Give Jaunt 3 charges again - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Give Jaunt 3 charges again

2>

Comments

  • MikeL.8260MikeL.8260 Member ✭✭✭

    @sephiroth.4217 said:

    Bro its the forums, everyone here is high plat or legendary and anyone they speak too is middle silver or below.

    Well my main char is Digressio and you can see me often in the EU pvp lobby, nothing to hide, in most of my matches I play against people with Indomidable and Ruthless Legend titles so..

  • praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭

    @Sampson.2403 said:
    3 jaunts is better than 2 jaunts bro. Did did didn't cha no ? It's a QoL thing for harlem globetrotter meme players like myself. 33% bro

    Dude, look at mesmer nerfs they have applied before?
    They not just nerfed core class,they butchered it. How is your specific MIRAGE change would help the class?
    In fact jaunt doesnt even deserve to be an elite skill. Its more of an utility ...at best.

  • Sampson.2403Sampson.2403 Member ✭✭✭

    I'm not saying that it's going to drastically change mesmer in anyway lol, i just want 3 jaunts. Having an extra jaunt is definitely noticeable tho and that's all that I'm after here. Sometimes having something as simple as an extra jaunt can make a mans day.

  • praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭

    I dont even understand how this going to make your day ... In my vision any mirage build is unplayble without blind shatter trait. If they would make 20s cd on jaunt this would be much better than 3rd jaunt

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

    @LegendaVagyok.9132 said:
    Please do not buff anything for Mesmer, let it rather be an useless or less played class.
    Just leave everything as is, thus savings us from biased people who would criticizing and crying all day long on pvp forum because it’s so unfair and unfun playing against Mesmer which is broken design (sounds familiar right?)
    Imo the current state of b chrono is borderline useless (plenty better alternatives for that role), pwr shatter is meme (only a handful of players can do it right) and we got a mediocre c mirage which is nerfed to the point where you could not see much of it and literally every spec (more or less) can cleanse with every other skills.

    I see what you're saying. There's no question Mesmers were overtuned for a while. The last thing I'd want to see is Mesmers returning to FOTM status. Right now, I think they're squarely middle-of-the pack in terms of performance, neither overperforming nor underperforming, which is okay. But because they were nerfed in often nonsensical ways to get to this point, they're kind of a mess. Too many skills and traits were simply gutted rather than shaved or reworked, destroying entire weapons, utilities, traitlines, and synergies in the process. Viable build variety is at an all time low. And if those builds aren't something we enjoy playing, oh well. The only good thing is the essential end of forum whining.

    One side-effect of such heavy-handed re-positioning within the class hierarchy is that those who continue to play Mes are likely at least decent at it. This perpetuates the anecdotal myth that the class is still too strong and requires further nerfs. For example: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/75678/condi-bunker-chrono. Unfortunately, due to its good run, Mes may always suffer a stigma where people who lose to it automatically think they lost to the class rather than the player.

    When you say middle of the pack, I am not sure what pack you are talking about. Even before Feb nerf, Mesmer was not doing that hot in top tiers. After last 2 patches it has no build that can compete in any form. Mesmer is currently is the worst performing class. Even ele is now better.

    Ya the 1 shot build still has some steam, but it is hardly viable in higher tiers.

  • BlackTruth.6813BlackTruth.6813 Member ✭✭✭

    So you can z-axis teleport over and over? Lolz.

  • DragonFury.6243DragonFury.6243 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vieux P.1238 said:

    @DragonFury.6243 said:
    No
    No
    No
    No

    NO NO NO is not a valid argument.
    & at the point it's been skinned, like nill damage output from confusion & only 2 jumps of 450 range with 20 second cooldown, why is it still considered an Elite? If you going to reduce everything that makes it an Elite. Add something to at least keep it as one. 1 jaunt been removed out of 3. Cooldown should of been reduced to 15 sec each. confusion damage from jaunt been reduced, add at least more range to it. It's only fare.

