New Bond of Faith mastery

I like the new mastery because it gives the ability to jump off any mount and glide. So if on a griffon in areas that use updrafts for gliding it can really help. You can jump off the griffon in mid air use the updraft then remount the griffon at a higher level. Now for those that do not have gliding and the masteries that go with it then I suggest getting Heart of Thorns. For those that do not have either expansion and are playing free to try the game get them both lol. They need to add more updrafts in the game as it progresses. If you think they cannot do that they already added gliding in the entire game then mounts.

It's a nice work around for those that have both Pof and Hot allowing us a better and cohesive use of our abilities throughout the world. Plus, even if you don't have the Griffon you still win with this mastery, because now, when you raptor off a Hot cliff (you know that "one" where you have no choice about it, because even if you survive the fall thanks to your raptor, you'll still have to wp because you landed in the VB belly of uck and died anyway), but no, thanks to this mastery, falling and waiting for death is a thing of the past :).

@BlueJin.4127 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:I find it terribly funny that theyve effectively gone back on their statement that they thought dismounting in midair would be too powerful for mounts..

I appreciate it when devs change their vision to give players what they want, as long as it’s not an unreasonable request.

I recall they were concerned about exploiting to deny it.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:I find it terribly funny that theyve effectively gone back on their statement that they thought dismounting in midair would be too powerful for mounts..

I appreciate it when devs change their vision to give players what they want, as long as it’s not an unreasonable request.

I recall they were concerned about exploiting to deny it.

So they changed their mind after having over a year to see how mounts and gliding interact and make adjustments to both no gliding and no mount zones (which were continually expanded).

Turns out, they changed their mind and implemented the ability instead of having it (the ability to dismount mid air a mount) baseline and then having to remove it later due to exploits.

But I have utility 1 and 2 set to my two mouse side buttons, which fits perfectly with the stamina regen and sudden dismount.

Eh, that's why they added it as an ability with a cooldown. You effectively can't use it twice to get somewhere because you'll lose too much height until the next time it's up again.

30 seconds cooldown is imo too much.The skill is fun to use, but when you use mount in open world map frequently, 30 sec becomes very annoying (from my experience when exploring Thunderhead Peaks, mounting and dismounting all the time when doing events). 20 or better even 10 seconds CD would make map traverse/exploration smooth, fluid and very enjoyable.I can't think of any abuse-related situations for even 10 seconds. It does not matter when you try to break something if you wait 30 seconds or 10...

I love how the argument against this ability has been it would be too powerful...yes, 'cuz win the game by gliding off a mount is a thing... eye roll Thank you ANet for fixing this with a mastery. Personally, I think this should have just been patched into the game without a mastery, but I'll take what I can get.

@cryorion.9532 said:30 seconds cooldown is imo too much.The skill is fun to use, but when you use mount in open world map frequently, 30 sec becomes very annoying (from my experience when exploring Thunderhead Peaks, mounting and dismounting all the time when doing events). 20 or better even 10 seconds CD would make map traverse/exploration smooth, fluid and very enjoyable.I can't think of any abuse-related situations for even 10 seconds. It does not matter when you try to break something if you wait 30 seconds or 10...

Why would you even use the new mount skill to dismount? The mount engage skill is always better since it actually has an effect and damage.

@Hoover.6394 said:i have problem with it on the skill number 8 key though, you need to use it mostly when using mount movement skill and have to press the far 8 key is kinda hard and slow, should have put it on 2 or something

...you know you can bind it to any key you want, right?

I absolutely love the new mastery too. It gives whole lots of new flexibility on mounts, and also allows for longer jumps on all land mounts, both horizontal and vertical. The animation is also really smooth and looks great. Kudos to whomever came up with this!

@cryorion.9532 said:30 seconds cooldown is imo too much.The skill is fun to use, but when you use mount in open world map frequently, 30 sec becomes very annoying (from my experience when exploring Thunderhead Peaks, mounting and dismounting all the time when doing events). 20 or better even 10 seconds CD would make map traverse/exploration smooth, fluid and very enjoyable.I can't think of any abuse-related situations for even 10 seconds. It does not matter when you try to break something if you wait 30 seconds or 10...

Definitely not 10 seconds. You can do a dive and pull up to maintain your existing altitude within that timeframe. Maybe 20 seconds would be okay but I don’t see the need as I don’t think Anet intended it to be an ability that is constantly used or “chained”.

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:

@Hoover.6394 said:i have problem with it on the skill number 8 key though, you need to use it mostly when using mount movement skill and have to press the far 8 key is kinda hard and slow, should have put it on 2 or something

I absolutely love the new mastery too. It gives whole lots of new flexibility on mounts, and also allows for longer jumps on all land mounts, both horizontal and vertical. The animation is also really smooth and looks great. Kudos to whomever came up with this!

to bind it for just mount skills? cos now i look at the mount keybinds options, they only have the Griffon C and V options, or do i have to change my bind for my character combat skill 8 too?

@Hoover.6394 said:

to bind it for just mount skills? cos now i look at the mount keybinds options, they only have the Griffon C and V options, or do i have to change my bind for my character combat skill 8 too?

Sorry, I might have made a mistake. I actually don't know whether or not you can re-bind the mount utility skills (I use an MMO mouse so I rarely need to alter the default settings), I just assumed so. I'll check the game settings later to confirm. Again, sorry if I was wrong.

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:

Sorry, I might have made a mistake. I actually don't know whether or not you can re-bind the mount utility skills (I use an MMO mouse so I rarely need to alter the default settings), I just assumed so. I'll check the game settings later to confirm. Again, sorry if I was wrong.

Those are shared with the weapon skills. Only the special skills (not the ones on the skillbar) for the mounts can be rebound.

@Blocki.4931 said:

Why would you even use the new mount skill to dismount? The mount engage skill is always better since it actually has an effect and damage.

You don't engage when exploring map or when you want to get to certain spot without getting into combat. Imagine you are using raptor and there is a rock in front of you, blocking your path. Normally, you would dismount and then use springer, but things are a lot less annoying if you just use Bound of Faith and jump over it immediately.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Definitely not 10 seconds. You can do a dive and pull up to maintain your existing altitude within that timeframe. Maybe 20 seconds would be okay but I don’t see the need as I don’t think Anet intended it to be an ability that is constantly used or “chained”.

You can use griffon mid air only when animation of Bound of Faith actually ends, when you do arc path with it, up and down. You don't get additional altitude with it, you just stay high for longer time. Also, the fact that anet made possible dismounting mid air is even more "game breaking".Maps are nowadays easily breakable, anyone who wants to break a map, eventually will, no matter of mount skills.

Archived