Can we focus on Healing creep reduction now? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Can we focus on Healing creep reduction now?

Lonewolf Kai.3682Lonewolf Kai.3682 Member ✭✭✭

Since power creep has been reduced in the recent patches, can we start looking at reducing healing creep now?

Comments

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

power creep?
    healing creep?
    obviously you have the wrong attitude. I will now instruct you.

The horror...…….the horror...…….the horror...…….

• Power creep has not been reduced, you can still get 1 shot in blob fights and also in roaming.

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭

Unless you mean reducing scourge barriers on their heal skill (5K for 0 investment), I would disagree.
    I was hit over 10K on my guardian with 3200 armor many times this week. When I play rev and weaver I regularly see 5K auto attacks.
    At the same time group heals top out around 2K or so unless you are using merciful intervention.

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2019

Healing is Op for a long time now.
    But many players didn’t put the effort in, to optimize their builds.

The HpS most people do is laughable in WvW.

Heal Scrapper 2 Balance Patches ago healed more per seconds then some tryhards do dps on the dps golem in pve.

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Infusion.7149 said:
    Unless you mean reducing scourge barriers on their heal skill (5K for 0 investment), I would disagree.
    I was hit over 10K on my guardian with 3200 armor many times this week. When I play rev and weaver I regularly see 5K auto attacks.
    At the same time group heals top out around 2K or so unless you are using merciful intervention.

Autos have nothing to do with powercreep, they were always that strong. It's just how glass cannon gear and 25 might work.

• @steki.1478 said:

Autos have nothing to do with powercreep, they were always that strong. It's just how glass cannon gear and 25 might work.

Nicely pointed out. Most autoattacks are the same since many years (except for e.g. PoF elite weapons ofc), so you can't really put them into the "power creep" part. They may be affected by new stat combinations and runes, but since Berserker stat is the top power DPS stat since release, there is not that much Change in Auto attack damage.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Infusion.7149 said:

And those damage numbers are going to go up. The mount has 11k health that needs to be burned through fast.....

The potential for bigger numbers as @DanAlcedo.3281 pointed out above exists for both. And has for a long time.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

Add in more counters to healing and give them to classes who do not have them already. Ele core needs burning or bleeding to have counter healing on them when traited for it (earth or fire line).

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.