Is the PVE Diviner's Stat supposed to be a HoT or a PoF Stat? or Both?

There is currently some inconsistency with the availability of this stat for gear pieces.

1. It is accessible to accounts with only HoT expansion in the form of raid obtained accessories, raid obtained weapons, raid obtained armor and LS3 living world accessories.
  2. The insignia and inscription for it is only available to accounts with PoF due it it being locked behind LS4 episode 5. HoT accounts have no access to the insignia and inscription.

This has not happened to the previous stat combinations that were available together with the living world releases.

The Diviner attributes were added to sPvP in 2016 during HoT. So it's a HoT era attribute set which explains why the stat combination is now available on HoT era equipment (including the stat selection rewards from LS3 episodes like Caudecus's Mask).

I would say that it is intended for the attributes to be available to owners of either expansion but crafting will require PoF and this LS episode.

@Pifil.5193 said:The Diviner attributes were added to sPvP in 2016 during HoT. So it's a HoT era attribute set which explains why the stat combination is now available on HoT era equipment (including the stat selection rewards from LS3 episodes like Caudecus's Mask).

I would say that it is intended for the attributes to be available to owners of either expansion but crafting will require PoF and this LS episode.

Yea, this is exactly what I would mean by it being inconsistent. Usually craft-ability and attainability via other sources are one and the same, you don't just lock out the crafting option behind another expansion if it is intended to be obtainable by owners of either expansion. Which is why I am hoping a dev comes in to clear this up.

@Infusion.7149 said:I think people will throw a fit if it's removed from the winterberry items (Black Ice Band, Black Ice earring).

I immediately went and attuned my back piece and ring when I saw this. Can confirm. Will throw fit if it's done before I have enough to buy an earring. After that I don't care.

It is odd, though, that it wasn't selectable on ascended gear (bought from golem) but is on LS3 gear. It feels very inconsistent. Having the insignia bought from a normal armour seller person and not the same merchant as the rest of it also felt a bit odd.

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:I think people will throw a fit if it's removed from the winterberry items (Black Ice Band, Black Ice earring).

I immediately went and attuned my back piece and ring when I saw this. Can confirm. Will throw fit if it's done before I have enough to buy an earring. After that I don't care.

It is odd, though, that it wasn't selectable on ascended gear (bought from golem) but is on LS3 gear. It feels very inconsistent. Having the insignia bought from a normal armour seller person and not the same merchant as the rest of it also felt a bit odd.

Nah it's very consistent. ANet always forget stuff like the Mist trinkets when adding new stats.

• ArenaNet Staff

@"DoNotBelieveMe.3029" said:Given how they have gone out of the way to change the thread title, it is either in the state of being addressed internally, or they will just leave it be.Fingers crossed. As long as the issue is brought to the Dev's attention. /Thread :)

As expressed in the Forums rules, we don't really want "dev callouts" in titles. If we start down that road, every other thread will be "ArenaNet [this]" and "Devs please respond" and so forth. The title was changed merely to be consistent with a reason-based forum policy, although I believe I understand you flagged it with a request for a dev response because you were not really seeking player feedback. In any case, no worries and it's all good.

Oh and yes, this report is noted, of course.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Nah it's very consistent. ANet always forget stuff like the Mist trinkets when adding new stats.

If there are other issues with consistency, why not share them in this thread, as well? We really appreciate knowing these concerns and it's a helpful thing to post about, if you care to do so.

I have an issue with consistency that has been bugging me since the change in dialogue for female human Revenant some time back. When you are in the Shiro legend, the last sentence is written out as "After Orr rose, it was isolated further.", but spoken she says "I hope to find out one day." I know it's not a very compelling bug to fix, but wow has it been bothering me for a long time. I sometimes leave my toon AFK in Shiro and when I hear that and see the dialogue, it makes me cringe.

Right now you can only get one ring + accessory by outright buying it with laurels.

It ought to be available on the mist ring & accessory (from fractals + WvW).

It's also available on Difluorite ring/earring, which seems more fitting given that the stat combo was released (for non-PvP) in season 4. I won't comment on whether it should be available on black ice trinkets, just clarifying that it's not your only other option outside of the laurel trinkets from s4e5.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:If there are other issues with consistency, why not share them in this thread, as well? We really appreciate knowing these concerns and it's a helpful thing to post about, if you care to do so.There are a lot of inconsistencies in GW2, but that doesn't have to be bad thing and it's certainly not unique to GW2. What I find a more interesting question is that HoT stats can be acquired via the LS daily zones when it comes to trinkets. The PoF LS daily maps have very limited possibility of getting ascended trinkets. So that's an inconsistency that I do find unfortunate.Ascended trinkets with HoT stats are essentially "easy" to get and with PoF stats they are not. I am speaking of the trinkets that you can select the stats of. I was kind of expecting you guys to fix that for PoF stats starting with this patch but this new map only sells some with this specific set of stats and is not about the map currency but laurels and ectos I guess.

Currently I don't care so much for myself personally because I only use HoT and core stats, but I don't see any benefit to this inconsistency between the two. I guess I just am confused why the Windswept Isles did get a couple of them where you can pick your stats and then none of the other PoF LS maps did. That's an inconsistency that I just can't make up any good reason for. I mean I have to assume that the devs are aware of this difference. I don't see how this could be an "oops, we didn't see that" situation.

So yeah, that's something I wanted to address I guess.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

If there are other issues with consistency, why not share them in this thread, as well? We really appreciate knowing these concerns and it's a helpful thing to post about, if you care to do so.

The other missing stats are already covered by threads in the bug section of the forum. It is just starting to form a pattern new stat being added followed by one or more bug thread popping up about the missing stat on mist trinkets.

Consistency isn't always a good thing ...

Right now you can only get one ring + accessory by outright buying it with laurels.

It ought to be available on the mist ring & accessory (from fractals + WvW).

Not really, The sandswept jewelry has Diviner to select.

I need to fuss more! I recently got a grieving set and Boy that was fun. Back pack from collection, ring, an attuned ring( that I had to do at forge obs) and earring (from sandsweep isles) The amulet from vender in tombs and earring from WvW.
Now if I was going to say anything then we should of had a stat selectable Amulet at least and then maybe a backpack which wasn't ina collection. But how I saw it, IF I found I needed this stat in my growing collection then I would of gone to the season vender and sandswept isles, then cried at having to complete that god awful collection in ORR. I wouldn't have thought to have gone to season 3 for it, regardless if the stat was available in the HoT days, we are now in the PoF days.

Archived