    if you want an argument go back and see the merged mesmer thread
    we dont Anet to start returning skills to its original design because if they do that the next thing we ll see scourge want his dhuumfire and sand savant back and FC damage back DJ unblockable back etc etc
    the skill nerfed for a reason same for all other profession
    and as long mirage have Self-Deception no 1 want to fight that unhealthy game play the clone vomit is some how equal to scourge corrupt and condi vomit
    you just have to admit that nerfing jaunt dhuumfire and other was a healthy step to the game mode
    and i personal want other elite nerfed to be inline with jaunt that mean any panic elite or press to win elite some thing like dagger storm , rampage and many more
    but we both know Anet
    that mean we have to wait ......... a lot

  • Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

    You take a little, you give back a little is all i'm saying. B)

    Winter Nerf is coming!

  • FyzE.3472FyzE.3472 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @mortrialus.3062 said:
    OP thinks mirage needs buffs.

    OK. The amount of likes on this is just... Showing,. People are still mad at mesmers.

  • Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭

    Okay, you get Mirage's 3rd Jaunt back, I get old DD ele. Deal.
    Also Id like to get old DD teef Steal, old Alacrity, oh and maybe bring back old Scrapper and Zerker.

    The future is now old man, no king rules forever and Mirage ruled quite too long.

    Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons

  • XECOR.2814XECOR.2814 Member ✭✭✭

    Mesmer is fine lul.

  • Quadox.7834Quadox.7834 Member ✭✭✭

    @Widmo.3186 said:
    Okay, you get Mirage's 3rd Jaunt back, I get old DD ele. Deal.
    Also Id like to get old DD teef Steal, old Alacrity, oh and maybe bring back old Scrapper and Zerker.

    The future is now old man, no king rules forever and Mirage ruled quite too long.

    I mean you can get old DD ele back but it would be complete trash now.

    // Yanim

  • praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 12, 2019

    @otto.5684 said:
    When you say middle of the pack, I am not sure what pack you are talking about. Even before Feb nerf, Mesmer was not doing that hot in top tiers. After last 2 patches it has no build that can compete in any form. Mesmer is currently is the worst performing class. Even ele is now better.

    Ya the 1 shot build still has some steam, but it is hardly viable in higher tiers.

    Its true... Except even playing berserk amulet you arent really oneshotting...
    @DragonFury.6243

    and as long mirage have Self-Deception no 1 want to fight that unhealthy game play the clone vomit is some how equal to scourge corrupt and condi vomit

    Self decepton trait is terrible and never been played

    and i personal want other elite nerfed to be inline with jaunt that mean any panic elite or press to win elite some thing like dagger storm , rampage and many more

    To be on par with jaunt this elite skills need to be 240s cd. Rampage can two shot people on nearly on the same cooldown as jaunt(2counts) that travel way more distance with just 1 button compared to mesmer using both jaunts at once.

  • Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2019

    @praqtos.9035 said:

    @otto.5684 said:
    When you say middle of the pack, I am not sure what pack you are talking about. Even before Feb nerf, Mesmer was not doing that hot in top tiers. After last 2 patches it has no build that can compete in any form. Mesmer is currently is the worst performing class. Even ele is now better.

    Ya the 1 shot build still has some steam, but it is hardly viable in higher tiers.

    Its true... Except even playing berserk amulet you arent really oneshotting...
    @DragonFury.6243

    and as long mirage have Self-Deception no 1 want to fight that unhealthy game play the clone vomit is some how equal to scourge corrupt and condi vomit

    Self decepton trait is terrible and never been played

    and i personal want other elite nerfed to be inline with jaunt that mean any panic elite or press to win elite some thing like dagger storm , rampage and many more

    To be on par with jaunt this elite skills need to be 240s cd. Rampage can two shot people on nearly on the same cooldown as rampage that travel way more distance with just 1 button compared to mesmer using both jaunts at once.

    Are ppl really comparing skill's to cheap old jaunt? Like really? Jaunt? a 450 range mini me blink & all of you asking for what in exchange? Wow, the biases is strong.

    Winter Nerf is coming!

  • Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2019

    In the case of Jaunt remove confusion, give original charges and cooldown. But mirage does need more, however condi needs to be restrained.

