Why Anet Nerfed Boonshare Mesmer so Hard ?

fewfield.7802

@"Duckota.4769" said:Idk man. Im sick of them nerfing core thief every single update they try to address "burst dmg" instead of just removing stealth on dodge from deadeye so we can poop on them for failing at running glass.

This ^Cuz of stealth and deadeye core and DD will remaine mobile glassy moderate damage poke and run +1 role opisite of their very description. So computation for their grassiness is what now, mobility? Most classes have now

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Xtinct.7031 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:PvE change ruins other game mode.

Oh, look business as usual.

Actually alot of these cherry picked damage modifier reductions were not based on PvE, but a result from the aftermath of the overall powercreeps .

Yea, well, it certainly wasn't with wvw in mind.

Instead of the mesmer sharing its own active boons with allies, we've changed Signet of Inspiration to extend the duration of boons that are already on allies. This is intended to put more emphasis on the signet as a skill that augments other support skills rather than one that other support skills feed into.

Neither of these changes are intended to alter the chronomancer's identity as a build focused around quickness and alacrity. However, the power these two skills allowed chronomancers made them a one-stop shop for every boon in the game, which was crowding out other potential roles in raid compositions. In order to reinforce this direction, we've also added quickness and alacrity enhancements to wells.

Which was a frequent subject of discussion on reddit.

@zinkz.7045 said:

@Chasind.3128 said:This proves what I've always said these passed 2 years, Anet GW2 Devs are out of touch with the professions. They are out of touch with competitive players.

Competitive players in WvW, lol.

Don't be purposefully incendiary. :s WvW and PvP are referred to as Competitive game modes, therefore, those who participate in those game modes would be referred to as competitive players.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Chasind.3128 said:This proves what I've always said these passed 2 years, Anet GW2 Devs are out of touch with the professions. They are out of touch with competitive players.

Don't be purposefully incendiary. :s WvW and PvP are referred to as Competitive game modes, therefore, those who participate in those game modes would be referred to as competitive players.

Much as North Korea is officially called the 'Democratic People's Republic of Korea'.

@zinkz.7045 said:

Much as North Korea is officially called the 'Democratic People's Republic of Korea'.

And the people who live in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea are called....Koreans.

I know you were trying to make a point there, but sadly, please insert another coin to continue :/

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

And the people who live in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea are called....Koreans.

I know you were trying to make a point there, but sadly, please insert another coin to continue :/

I did make a point you just chose to deliberately miss it. ;)

@Xtinct.7031 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:What’s interesting is some threads on this forum declare Mesmer as Anets golden child class and that they’ll never be nerfed, then this thread claims that Anet hates Mesmer.

Yea, mesmer still anet's golden child no doubt. Otherwise, they would have addressed a lot more things then just boon application.(i.e. sword mobility, jaunt, elusive mind, evasive mirror, etc)

Jaunt was nerfed hard.No one takes elusive mind, got smitebooned in the previous balance patch.Gold child was gutted in this patch on wvw zerg and raid.Portal which made the gold child strong on pvp was also gutted, so we'll see how many gold children will play pvp now.

@aintiarna.1038 said:

_Neither of these changes are intended to alter the chronomancer's identity as a build focused around quickness and alacrity.

The sad this is that this statement by ArenaNet is so incredibly false. All they keep doing is give other classes the stuff that makes us unique. They give other classes Alacrity. They give other classes Quickness. They bolster other classes boon-sharing.

Pretty sure in 1-2 patches they're going to hand out clones to another class

@Zoe.8310 said:

@"aintiarna.1038" said:

_Neither of these changes are intended to alter the chronomancer's identity as a
build focused around quickness and alacrity

The sad this is that this statement by ArenaNet is so incredibly false. All they keep doing is give other classes the stuff that makes us unique. They give other classes Alacrity. They give other classes Quickness. They bolster other classes boon-sharing.

Pretty sure in 1-2 patches they're going to hand out clones to another class

I think the keyword there for them is "and." Firebrands can grant Quickness but not Alacrity. Renegades give Alacrity but not Quickness. Only Chronomancer grants both in one package. Granted that says nothing of the other boons that Firebrand and Renegade also share whereas Chrono now only really has Quickness and Alacrity as a source and are now reliant on other sources to act as an extender.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

@"Noha.3749" said:To be fair mesmers has been meta everywhere for a bit too long, leaving alot of other potential competitor professions on the bench. I can truly "feel" the pain of having your loverboy having to share the spotlight with some other "players" all of a sudden when you are used to bathe in the benefits on your own.

I think its all good. Quite a drastic change, but for the longevity of the game i think its good.

