Why Anet Nerfed Boonshare Mesmer so Hard ?

fewfield.7802

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They didn't nerf it, they have effectively benched it in WvW.

Neither of these changes are intended to alter the chronomancer's identity as a build focused around quickness and alacrity. However, the power these two skills allowed chronomancers made them a one-stop shop for every boon in the game, which was crowding out other potential roles in raid compositions. In order to reinforce this direction, we've also added quickness and alacrity enhancements to wells.

But we don't use wells in WvW (apart from grav) because obviously fast movement, so Anet please tell us what you imagine Chronos should do now in WvW that they can no longer boonshare in any meaningful way? Veil and then what, wait out the rest of the fight. Annoy one or two stragglers with illusions. I mean, mirage is still the better roaming spec so that leaves chrono out of the fights.

Mesmers are now veil bots again. Their aoe damage sucks, their support sucks. Put mesmers back into the roamer category with rangers and thieves. Anet went in the opposite direction, instead of making more of their classes relevant in "group meta", they took a class out of the rotation for WvW.

To be fair mesmers has been meta everywhere for a bit too long, leaving alot of other potential competitor professions on the bench. I can truly "feel" the pain of having your loverboy having to share the spotlight with some other "players" all of a sudden when you are used to bathe in the benefits on your own.

I think its all good. Quite a drastic change, but for the longevity of the game i think its good.

@"Noha.3749" said:To be fair mesmers has been meta everywhere for a bit too long, leaving alot of other potential competitor professions on the bench. I can truly "feel" the pain of having your loverboy having to share the spotlight with some other "players" all of a sudden when you are used to bathe in the benefits on your own.

I think its all good. Quite a drastic change, but for the longevity of the game i think its good.

What other classes replace a chrono though? Firebrand needs to drop A LOT of sustain to give a mediocre amount of quickness. Seems like ANET just wants a flat out nerf to boons, period.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

@"Noha.3749" said:To be fair mesmers has been meta everywhere for a bit too long, leaving alot of other potential competitor professions on the bench. I can truly "feel" the pain of having your loverboy having to share the spotlight with some other "players" all of a sudden when you are used to bathe in the benefits on your own.

What other classes replace a chrono though? Firebrand needs to drop A LOT of sustain to give a mediocre amount of quickness. Seems like ANET just wants a flat out nerf to boons, period.

well nothing can replace the pre-nerf mesmer as a single profession. But maybe that opens up some spots for say, revenants, guardians, necros or whatever you can mix-match to get a relatively good result out of without dropping too much of the needed dps :) It also opens the doors for further "boon balance" patches!

@Noha.3749 said:

@Noha.3749 said:To be fair mesmers has been meta everywhere for a bit too long, leaving alot of other potential competitor professions on the bench. I can truly "feel" the pain of having your loverboy having to share the spotlight with some other "players" all of a sudden when you are used to bathe in the benefits on your own.

well nothing can replace the pre-nerf mesmer as a single profession. But maybe that opens up some spots for say, revenants, guardians, necros or whatever you can mix-match to get a relatively good result out of without dropping too much of the needed dps :) It also opens the doors for further "boon balance" patches!

I mean, i'm not opposed to less boon spam at all in WVW or PVP, but to remove the ability to share boons on a class that was initially designed to share boons, is insane. Only thing I see is that a xpac is coming next year and they didn't want chrono to be better than whatever class they decided to give massive boonshare to.

There's a lot of steps in between META and unusable. Anet have simply forgotten about WvW in this case I think because the outcome of the patch clearly contradicts their intentions to make chrono a "build focused around quickness and alacrity" when you can only share that with your allies in PvE raids now and not in WvW.

They could have changed it to only shares some boons, not completely obliterate a build because of an anet employee wanted to play a non-meta class that shares nothing and offers nothing to its groups so they got shafted over a mesmer then decided to nerf it

There's really no point to play a Chrono in a zerg beyond Veil and Portal now, and Portal also got nerfed hard. I don't know, anyone who ever tried to play Chrono in a zerg could see this. "Stand Your Ground" now also affected 10 allies. Let's just all swap to a Firebrand.

They just have no clues about WvW. There are way too many proofs.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:What’s interesting is some threads on this forum declare Mesmer as Anets golden child class and that they’ll never be nerfed, then this thread claims that Anet hates Mesmer.

Yea, mesmer still anet's golden child no doubt. Otherwise, they would have addressed a lot more things then just boon application.(i.e. sword mobility, jaunt, elusive mind, evasive mirror, etc)

Archived