Minimum games to maintain Ladder status

OutOfOrder.3719

So I want to maintain my top 100 spot on the leaderboard, but know that it is going to be hard for me to keep it. Honestly, I'm always happy with platinium 1 but would love to stay in the top 100 at the end of this season.

What is the minimum number of games that I need to play from March 4th till the season ends on March 18th to stop my status from decaying?

I played 2 games last night on March 3. I'm under the impression that I have to play 1 game every 3 days to keep my current spot on the leaderboard, to stop experience decay.

Thanks a lot!

This is a great case study for the thesis "What is wrong with solo-rank ladder systems."

Here we have systems in place actively discouraging people from playing the game. Bravo, Anet. Bravo!

RankedShouldBeTeamQueueOnly #PutPipsInUnranked #LetMePlayWithMyFriends

Also: This is a great case study for the thesis "What is wrong with condi mirage".

Seriously, I don't get the connection.

On topic: You neet 120 games in total, after 3 days your ranking decays. So 1 game every 4 days would be enough. Nobody knows why the decay stuff still exists with the minimum game number except to troll people going on vacation, working in shifts or having no time to play at the end of the season.

knowing how the system is currently set up, and how the MMR works is key to staying in the top 250.

For example, I've noticed that the only way to have good games is searching during prime time from 6 to 9 pm each night.

You can only gain experience to climb when you face other platinium 1 players. If you search during off hours, you are likely to be the only plat 1 player in the game and you will literally face 5 gold 3 opponents, when you have silver players on your team lol.

The truth is that when you hit plat 2, the risk for losing is greater than the benefit for winning. At this point, every game forward I risk losing -14 rating for the chance of winning +9. That's how the system works and hopefully the system will be changed eventually.

120 games minimum to be eligible for the leader-board at the end of the season as always. Also need to play at least once every I think 4 days to prevent decay from taking effect. Lastly, the cutoff for each title always goes up dramatically during the last few days of the season so if you are like rank 90 currently even if you maintain your rating you will probably get kicked out of the top 100 by people going all in for the last minute rating pushes.

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:knowing how the system is currently set up, and how the MMR works is key to staying in the top 250.

For example, I've noticed that the only way to have good games is searching during prime time from 6 to 9 pm each night.

You can only gain experience to climb when you face other platinium 1 players. If you search during off hours, you are likely to be the only plat 1 player in the game and you will literally face 5 gold 3 opponents, when you have silver players on your team lol.

The truth is that when you hit plat 2, the risk for losing is greater than the benefit for winning. At this point, every game forward I risk losing -14 rating for the chance of winning +9. That's how the system works and hopefully the system will be changed eventually.

I am not criticizing you, my friend. I think you are right to do what you are doing. I hope you end in the top 100; that'd be sweet and I'd be happy for you! I am not good enough at the game and even if I were, I usually can only play at like 4:30 to 6:00 am EST. If you have never played in that window... let's just say this, the matchmaking is ... rough. :D

But I think Anet's entire approach to ranked and PvP and design is inherently flawed.

I want to be able to play casually with my two brothers and still earn pips for wins (you should get pips for losses, except maybe super close matches).

@pah.4931 said:But I think Anet's entire approach to ranked and PvP and design is inherently flawed.

I want to be able to play casually with my two brothers and still earn pips for wins (you should get pips for losses, except maybe super close matches).

It isn't so bad to be honest, the only issue is the low population and a debatable seasonal systemFacing double mirages and scourges wouldn't be so annoying if you were paired with and against player from similar experience.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

@pah.4931 said:

It has been proven several times that team only Q crowd is a very very small but extremely vocal minority.

The only thing 5 man ranked will do is kill ranked and make it have 50+ minute queue times. Anyone who disagrees with this fact is misinformed.

no it hasn'tsolo and duo only killed the game modehave fun with tards and bots

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@pah.4931 said:

It has been proven several times that team only Q crowd is a very very small but extremely vocal minority.

The only thing 5 man ranked will do is kill ranked and make it have 50+ minute queue times. Anyone who disagrees with this fact is misinformed.

It hasn't? OK show me the player number counts of ATs where days had anywhere near the regular signups that ranked Q would need to have a 5 man queue time that doesn't exceed 20 minutes.

Facts do not care about your feelings.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

@pah.4931 said:

It hasn't? OK show me the player number counts of ATs where days had anywhere near the regular signups that ranked Q would need to have a 5 man queue time that doesn't exceed 20 minutes.

