Legendary armor rune swapping is amazing - when will weapons be updated?

mrauls.6519

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"ProtoGunner.4953" said:There was a dev post that it wasn't about economy but something else. I think they will come, though not sure when.

Until then, the only viable solution is getting your hands on an Endless Upgrade Extractor - which most people can't afford (as it costs about as much as a legendary).

So, if they can afford a legendary then they can afford the Endless Upgrade Extractor?

I got one, it's great. Sure you can keep buying Sigils and Runes or carrying around a load of different weapons and armours with different Sigils and Runes but the fact that it makes all Sigil and Rune swapping "free" (obviously, that is free after you've paid a massive, upfront cost) means that there's no downside to experimentation and I find that liberating.

I would like to see free Sigil swapping to be finally added to legendary weapons though.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@"ProtoGunner.4953" said:There was a dev post that it wasn't about economy but something else. I think they will come, though not sure when.

Until then, the only viable solution is getting your hands on an Endless Upgrade Extractor - which most people can't afford (as it costs about as much as a legendary).

So, if they can afford a legendary then they can afford the Endless Upgrade Extractor?

I got one, it's great. Sure you can keep buying Sigils and Runes or carrying around a load of different weapons and armours with different Sigils and Runes but the fact that it makes
all
Sigil and Rune swapping "free" (obviously, that is free after you've paid a massive, upfront cost) means that there's no downside to experimentation and I find that liberating.

I would like to see free Sigil swapping to be finally added to legendary weapons though.

Nope, because a chunk of 3k gold is harder to have than many smaller payments in form of resources, mostly the thousands upon thousands of mithril and elder wood + hundreds of t6 mats :P

@Dante.1763 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:Never. They supposedly don't want to upset the Sigil economy.

...unless they upset it with things like Sigil of Nullification debacle, of course.

I dont get in what world it makes sense to say that they dont want to upset the economy and then do something like they did with the Null sigil, its backwards as hell.

Not if they wanted to make sigils more expensive. (their upset might mean making sigils to cheap not to expensive)

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:There was a dev post that it wasn't about economy but something else. I think they will come, though not sure when.

Wasn't it something about that legendary weapons are programed differently than armors?So it's not like clicking a checkbox to enable sigill swap, but they would have to change the whole weapon code.I guess it was something like that, but I'm not sure.

@Blocki.4931 said:

I got one, it's great. Sure you can keep buying Sigils and Runes or carrying around a load of different weapons and armours with different Sigils and Runes but the fact that it makes
all
Sigil and Rune swapping "free" (obviously, that is free after you've paid a massive, upfront cost) means that there's no downside to experimentation and I find that liberating.

Nope, because a chunk of 3k gold is harder to have than many smaller payments in form of resources, mostly the thousands upon thousands of mithril and elder wood + hundreds of t6 mats :P

It's 2,100g buy order right now, I got mine for about 2,200g a few months back.

Back then (in another thread about Sigil swapping on Legendary weapons) I found myself saying that without Sigil swapping I didn't feel any particular urge to craft any more legendary weapons. So I thought about it and decided to instead get both the Endless Upgrade Extractor and the Permanent Bank Access Contract. Together they cost about the same as two Legendary weapons but together they're worth far more than a couple of weapons I can swap attributes on. At least, to me they're worth a lot more, YMMV.

Anyway, you have the choice to either sell (or don't buy) those mats and save up or don't sell them and get your legendary.

@Clyan.1593 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:Wait, legendary armor has rune swapping?

rune, infusions can be swapped outta combat

That's great, but what about those special infusions with an effect? Are they available too, or how do you get them into the armor when there is a slot filled already with a preset?

they are just infusions too, you take one out, put other in.

Archived