DakotaCoty.5721

Gaile Grey said that having our own avatars uploaded onto their server would not be possible (quote linked below).

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Hey again,

Taking your feedback on board, we've disabled avatars related to reactions. The reaction system remains, and we appreciate your sharing thoughts on various posts, but we no longer will see the wave of images across the bottom of a post.

You know it's going to be a problem when a single post shows three rows of images in just 6 hours! =) And this is something that was not readily apparent in our testing, it only became noticeable when you guys dove in and reacted, reviewed, and shared your thoughts. So thanks for that feedback!

We'll continue to review and make decisions on other input and suggestions over time.So I am starting a thread for a Guild Wars 2 avatar request topic.

Here are some of mine:

• Sylvari Male
  • Charr Female
  • Human Female (human female meta, duh)
  • The new class icons
  • Lion's Arch, Divinity's Reach, Black Citadel, The Grove and Rata Sum.

Any others that the community would want?@Gaile Gray.6029 I hope this thread is okay and in respect as to what you said.

If we can not upload our own Avatars then I think they should provide a large amount of Avatars to choose from, not all necessarily related to GW. It is unfortunate that our Avatars will never be unique, at least give us so much choice that it can be somewhat unique. All avatars provided by Anet should be appropriate off course, but for instance I would not mind a couple of SAB avatars thrown in the mix.

The current offering is just sad.

@Tyncale.1629 said:If we can not upload our own Avatars then I think they should provide a large amount of Avatars to choose from, not all necessarily related to GW. It is unfortunate that our Avatars will never be unique, at least give us so much choice that it can be somewhat unique. All avatars provided by Anet should be appropriate off course, but for instance I would not mind a couple of SAB avatars thrown in the mix.

I agree with your first point, we should have a lot of avatars available to us - hence this thread; but the game is GW2 so I think they should be Guild Wars 2 based or at least human generic with no copyright issues.

It'd be odd to see WoW avatars on a GW2 forum.

@"Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489" said:

I would love avatars of all the skill-icons :) and maybe avatars with guild emblems? There's some room for customisation as well, if you could "design" an avatar the way you design a guild emblem. =)

I feel like that would be a lot of work.

@Rinn.2375 said:Is it possible to user our characters pictures as avatars? I mean the picture shown when you select a character on map. It's small enough and it's already generated somewhere on the GW2 servers.

Someone brought up that issue in the feedback thread - I hope it's something that they can make happen.

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:@"Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489" said:

I would love avatars of all the skill-icons :) and maybe avatars with guild emblems? There's some room for customisation as well, if you could "design" an avatar the way you design a guild emblem. =)

I feel like that would be a lot of work.

You're probably right, but it would be neat to customise it. I don't see the skill icons as a problem though, and at this point anything would be welcome to increase the amount available.

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

@Tyncale.1629 said:If we can not upload our own Avatars then I think they should provide a large amount of Avatars to choose from, not all necessarily related to GW. It is unfortunate that our Avatars will never be unique, at least give us so much choice that it can be somewhat unique. All avatars provided by Anet should be appropriate off course, but for instance I would not mind a couple of SAB avatars thrown in the mix.

I agree with your first point, we should have a lot of avatars available to us - hence this thread; but the game is GW2 so I think they should be Guild Wars 2 based or at least human generic with no copyright issues.

It'd be odd to see WoW avatars on a GW2 forum.

I agree, no copyright issues and I agree it would be odd to see recognizable WoW or other MMO avatars here. It would definately require some work to get a lot of free to use avatars that fit but I have seen forums that had a great selection(like 800, and you could pick through categories). I think Anet should put some work into this. :)

Ooh, I like Irreverents idea, that's several hundred avatars right there, including lots of quirky ones.

@Irreverent.3594 said:Just add all mini's icons from in game.Each server themed icons!We need MOAR much moar to choose from.

Firstly, I love your name.

Secondly, it'd be great if we could get categories of stuff we could choose from - we have thousands of users so having thousands of avatars would take time but is definitely necessary to create some uniqueness.

Archived