ATs are not ranked Q

facts dont care about your feelings Ceasar

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

@pah.4931 said:

players like you are why this company will die like wildstar

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@pah.4931 said:

ATs are not ranked Q

ATs are the closest thing we have to a representation of the community. Believing that there is some phantom community that will magically appear once 5 man ranked comes along ( Which is absolutely silly due to the fact that ranked has less rewards than ATs ) is an unverifiable claim.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

@pah.4931 said:

ATs are not ranked Q

ATs are the closest thing we have to a representation of the community. Believing that there is some phantom community that will magically appear once 5 man ranked comes along ( Which is absolutely silly due to the fact that ranked has less rewards than ATs ) is an unverifiable claim.

The game is dead. Nothing will bring it back. Be the best at a garbage pile, see who cares

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@pah.4931 said:

ATs are not ranked Q

The game is dead. Nothing will bring it back. Be the best at a garbage pile, see who cares

Thinking it's dead is fine, but if you think there's not even a way for it to get better why are you here?

@Elrond.9486 said:

@pah.4931 said:

ATs are not ranked Q

Thinking it's dead is fine, but if you think there's not even a way for it to get better why are you here?

How does it get better enlightened one? (in detail)

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@pah.4931 said:

ATs are not ranked Q

Missing my point. If you want detailed, ideal patch notes you'd be better served getting them from someone more experienced than me. Point being that if you're not having fun with the current system and truly don't think it can get better, you're probably just causing yourself extra stress by sticking around a place you think is a lost cause. Just doesn't seem mentally healthy.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

@"pah.4931" said:

If they just all of a sudden made it team-queue only, I would agree with you. And, sadly, if they ever did make changes, that's probably how they would do it (i.e., not thought out and quick and bandaidey).

However, if they made vast, sweeping changes regarding the entire systems, I think you are wrong.

Ranking people individually based on team wins/losses, for so strongly a 5v5 team-designed game mode (using a ranking system developed for chess, no less) is just so incredibly flawed and lazy. Imagine playing WoW random BGs and being personally ranked based on wins and losses. It's so absurd... yet that is exactly what Anet is doing.

I mean. This thread is a person asking "what are the fewest amount of games I can play to keep my high rank?" ... doesn't that speak volumes of the environment Anet has created? Win trading, match manipulation, prime-time only...

Any leaderboards for this game mode should be teams only. The only people who care about their rank are people who will do ANYTHING to game the system (ranging from not play the game to straight cheating). Talk about vocal minority! If they put PIPs into unranked instead of ranked, I think we would see who the vocal minority is. You know why they don't? Because they know that no one will play their garbage solo/duo-q rank disaster without extra incentives.

Personally, I think ranked and unranked should just be merged into one casual thing (faster queues, better matchmaking with a bigger pool of players). Pips should be rewarded only for wins (bye-bye afkers). You can queue with 1 - 5 players in a group (groups go up against better opponents like it was before, and WORKED). And then ATs, special events, and team queue should get more support and better rewards.

OP, you should note that while 120 games is the minimum to stay on leaderboard, you'll lose your spot to someone who has the same MMR but more matches played. Also, decay starts every 72 hours, so it's at minimum once every 3 days to fight off decay.

I also believe adding team queue will do very little to improve the mode. In several (very average) pvp guilds I was part of, the silvers and golds insisted that full team queues would be so much better, while lamenting that they'd get stomped in ATs. I was forever telling them "guys... don't you realize full team queue in ranked will just move your AT experience into the ranked queue?" I truly believe that will happen, as I don't see Anet making the move to split solo and team queues in ranked, ever.

@Elrond.9486 said:

@pah.4931 said:

ATs are not ranked Q

Missing my point. If you want detailed, ideal patch notes you'd be better served getting them from someone more experienced than me. Point being that if you're not having fun with the current system and truly don't think it can get better, you're probably just causing yourself extra stress by sticking around a place you think is a lost cause. Just doesn't seem mentally healthy.

okay Dr. Elrond

I quit

How long have we been saying that the currently system discourage people from keep playing? 300 points to cross divisions is too much as it is right now. 30 wins in a row to cross divisions is too much, unrealistic and, since mostly players' winrate is about 50 to 55%, just grindy.

The one step forward and one step backwards system needs to go. And that is when things are good. NA has like 3 people on legendary, and I was watching a streamer trying to get to 1800 yesterday, and the guy would lose like 19 points for a loss, while getting +9 for a win. I would just uninstall LOL. I'm currently on plat 2, and the -14 +12 are enough to piss me off.

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:knowing how the system is currently set up, and how the MMR works is key to staying in the top 250.

Excatly my thoughts. Got up to 1470. Almost to plat playing 3 games a day. Yesterday thought screw it. Almost there.went n played 10 games

Nope. Every other game I lose I lose some 14-18 points. Every time I win I win like 8 points. Dropped to 1430 and just stopped playing. Never playing non prime time again.

It's like if I play more games and not prime time I get punished.

Archived