I wish there was a concede button

Hiki.9310

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:Isn't there a limit of 2 players from the same prof (including their elites) per team? Or do I have that wrong?

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:Isn't there a limit of 2 players from the same prof (including their elites) per team? Or do I have that wrong?

that only applies before the match has started..You can still run 3 identical mesmers with the same name and outfits/skins and titles by switching class during map selection stage or before the game has begun during the 1m countdown or what ever it is.

@Chorazin.4107 said:

@"MithranArkanere.8957" said:The last thing we need is speeding up match manipulation.

I feel it would need to be unanimous from the team. So in cases of LD, the team can vote to end the match. Either that or change how the scoring system works, a 497-500 loss != a 123-500 loss.

Even if 2 players refuse to concede, you can consider the match is already over since 3 players decided to concede, which means stop playing.In the case of a 400-100 score, i can understand the point, but many players lately would concede at 180-100 being tricapped, especially when facing mirages and scourges. Thus, i'm not sure the " concede " button would be a good idea

Instead of a concede button I would rather see an option that encourages players to fight harder and not give up, afk, etc. even against unbeatable odds.

My idea would be to upgrade the current rating system to deduct fewer rating points if you loose within a certain threshold of your enemy. For example:

Current system:

You loose 495 - 500 and your rating drops 14 - 20 points

You loose 100 - 500 and your rating drops 14 - 20 points

There is no difference so no motivation to not give up, or at least finish with the best possible score you can make.

Suggested system:

Three thresholds1 If you loose within 50 points of enemy 0 rating points deducted.

2 If you loose within 100 points max 4 rating points are deducted.

3 If you loose within 150 points max 8 rating points deducted.

Anything lower than that old rating system points apply so you loose 14-20 rating points.

The amounts of points for a win remains the same

I think this will keep players motivated to keep fighting to mitigate the amount of rating points they loose even in an in-winable situation, rather than just give up from the start.

@James.1065 said:Instead of a concede button I would rather see an option that encourages players to fight harder and not give up, afk, etc. even against unbeatable odds.

My idea would be to upgrade the current rating system to deduct fewer rating points if you loose within a certain threshold of your enemy. For example:

Current system:

There is no difference so no motivation to not give up, or at least finish with the best possible score you can make.

Suggested system:

Three thresholds1 If you loose within 50 points of enemy 0 rating points deducted.

Anything lower than that old rating system points apply so you loose 14-20 rating points.

I think this will keep players motivated to keep fighting to mitigate the amount of rating points they loose even in an in-winable situation, rather than just give up from the start.

Hell no...it's not funny to fight when a match is already decided, if you want, you're free to do it but don't force other people to do that as well.Imho a condede option would be nice, let's say with a 4/5 majority or a more general x-1/x (where x is the numer of current active players, if one or more disconnects). GW1 PvP had a concede option and GW2 should have it as well but as someone already pointed out, it was required many times over the years but it wasn't ever added so I guess it woill never see the light...

@James.1065 said:Instead of a concede button I would rather see an option that encourages players to fight harder and not give up, afk, etc. even against unbeatable odds.

Current system:

Suggested system:

Yep, I've been saying that for years. You should lose less rating if you lost by, let say, 100 points, than you would lose if you lost by 250+ points, to incentive people to keep playing.

On the other side, you should also win more rating if you won by a big margin, to keep people from letting the other team get a few points so them lose less rating.

Since this is a team centred mode, where you most of the time have little impact on the outcome of the match, (MOST of the matches are decided in the matchmaking process, and everyone here knows it's a fact) you shouldn't even lose the same amounting of rating you win, least lose more than when you win. It should be two step forward for a win and one back for a loss, but that would be too logic for Anet.

Current system:

Suggested system:

Best idea I've seen.

Just adding a resign button would make match manipulation even worse. The match doesn't last longer than 10-15 minutes, so I honestly don't see the problem :p

Current system:

This is the core problem right here.

Although a concede button would still be good, but for me has to be unanimous. Someone LD's team wants to concede move to next match. Sometimes people like to duel for the remainder of the match etc, which is fine. Why the concede needs to be unanimous.

• 3 weeks later...

The only way to implement this fairly would giving the option when the score reaches a 300 point deficit.

This is quite significant but not unusual in matches, so f.ex if the score went 50-350 your team got the option to vote concede. Would have to be 5/5 though, and doing so could maybe halve your rating loss.

As of right now the system encourages logging off for a penalty on a single player which isn't good at all, and a 300 point gap isn't too frequent with the current matchmaking meaning 90% of fights would not even reach it.

Those that did would already be blowouts because you lose this option completely once your team reaches 200 points.

I have learned something with games with a concede button; failing to surrender means people hold the team hostage, which does already happen, but now seeing that surrender button appear demoralizes those that are already borderline between keep going and not.

Also, we already have a system with partial points, you lose fewer points if you end up within 150 points from the enemy team, and lose fewer points if you make at least one top stats, although I dont know how much exactly, but I do remember reading it in some patch notes.

What bothers me is that letting the surrender attitude flourish will only be a detriment to the game on the long run, since it encourages the fallacy of "time wasted, let me move on to the next game", which only works against the players and playerbase themselves. Attitudes can be trained, which means they can be conditioned too, conditioning people to give up makes them more likely to give up at the earliest sign of hardship. We need more reinforcements to build player stamina and attitude.  

Enforce AFK system that detect people who are not contributing to fights by staying in spawn or a node and moving slightly to prevent get AFK kicked, base it on enemy proximity and damage dealt, so that people holding a node dont get penalized, and show the player about to get the penalty a timer. Sure those that want to give up will still find a way around it, but now they have to actually sit down on the PC and move their characters to the fight, which can be an inconvenience, at that point either they get annoyed by it and stop queueing or queue less often, or they figure, since they are already fighting, they might as well "try". Eventually i believe they will get sorted out (OW implemented something like this and it works pretty well)

Why would you need a concede button for mode, where the average match lasts ~10 minutes?I kinda get the sentiment for a mobas, where you can save yourselves lots of time, but not really for GW2 conquest.

And even if they implemented it in a way, where you only can concede at a certain score discrepancy (like 200 points), that means you would probably save yourself....what? 5 minutes?

Archived