WvW gameplay could be much more intriguing if it had a unique Healing component gameplay

Knighthonor.4061

WvW gameplay would be better if it was enhanced by a new Healing system in place which simulates traditional Trinity Healers. I was thinking this could be done in the form of a new Healing Siege Suit that has larger powerful group healing tools compared to the current Support builds that classes have. Class healing is built and balanced around PvE and SPvP design, which don't really work well in WvW setting which is large scale high damage, unpredictable gameplay.

Traditional Healers can be added in this method which won't effect Class skills and class balance since it's a totally self-enclosed system not effected by gear/traits/class skills.

Current support builds would still be useful in the traditional Trinity role of secondary healer/support.This would be exclusive to WvW/EOTM environment only. So has no effect on PvE balance and SPvP balance.

Prefer these Healer Siege suits have an Energy system like Revenant to add a skill gameplay to it as well which balance out against spamming but with the trade-off of having better healing and support abilities than normal classes.

@MUDse.7623 said:we need more facetanking to make a healer work. so basically would need to change all the combat system to squeeze it in.

I believe more versions of Mobile Sieges need to be made. Some of which is good at taking damage when hit by more people than few. Maybe some kind of Aura Radar damage reduction system that reduces damage taken based on number of enemies nearby. Would add another strategy to WvW Zerg fights.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:WvW gameplay would be better if it was enhanced by a new Healing system in place which simulates traditional Trinity Healers. I was thinking this could be done in the form of a new Healing Siege Suit that has larger powerful group healing tools compared to the current Support builds that classes have. Class healing is built and balanced around PvE and SPvP design, which don't really work well in WvW setting which is large scale high damage, unpredictable gameplay.

Traditional Healers can be added in this method which won't effect Class skills and class balance since it's a totally self-enclosed system not effected by gear/traits/class skills.

Current support builds would still be useful in the traditional Trinity role of secondary healer/support.This would be exclusive to WvW/EOTM environment only. So has no effect on PvE balance and SPvP balance.

Prefer these Healer Siege suits have an Energy system like Revenant to add a skill gameplay to it as well which balance out against spamming but with the trade-off of having better healing and support abilities than normal classes.

I, personally, would be miffed if the devs made a heal golem instead of making heal support builds and skills more fun and more rewarding. This gets a big NO from me.

They had a unique healing system in blasting water fields which required a little bit of teamwork, then they decided with hot to abandon that for all the boon sharing garbage and healing through that ever since, now you also have shields to compliment it. Every character also has their own heals so there's no real need for a dedicated direct healer like other games. Don't omega golems also heal within their traited shields? No real need to introduce more aoe healing with the current boon spamming meta.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:WvW gameplay would be better if it was enhanced by a new Healing system in place which simulates traditional Trinity Healers. I was thinking this could be done in the form of a new Healing Siege Suit that has larger powerful group healing tools compared to the current Support builds that classes have. Class healing is built and balanced around PvE and SPvP design, which don't really work well in WvW setting which is large scale high damage, unpredictable gameplay.

blasting waters was unique. there are plenty of trinity games.

@Klypto.1703 said:Minstrel heal bots that we have already no need for more heal bots because then they would cry when something kills them and gets everything else nerfed so no thanks.

Those not strong enough to compensate on large scale fights. Again those can stay for the small roamers but this idea is for the larger fights since currently WvW doesn't get a Damage reduction

This must be one of the oddest threads on this forum. I am trying to wrap my head around it but I really can't follow the logic no matter how hard I try or through any angle I approach it.

Unique gameplay? GW2's original primary approach to healing by blasting water fields is the very definition of unique.

Trinity/healer roles? Ever since HoT GW2 has had "trinity" healers (ie., specs with healing as a primary role) on top of the unique core mechanic. In vanilla Books were removed from core Guard because it was too reminiscent of Trinity which the developers had said they did not want to do. However, since HoT the game has certainly had them.

Unique classes? Every healing build/spec have some unique way to heal from splash effects to targeted effects to AoE (to cone to reticle) to "self/other splits" and "other through self" mechanics, etc.

Unique mode, like a suit? Every healing build/spec is built around going into some sort of mode from Astral form to Healing kit to Book.

Traditional trinity healing style? Many of new healing mechanics that have come in are by definition very trinity-esque not just in terms of role but also in terms of mechanics. Regeneration is a tick, Cosmic ray is a flash etc.

They are of course adapted to GW2's gameplay and engines but now there are both rather unique and rather typical (or similar to other games') ways to heal. If this entire thread was made just because you want a targeted 1200r auto or tick heal that is more powerful than regeneration, with more uptime than astral spam or longer range than medkit spray or bigger splashes than geyser or w/e, then wouldn't that be a little unfitting for how every other ability works in this game? I mean, healing in this game, now, work quite similar to how damage is designed between range, spread, effect and method of delivery.

It feels like you're asking for something that is already here, no matter what aspect, factor or angle you have - or you are asking for something there is no comparable damage counterpart to or something that simply wouldn't fit into the engines or the core gameplay (eg., with dodges) overall in this game.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Klypto.1703 said:Minstrel heal bots that we have already no need for more heal bots because then they would cry when something kills them and gets everything else nerfed so no thanks.

Those not strong enough to compensate on large scale fights. Again those can stay for the small roamers but this idea is for the larger fights since currently WvW doesn't get a Damage reduction

What healers do you play with that they cannot heal in a zerg fight? In all honesty minstrel scrapper and minstrel FB can heal enormous amounts. Like, if you have the right group comp, and do not squirrel, you essentially do not die. Of course you can get overwhelmed from time to time, but if you didn't fights would never have a winner.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Azynax.5176 said:Mobile sieges are a free kill. A walking coffin if you ask me.

Right now everybody is a free kill. But this kind of siege suit won't be slow and limited Mobility like the current siege suit is since that it designed around door breaking and this healing suit is not.

Welp..only pugs. Not all ppl are a free kill.

Remember when they sold us this game so it would never have the trias ever again? No dedicated healers, tanks or dps.That is already a big lie so lets not make it worse and do even more by creating more dedicated healers ok?Let them fix the real problem of the boring as shit pirateshipping before anything else.

Archived