    For something designed as quoted by a-net to “live longer in fights” it now survives less than most mediums or heavies unless you run.

    Compare any power mes to a holo, war, or thief. Condi only does okay, because condi like always only needs one stat to kill.

  • Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @EpicTurtle.8571 said:

    @Master Ketsu.4569 said:
    Mesmers would need a redo to their phantasm rework before any buff to the class could be justified. The current design of the class is just bad for the game in general.

    Hell, it's not just bad for GW2. You could copy Mesmers design concept of "rotate defenses while 4-9 clones do the work for you", add it to any PvP oriented game and it would have a negative impact. It would be bad for Overwatch, bad for League of Legends, bad for DOTA, bad for SMITE, bad for Apex, bad for BDO, bad for Blade+Soul, bad for just about anything. The problem with this kind of design is it's uninteractive playstyle means it's either good enough to win fights and therefore breaks the game due to lack of meaningful counterplay, or it's not good enough to win fights and therefore is useless. This is what Anet refuses to accept about the direction they have taken with Mesmers design, it's impossible to properly balance.

    You need a redo to your same tired argument. If you're dying to phantasms or clones at this point you need to get better.

    Talking about a classes design =/= talking about which class is OP

  • EpicTurtle.8571EpicTurtle.8571 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Master Ketsu.4569 said:

    @EpicTurtle.8571 said:

    @Master Ketsu.4569 said:
    Mesmers would need a redo to their phantasm rework before any buff to the class could be justified. The current design of the class is just bad for the game in general.

    Hell, it's not just bad for GW2. You could copy Mesmers design concept of "rotate defenses while 4-9 clones do the work for you", add it to any PvP oriented game and it would have a negative impact. It would be bad for Overwatch, bad for League of Legends, bad for DOTA, bad for SMITE, bad for Apex, bad for BDO, bad for Blade+Soul, bad for just about anything. The problem with this kind of design is it's uninteractive playstyle means it's either good enough to win fights and therefore breaks the game due to lack of meaningful counterplay, or it's not good enough to win fights and therefore is useless. This is what Anet refuses to accept about the direction they have taken with Mesmers design, it's impossible to properly balance.

    You need a redo to your same tired argument. If you're dying to phantasms or clones at this point you need to get better.

    Talking about a classes design =/= talking about which class is OP

    And your perception of Mesmers design is still flawed as usual.

  • @otto.5684 said:

    @Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

    @LegendaVagyok.9132 said:
    Please do not buff anything for Mesmer, let it rather be an useless or less played class.
    Just leave everything as is, thus savings us from biased people who would criticizing and crying all day long on pvp forum because it’s so unfair and unfun playing against Mesmer which is broken design (sounds familiar right?)
    Imo the current state of b chrono is borderline useless (plenty better alternatives for that role), pwr shatter is meme (only a handful of players can do it right) and we got a mediocre c mirage which is nerfed to the point where you could not see much of it and literally every spec (more or less) can cleanse with every other skills.

    I see what you're saying. There's no question Mesmers were overtuned for a while. The last thing I'd want to see is Mesmers returning to FOTM status. Right now, I think they're squarely middle-of-the pack in terms of performance, neither overperforming nor underperforming, which is okay. But because they were nerfed in often nonsensical ways to get to this point, they're kind of a mess. Too many skills and traits were simply gutted rather than shaved or reworked, destroying entire weapons, utilities, traitlines, and synergies in the process. Viable build variety is at an all time low. And if those builds aren't something we enjoy playing, oh well. The only good thing is the essential end of forum whining.

    One side-effect of such heavy-handed re-positioning within the class hierarchy is that those who continue to play Mes are likely at least decent at it. This perpetuates the anecdotal myth that the class is still too strong and requires further nerfs. For example: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/75678/condi-bunker-chrono. Unfortunately, due to its good run, Mes may always suffer a stigma where people who lose to it automatically think they lost to the class rather than the player.

    When you say middle of the pack, I am not sure what pack you are talking about. Even before Feb nerf, Mesmer was not doing that hot in top tiers. After last 2 patches it has no build that can compete in any form. Mesmer is currently is the worst performing class. Even ele is now better.

