Cellofrag' New PvP Weaver Build (post Evasion Rune Nerf)

Lasiurus.4067

(for lazy people : Rune of Earth / Mender Amulet / Sigil of Courage/Energy / Water 131 Arcana 321 Weaver 332)Rune of Earth is very good for

• 175 Extra toughness, perfect with mender amulet to avoid being too squishy
  • 10% Heal more effective, perfect because already got crazy heal
  • Free protection & magnetic aura, perfect vs Deadeye)

From watching the fight part of the video I still see the same issues similar ele builds have had in the past; near no damage pressure, just a stall/bunker "troll" build whose main strength is forcing the enemy into a never ending 1v1 at far, or forcing the enemy team into a constant 2v1 far. Not to say that isnt a good way to put pressure on the enemy team, but often times if the enemy just decides to give up far and focus on the other caps and objectives, you are left with not much else you can do.

TBH, fighting those builds just feels like you are being "trolled", tugged around, and it seems that is the only playstyle ele's were left into, at which a good soulbeast, holo, druid or heck mirage (still) are better at since they still contribute to objectives and teamfights. Honeslty Anet needs to revise the whole specc, the whole "What they lack in physical toughness, they make up for in versatility and the ability to inflict massive damage." straightup copy-paste from the website's description feels like a blatant lie, all we are a self-healing "troll" mess, a fun one, but a mess nonetheless.

I ran Earth runes in WvW for a while after the patch and I have to agree, that extra healing and protection is great, and the Magnetic Aura helped saved me from many one shot Deadeyes, Mirages and (lol) Soulbeasts pewpewing. But I feel that like this new build isn't anything different from the old meta Weaver build that used Dura runes (although now its usable in PvP so thats pretty cool.) I don't see anything too different. And thats what bums me out.

Off topic but I want to ask, I know you're a great Ele. Have you tried messing around with Fire Runes by chance? Those runes seem to have been made with an Ele in mind and I would love to get them to work. But all my stat combos just suck.

Great vid as always showing that Ele isn't completely dead. :)

Rune of Sanctuary i think would be better for you for all in tankly build you like to run.

It comes down to what the point builds if you cant kill any thing all that well why even try to fight in the first places. If ele could bring something else to a fight such as boon contorll or better cc then i see the unkillable builds having worth for group play but for 1v1 and even group play there just a lack of real reason.

I run a similar build with celestial ammy and sanctuary runes. I think it does the job better as a far pt contester and staller.You get more condi dmg to pressure classes that try to kite you and you stll have good survivability to stall a capture or make people chase you and peel.

Has anyone looked into:Superior Rune of Aristocracy ? (internal cooldown is 1s)it combines a great Mightbuff + Duration on weakness triggered meaning you try to keep up weakness as much as possible which itself is a good damage migitater.as Weaver if you loose the Arcane Tree and go for Air:Sources of Weakness for Weaver:

• ALL [Dual Attacks] (3s, + 10/15% critchance) from "Superior Elements"
  • Through "Lightning Rod" 4s, via [Air2+5,Earth4]
  • When disabled (60s cd) ShockAura

imho, the offense part could be viable, I'm unsure if weakness alone can compensate as a defense concept.

@"neodemus.8937" said:Has anyone looked into:Superior Rune of Aristocracy ? (internal cooldown is 1s)it combines a great Mightbuff + Duration on weakness triggered meaning you try to keep up weakness as much as possible which itself is a good damage migitater.as Weaver if you loose the Arcane Tree and go for Air:Sources of Weakness for Weaver:

• ALL [Dual Attacks] (3s, + 10/15% critchance) from "Superior Elements"
  • Through "Lightning Rod" 4s, via [Air2+5,Earth4]
  • When disabled (60s cd) ShockAura

imho, the offense part could be viable, I'm unsure if weakness alone can compensate as a defense concept.

Tempest defense doesnt have an aura anymore. Arcane precision also has weakness. Lightning rod is usually better with s/d because focus gives better single target CC and much better defense, so you can even swap water spec for air and keep arcane. You're a lot squishier than regular water/arc build though.

I would think that a thief does +1 better and there are other professions that can tank and support just aswell.I think it is sad that this is our best option as weaver, and not to forget your skills helps you a lot, an average player would die several times.

I like the theme of elementalist, just not the execution of their mechanics.

• 1 month later...

Archived