What other classes replace a chrono though? Firebrand needs to drop A LOT of sustain to give a mediocre amount of quickness. Seems like ANET just wants a flat out nerf to boons, period.

Firebrand probly

Well, i for one am done giving anet any money, i have spent wayy too much to gear up for chrono and im done with the crush mesmer 2018 thought process. Anet will not get another dime, maybe if enough people do it they will finally start listening. Between the massive nerf and the way that the update completely borked gameplay for me (can't move without a 3-5 second lag) I don't even feel like trying anymore. Ive played since beta, and have given them the price of thier game many timea over. I'm going back to gw1 for a while, at least that game is getting better instead of worse.

In the proccess of trying to create more diversity im afraid they did the exact opposite. You Still need chrono that didnt change but what is changing is the classes you have to have around the chrono. Post nerf you used 2 chronos and a druid or 2 out of your 10man. Now you still need those chronos but you need more roles to cover the boons. FB, Rev, running modified builds so you can still maintain your boon spread that the chronos can now extend. So instead of 3-4 slots out of your 10 being locked into specific roles that numbers going to go up. So instead of 6-7 of your slots able to just be whatever dps you seek. Your going to need more specialized classes leaving you with less diversity.

And don't get me started on 5 man content its wasted time anet obviously gives zero snowflakes about 5 man content at this point.

Only positive I can see with this is they are definitely not catering to casual players with this move. This will make things much harder on casual raiders and their success in raids.

Please peeps, stop complaining about Chrono being useless in WvW now.

Illusion of life is still the most broken skill in WvW. You can use it AT LEAST 3 times ressing up to 9 allies. Lets say you manage to ress 5 allies. Now you're worth more than 5 allies.

Yea Chrono got gutted and is way worse than it was before but it still has the most broken skill (and ways to recharge it) in the gamemode. Well at least you don't have to get healing power or boon duration now. Maybe you just go DPS boonrip chrono with immobilizing interrupts and triple illusion of life. Who knows.

Mesmers have been too used to being at the top of the food chain that they can't accept to being brought back down to the mortals realm.

The patch notes are very clear. They do not want mesmers to dominate the boons supplying role. Which mesmers have been doing for ages.

Ppl claiming they will quit are just plain silly and lack adaptability.It's time to adapt or get left behind.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:Firebrand needs to drop A LOT of sustain to give a mediocre amount of quickness.

Imagine that. You have to drop something to gain something somewhere else, and not have everything at once. Good.@Shagaliscious.6281 said:Seems like ANET just wants a flat out nerf to boons, period.Good. There's too much boonplay happening anyway.

@Xtinct.7031 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:What’s interesting is some threads on this forum declare Mesmer as Anets golden child class and that they’ll never be nerfed, then this thread claims that Anet hates Mesmer.

Yea, mesmer still anet's golden child no doubt. Otherwise, they would have addressed a lot more things then just boon application.(i.e. sword mobility, jaunt, elusive mind, evasive mirror, etc)

Jaunt is only used now because there's no other alternative in SPvP. It's 2 ports on 30 sec cd that clears a boon and stacks 3 confusion.... there's no reason for this nerf.

Funny...I JUST made a Boonshare Chrono for my guild when we started doing raids this upcoming year. Learned the rotation, bough the foods, tested in fractals, was nice.

Then this happened.

Nice. Wasted all that time gearing up that Chrono for literally nothing. Gotta say, this is the first time that Anet really has pissed me off. I'd like my time, effort and gold back, please.

The pain is real I see. Like virgins cryin' after their lover when they go to war, knowing they'll never return... and the actual event was just a slap to the child in the inn from the innkeeper. Mesmer was in every exp and gamemode the Tier0-godmode-OTP-goldenchild, while other classes was in chains in the cellar (curtsey from necro). In the recent times Anet unleashed some prisoners, shown the cellar to mesmers and they are terrified so see whats outside of their bubble they lived in. "Oh my god! I cant play the a class what is the only tank in Raid , while killing everything with 3 skills in PvP/WvW AND sharing 10000000000+ boons with my playmates! They ruined my whole class!" As WE non-chosen ones got the answer from Anet for years " theres no need to be good in every game mode with 1 class, you have your role in the game, try other classes for different game modes". Well, welcome in the real life, the realm of mortal beings, where classes gets nerfed and the sad golden child need to be adaptive, just like every other non-demigod classes.Anyway, after the nerf I'm still interested in starting a mesmer.

When a chrono boonshared all boons in pvp before even leaving spawn, it was a good indication it was too much. When the fractal group lfgs for only chrono, to carry, it’s time for a change. Played fractal 100 and players didn’t know the mechanics because boonspam probably trivialized it.

Archived