    Ya the 1 shot build still has some steam, but it is hardly viable in higher tiers.

    I'm sure you're right. I just mean Mes is "viable" in skilled hands. Not basement tier like Renegade and Tempest, but not going to get one very far in the LB if that's what matters. I really really hope someone in the balance team looks at the class performance data after this Season and realizes they've knocked Mes down enough. Time to either bring the rest down as well or give Mes a little back. Preferably the former for now. Then do some reworks later because there are some gaping holes in Mes traitlines and weapon options at the moment.

  • @praqtos.9035 said:
    I dont even understand how this going to make your day ... In my vision any mirage build is unplayble without blind shatter trait. If they would make 20s cd on jaunt this would be much better than 3rd jaunt

    Given the choice, I'd rather have 20s c/d back than third ammo count. Still doesn't make it an "elite" skill, but baby steps, ya know? :smile: I mean look at some in the community already freaking out about such a modest revert.

    "Zomg moar z-axis tele."

    "Well if you get your third jaunt back we demand our Full Counter, DD Ele, old Scourge, DJ unblockable, etc., etc. back"--as if those are even comparable to reverting either the c/d or ammo count nerf to Jaunt.

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 10, 2019

    @Master Ketsu.4569 said:
    Mesmers would need a redo to their phantasm rework before any buff to the class could be justified. The current design of the class is just bad for the game in general.

    Hell, it's not just bad for GW2. You could copy Mesmers design concept of "rotate defenses while 4-9 clones do the work for you", add it to any PvP oriented game and it would have a negative impact. It would be bad for Overwatch, bad for League of Legends, bad for DOTA, bad for SMITE, bad for Apex, bad for BDO, bad for Blade+Soul, bad for just about anything. The problem with this kind of design is it's uninteractive playstyle means it's either good enough to win fights and therefore breaks the game due to lack of meaningful counterplay, or it's not good enough to win fights and therefore is useless. This is what Anet refuses to accept about the direction they have taken with Mesmers design, it's impossible to properly balance.

    Le Blanc has always been a thing in league of legends. Apex has Mirage who literally makes fake versions of himself.

    Phantasms are just like any other profession's 4 or 5 weapon skill just with a unusual delivery system that is separate from the mesmer themselves. There's nothing special about phantasms post rework. If anything phantasms are more healthy for the game post rework. The cast animation is used. The attack comes out. And unless we're talking about Chronomancers with Chronophantasma it's just one attack that can be avoided like any other skill and I've always maintained that based on the current design of phantasms Chronophantasma should have never have been allowed to exist in it's current form. You can run out of the way of the torch phantasm's fire cone and the sword phantasms frenzy attack. You can dodge when the shield phantasms would be spawning to prevent them from spawning in the first place. You can dodge the pistol barrage just like you would a thief's unload. You can dodge the greatsword berserker just like you can a warrior's whirlwind blade. The focus is harder to mitigate as it does a lot of chip damage over a longer time like a guardian's Ray of Judgement. But that's just it, it's chip damage. And you can out range it and line of sight it and once you do it can't close the distance.

    And unlike before you aren't going to have to deal with literally endless pistol barrages while the mesmer stealth around with prismatic understanding and stealth spam.

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Making elite comparisons, its amazing how many ppl are against touching Jaunt, despite even mes players stating the condi/damage should be nerfed, and buff the CD/ammo. Any other skill/class people would be all for it as they are still balancing out the skill.

    You hoomans never cease to amaze me

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    Making elite comparisons, its amazing how many ppl are against touching Jaunt, despite even mes players stating the condi/damage should be nerfed, and buff the CD/ammo. Any other skill/class people would be all for it as they are still balancing out the skill.

    You hoomans never cease to amaze me

    Yeah but the confusion damage in Jaunt has been reduce to almost nill. Just remove it already & give us back 3 jaunt at 600 range with 20sec recharge. No damage but at least mobility.

    Winter Nerf is coming!

