Patch Notes Are Up Early

Surprised the heck out of me too! But a couple of hours later I'm 7/10 on the base achieves for the scarf and ready to take a break due to bedtime looming. No idea if I'll ever get gold in any of the races -- let alone all of them to get the golden scarf -- but the racing is quite fun even with my poor skills.

If any of you make obstacle-free race tracks in your guild halls with the new decor, I'd love to peek in and try them out. I need drifting practice, and apparently I need to learn to keyboard move for beetle racing.

I'm getting the impression that something's gone bad with the Dragon Throne novelty chair, and that's part of the reason for the early patch. Basically, they needed the patch to go live "right now" to help them to address it, and it was all set up to patch in the morning. Faster to throw that up there than try to remove everything but the part they needed.

@Minna.7895 said:Superior Rune of Sanctuary: The barrier gained from this rune is now granted by the healer.

can I kiss my Monkrunes goodbye now ?^^

No, it doesn't change any functionality. You don't grant barrier to others while healing them when they don't use the rune.But it allows necros to benefit from Abrasive Grit when they heal others with well of blood or similiar skills as they now grant the barrier and not the rune wearer.

Also, I just received a letter from someone, a bit of a teaser for the next Living Story episode I think. So look out for it:

! It's from Caithe, telling you to meet in the Sun's Refuge. She wants to find as much out as she can about Glint, to help Aurene, and she's going to look for "the Brotherhood" to do so.

@otto.5684 said:I would not call this a “patch.” It does not have content or class balance or anything really.

I thought that's what a software patch is - fixes or necessary corrections to existing content. Like patching clothes or the hull of a ship - you're not changing what it is or adding anything new, you're fixing what's already there.

Adding new content or making balance changes would be an update or a release.

Although this would be both since, according to the patch notes, it includes both a list of fixes for various problems and the new rollerbeetle races.

@"Haleydawn.3764" said:Also, I just received a letter from someone, a bit of a teaser for the next Living Story episode I think. So look out for it:

! It's from Caithe, telling you to meet in the Sun's Refuge. She wants to find as much out as she can about Glint, to help Aurene, and she's going to look for "the Brotherhood" to do so.

Likely something about the

! Zephyrites.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@"Haleydawn.3764" said:Also, I just received a letter from someone, a bit of a teaser for the next Living Story episode I think. So look out for it:

Likely something about the

! Zephyrites.

Actually...

@Danikat.8537 said:

@otto.5684 said:I would not call this a “patch.” It does not have content or class balance or anything really.

I thought that's what a software patch is - fixes or necessary corrections to existing content. Like patching clothes or the hull of a ship - you're not changing what it is or adding anything new, you're fixing what's already there.

Although this would be both since, according to the patch notes, it includes both a list of fixes for various problems and the new rollerbeetle races.

The last balance patch was 10/2. Last content was 9/18. They did not even bother to touch runes (except for 2 runes) even though many of them are broken. This is the longest we went without a balance patch since PoF release, even though the devs stated that they are going for more frequent updates instead of quarterly.

But ya we get a fucking bettle race...

@otto.5684 said:

The last balance patch was 10/2. Last content was 9/18. They did not even bother to touch runes (except for 2 runes) even though many of them are broken. This is the longest we went without a balance patch since PoF release, even though the devs stated that they are going for more frequent updates instead of quarterly.

But ya we get a kitten bettle race...

Also considering last balance patch was small (indeed he was!) because it was released close to its previous one.I was expecting a balance patch end november, it seems I was wrong.

System team was a nice concept, but I don't see much changes around class balance... No real communication on upcoming changes (beside a few ones), still take ages to balance or fix things.

Maybe they are preparing a great balance patch (one xan dream), lack of communication kills it before it goes out.Maybe it's me but I feel GW1 balance patches were a lot better.

Archived