limitation as part of the profession. But to not even be able to put the utility to the slot that works best for me is down right frustrating.

• Bump,

To be honest this is an absolute game breaking bug for sPvP when your skills randomly swap in the middle of a fight, with the restriction of sPvP to not be able to swap skills back out of combat . Considering it mostly happens to me with phase traversal and riposting shadows, two skills that are the exact opposite of each other. Its just so frustrating to swap to Shiro in able to get away, only to teleport right onto the enemy and die. Now I'm no game developer so maybe I'm completely clueless here but I feel like this should have been hotfixed within the first 2-3 days after the september patch. The only reason this is being ignored ( atleast I assume it is because I havent seen any offical statement on it ) is that the revenant playbase is fairly small. If this happaned to any other profession I'm sure the outcry would have been much bigger. But those are just my 2 cents.

• LucianTheAngelic.7054LucianTheAngelic.7054 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2018

This bug is gamebreaking for Revenant mains, why is there no update on it Anet? Please, we need a fix on this much much sooner than months from now @Gaile Gray.6029 @Karl McLain.5604 @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

There was much more dev communication about the Deadeye stealth reveal bug, why is there little to no communication about this bug which is far more gamebreaking for an entire profession?

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:
    This bug is gamebreaking for Revenant mains, why is there no update on it Anet? Please, we need a fix on this much much sooner than months from now @Gaile Gray.6029 @Karl McLain.5604 @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

There was much more dev communication about the Deadeye stealth reveal bug, why is there little to no communication about this bug which is far more gamebreaking for an entire profession?

They already said they were working on it...
    3 weeks ago..

• @Toron.4856 said:

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

They already said they were working on it...
    3 weeks ago..

And I'm asking for an update. I don't see that as being a problem. As mentioned, they were much more communicative about the deadeye issues

• Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭

At this point they should seriously consider reverting all changes to Rev since the patch and then adding the balance changes back once the programming team can identify just what exactly got broken.

In the Revenant forum Justine discovered the cause of the bug:
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/57025/i-know-why-legend-skills-reorder-now-not-random

The talent bar reorders EXACTLY when you swap legends while activating a skill with a cast timer!

• It blows my mind how something like this:

Illusionary Counter: Fixed a bug that prevented the clones summoned by this skill from being equipped with the mesmer's off-hand weapon.

was hotfixed within a day.

@ViciousVyne.2935 said:
    It blows my mind how something like this:

Illusionary Counter: Fixed a bug that prevented the clones summoned by this skill from being equipped with the mesmer's off-hand weapon.

Yeah it really is mindblowing..

Its soon 3 weeks that rev is unplayable.

Any utility skill with a cast time of 1/2 and above can reliably trigger the bug.

still nothing....

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065

• @ViciousVyne.2935 said:
    It blows my mind how something like this:

You must not be a programmer ;)

• Shaogin.2679Shaogin.2679 Member ✭✭✭

A year later and this is till happening!?

Doc Von Doom