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vieux P.1238 said:

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    Making elite comparisons, its amazing how many ppl are against touching Jaunt, despite even mes players stating the condi/damage should be nerfed, and buff the CD/ammo. Any other skill/class people would be all for it as they are still balancing out the skill.

    You hoomans never cease to amaze me

    Yeah but the confusion damage in Jaunt has been reduce to almost nill. Just remove it already & give us back 3 jaunt at 600 range with 20sec recharge. No damage but at least mobility.

    Id be ok if they removed the condi and DPS, and revert the condi cleanse nerf thus making it a complete survival/mobility based (600 range would be a bonus...maybe change a trait to provide the extra cleanse and extra distance). Id be fine with no change in CD in this case

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

    @Vieux P.1238 said:

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    Making elite comparisons, its amazing how many ppl are against touching Jaunt, despite even mes players stating the condi/damage should be nerfed, and buff the CD/ammo. Any other skill/class people would be all for it as they are still balancing out the skill.

    You hoomans never cease to amaze me

    Yeah but the confusion damage in Jaunt has been reduce to almost nill. Just remove it already & give us back 3 jaunt at 600 range with 20sec recharge. No damage but at least mobility.

    Id be ok if they removed the condi and DPS, and revert the condi cleanse nerf thus making it a complete survival/mobility based (600 range would be a bonus...maybe change a trait to provide the extra cleanse and extra distance). Id be fine with no change in CD in this case

    Well if i remembered it was initially 600 range when it first came out. But between that & the damage from confusion at that time got nerf hammer.

    Winter Nerf is coming!

  • Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I said this in a mesmer forums' thread but here it goes again.
    Fix the skill to match the tool tip, like engi rifle (tool tip still says 3 charges).

  • AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Master Ketsu.4569 said:
    Mesmers would need a redo to their phantasm rework before any buff to the class could be justified. The current design of the class is just bad for the game in general.

    Hell, it's not just bad for GW2. You could copy Mesmers design concept of "rotate defenses while 4-9 clones do the work for you", add it to any PvP oriented game and it would have a negative impact. It would be bad for Overwatch, bad for League of Legends, bad for DOTA, bad for SMITE, bad for Apex, bad for BDO, bad for Blade+Soul, bad for just about anything. The problem with this kind of design is it's uninteractive playstyle means it's either good enough to win fights and therefore breaks the game due to lack of meaningful counterplay, or it's not good enough to win fights and therefore is useless. This is what Anet refuses to accept about the direction they have taken with Mesmers design, it's impossible to properly balance.

    It's impossible to have a productive conversation regarding mesmer balance with people who think that it's the clones that are dealing all the damage.

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vieux P.1238 said:

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

    @Vieux P.1238 said:

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    Making elite comparisons, its amazing how many ppl are against touching Jaunt, despite even mes players stating the condi/damage should be nerfed, and buff the CD/ammo. Any other skill/class people would be all for it as they are still balancing out the skill.

    You hoomans never cease to amaze me

    Yeah but the confusion damage in Jaunt has been reduce to almost nill. Just remove it already & give us back 3 jaunt at 600 range with 20sec recharge. No damage but at least mobility.

    Id be ok if they removed the condi and DPS, and revert the condi cleanse nerf thus making it a complete survival/mobility based (600 range would be a bonus...maybe change a trait to provide the extra cleanse and extra distance). Id be fine with no change in CD in this case

    Well if i remembered it was initially 600 range when it first came out. But between that & the damage from confusion at that time got nerf hammer.

    Jaunt was 400 units in the demo weekend and was buffed to 450 which is how it's been since Path of Fire went live.

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

  • Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 10, 2019

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Vieux P.1238 said:

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

    @Vieux P.1238 said:

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    Making elite comparisons, its amazing how many ppl are against touching Jaunt, despite even mes players stating the condi/damage should be nerfed, and buff the CD/ammo. Any other skill/class people would be all for it as they are still balancing out the skill.

    You hoomans never cease to amaze me

    Yeah but the confusion damage in Jaunt has been reduce to almost nill. Just remove it already & give us back 3 jaunt at 600 range with 20sec recharge. No damage but at least mobility.

    Id be ok if they removed the condi and DPS, and revert the condi cleanse nerf thus making it a complete survival/mobility based (600 range would be a bonus...maybe change a trait to provide the extra cleanse and extra distance). Id be fine with no change in CD in this case

    Well if i remembered it was initially 600 range when it first came out. But between that & the damage from confusion at that time got nerf hammer.

    Jaunt was 400 units in the demo weekend and was buffed to 450 which is how it's been since Path of Fire went live.

    400, ah yeah that is right. & your saying buffing it to 3 jaunts at 600 range with 20sec CD while removing dps & confusion would be wrong why exactly?

    Winter Nerf is coming!

  • OutOfOrder.3719OutOfOrder.3719 Member ✭✭✭

    As a Scourge, I can now 1vs1 a Mirage and win at least 50% of the time. Before I would lose 90% of the time.

    Now at least I have to be +1 to lose to a Mirage.

  • Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @OutOfOrder.3719 said:
    As a Scourge, I can now 1vs1 a Mirage and win at least 50% of the time. Before I would lose 90% of the time.

    Now at least I have to be +1 to lose to a Mirage.

    Yeah cuz Jaunt was so Broken & OP

    Winter Nerf is coming!

  • Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭✭

    What's funny is that Jaunt is more likely to get 3 charges back but not Arcane Blast. Nobody remembers poor elementalists.

    Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

  • Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

    20s cooldown back would be better.

    IH hybrid | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

  • @Sampson.2403 said:
    Mirage was overpowered months ago and has since then received good and bad nerfs. It's time to start reverting back some of the bad nerfs.

    I can get behind 3 jaunts, but some of the nerfs were justly earned. Mirage is still crazy strong in good hands, which I know you know ;)

    Remove Ranked DuoQ pls&ty

  • Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2019

    @Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

    @Sampson.2403 said:
    Mirage was overpowered months ago and has since then received good and bad nerfs. It's time to start reverting back some of the bad nerfs.

    I can get behind 3 jaunts, but some of the nerfs were justly earned. Mirage is still crazy strong in good hands, which I know you know ;)

    Oh so what your saying is that lets make mirage weaker cuz it's still viable & kill's stuff when it's in the hands of good players? By all means, nerf it ..We can't have that!

    Winter Nerf is coming!

  • @Vieux P.1238 said:
    Oh so what your saying is that lets make mirage weaker cuz it's still viable & kill's stuff when it's in the hands of good players? By all means, nerf it ..We can't have that!

    I'm talking about the last bit of changes, retrospectively. I'm not saying it should be made weaker.

    Remove Ranked DuoQ pls&ty

  • shadowpass.4236shadowpass.4236 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2019

    @Vieux P.1238 said:

    @Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

    @Sampson.2403 said:
    Mirage was overpowered months ago and has since then received good and bad nerfs. It's time to start reverting back some of the bad nerfs.

    I can get behind 3 jaunts, but some of the nerfs were justly earned. Mirage is still crazy strong in good hands, which I know you know ;)

    Oh so what your saying is that lets make mirage weaker cuz it's still viable & kill's stuff when it's in the hands of good players? By all means, nerf it ..We can't have that!

    Druid was trash tier before the most recent pet nerf. Now, it's actually worthless. Druid deserves buffs.

    Mirage is nowhere near the level of "dumpster fire" and doesn't need a third charge/reduced cooldown on Jaunt.

  • Euthymias.7984Euthymias.7984 Member ✭✭✭

    Wouldnt mind seeing Jaunt have 3 charges or the cooldown at 20s again, but not both at once.

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @praqtos.9035 said:

    @Sampson.2403 said:
    3 jaunts is better than 2 jaunts bro. Did did didn't cha no ? It's a QoL thing for harlem globetrotter meme players like myself. 33% bro

    Dude, look at mesmer nerfs they have applied before?
    They not just nerfed core class,they butchered it. How is your specific MIRAGE change would help the class?
    In fact jaunt doesnt even deserve to be an elite skill. Its more of an utility ...at best.

    Jaunt is a mediocre bandaid that's there because Mirage cloak eliminates your ability to chose a favorable position by dodging in certain directions.

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

  • LegendaVagyok.9132LegendaVagyok.9132 Member ✭✭
    edited May 12, 2019

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:
    Mirage is now way trashier than at beta and mirage was voted as one of the worst specs at that time.
    The difference is that now people are blinded by hate and memeing.

    Surely it is not meta anymore and it might be better this way. A handful of skilled players are still committed to Mirage and Chrono regardless of the recent balance patches.
    At least we do not see complains (some people are still salty though) so we should not expect more nerfs beyond this point. Imo both specs are viable in capable hands, and sooner or later the remaining cheesy builds will be nerfed which will lead us to a better overall balance.

  • Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @LegendaVagyok.9132 said:

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:
    Mirage is now way trashier than at beta and mirage was voted as one of the worst specs at that time.
    The difference is that now people are blinded by hate and memeing.

    Surely it is not meta anymore and it might be better this way. A handful of skilled players are still committed to Mirage and Chrono regardless of the recent balance patches.
    At least we do not see complains (some people are still salty though) so we should not expect more nerfs beyond this point. Imo both specs are viable in capable hands, and **sooner or later the remaining cheesy builds will be nerfed which will lead us to a better overall balance. **

    Ha! After 6 year you believe that? pfff kitten plz

    Winter Nerf is coming!

  • Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vieux P.1238 said:

    @LegendaVagyok.9132 said:

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:
    Mirage is now way trashier than at beta and mirage was voted as one of the worst specs at that time.
    The difference is that now people are blinded by hate and memeing.

    Surely it is not meta anymore and it might be better this way. A handful of skilled players are still committed to Mirage and Chrono regardless of the recent balance patches.
    At least we do not see complains (some people are still salty though) so we should not expect more nerfs beyond this point. Imo both specs are viable in capable hands, and **sooner or later the remaining cheesy builds will be nerfed which will lead us to a better overall balance. **

    Ha! After 6 year you believe that? pfff kitten plz

    There will always be threads for nerfs as long as Spvp exist.
    In the words of childish gambino

    stay woke.
    ------- creepin
    they gon find you
    gon catch you sleepin

    Tingle my stingleberry

  • Asuran.5469Asuran.5469 Member ✭✭

    Jaunt could us 3 charges again.

  • LegendaVagyok.9132LegendaVagyok.9132 Member ✭✭
    edited May 13, 2019

    @Vieux P.1238 said:

    @LegendaVagyok.9132 said:

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:
    Mirage is now way trashier than at beta and mirage was voted as one of the worst specs at that time.
    The difference is that now people are blinded by hate and memeing.

    Surely it is not meta anymore and it might be better this way. A handful of skilled players are still committed to Mirage and Chrono regardless of the recent balance patches.
    At least we do not see complains (some people are still salty though) so we should not expect more nerfs beyond this point. Imo both specs are viable in capable hands, and **sooner or later the remaining cheesy builds will be nerfed which will lead us to a better overall balance. **

    Ha! After 6 year you believe that? pfff kitten plz

    We won’t reach optimum, better is fair enough. I like these new wall threads about broken Sb, arc div / rampage and holo sustain...can’t wait for the next patch ;)

  • Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019

    Revert jaunt to PvE equivalent recharge and charges. Remove Confusion, add blind.

    After all the survivability nerfs and damage nerfs this will not be over performing, if jaunt was tipping the scales in this it would have done so being nerfed long ago. Right now jaunt underperfroms as an elite skill, and is only unbalanced FOR CONDI because it offers to much offense. As it stands Mirage, active defenses stand on par with most of the roster when it by design should live a bit longer.

    If you still have a problem with Condi mirage, the problem is still because of condi and how it applies stacks. Maim the Disillusioned is still stacking on all 4 shatters, despite the whole "we are making traits shatter specific", and Between Ineptitude and Blinding dissipation synergy, Ineptitude should been the one to have taken the hit.

    Power wasn't over performing before even with all the shenanigans, and it's definitely not over performing now after all the nerfs.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.