This build is so busted

Dantheman.3589

How is this even allowed. The basic combo hits for 17633 damage in this picture and it’s not even full zerk. Now add in crazy amount of dodges that damage like vault which can be 10k and Shortbow which has good damage and gives the spec some of the best utility and mobility in the game.Here’s image: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Kl_UUfzcN4gsdTJQaM6Upt4A

@"Dantheman.3589" said:How is this even allowed. The basic combo hits for 17633 damage in this picture and it’s not even full zerk. Now add in crazy amount of dodges that damage like vault which can be 10k and Shortbow which has good damage and gives the spec some of the best utility and mobility in the game.Here’s image: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Kl_UUfzcN4gsdTJQaM6Upt4A

So busted that nobody playz it ..., cmon ...?

@ burnfail, u r just boring?

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:

@"Dantheman.3589" said:How is this even allowed. The basic combo hits for 17633 damage in this picture and it’s not even full zerk. Now add in crazy amount of dodges that damage like vault which can be 10k and Shortbow which has good damage and gives the spec some of the best utility and mobility in the game.Here’s image:

People always have played staff and it’s more viable rn in ats than d/p s/p and s/d( at least against 2 fbs) at least in many cases

@Dantheman.3589 said:People always have played staff and it’s more viable rn in ats than d/p s/p and s/d( at least against 2 fbs) at least in many cases

I don't really see how staff can be good against fbs when they're constantly spamming blocks and none of staffs attacks are unblockable. Besides the double staff bunker build was already nerfed, rightfully. Staff thief hasn't been much more than a gimmick since HoT launch anyway.

@"Dantheman.3589" said:How is this even allowed. The basic combo hits for 17633 damage in this picture and it’s not even full zerk. Now add in crazy amount of dodges that damage like vault which can be 10k and Shortbow which has good damage and gives the spec some of the best utility and mobility in the game.Here’s image: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Kl_UUfzcN4gsdTJQaM6Upt4A

Start playing it.

• Confused 1

@blarghhrrkblah.3412 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:People always have played staff and it’s more viable rn in ats than d/p s/p and s/d( at least against 2 fbs) at least in many cases

I don't really see how staff can be good against fbs when they're constantly spamming blocks and none of staffs attacks are unblockable. Besides the double staff bunker build was already nerfed, rightfully. Staff thief hasn't been much more than a gimmick since HoT launch anyway.

If you haven’t noticed swipe is unblockable and stuns at best they block 1 strike of weakening charge which this would still do 12k to making it the best for plussing fbs in the meta rn. Also staff bunker nerf has absolutely nothing to do with this omegalul> @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Lmao more staff DD whining?just give it up already, not even close to op anymore. I wish people would stop whining everytime they have issues against a build, gets tiring

If you think this isn’t strong then your deadly wrong. This is kind of like that that core mantra Mesmer but x3 as viable becuz it actually farms FB due to consistent stun and unblockable damage. It also has Shortbow making it mobile for decapping in addition to countering firebrand making absolutely broken in most at matches

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:theres a lot of broken kitten like this, its not even the build. until anet nerfs all the stacking +dmg mods, ez 25 might, and/ or maybe even nerf might in pvp/ wvw, this stuff will always pop up.

I mean yeah and thief build with 25 might can swipe into ok damage the thing is this is the basic combo it’s not even with full might or conditions on the opponent. Bound to close distance, 1 dust strike and then swipe into staff 2. This is basically get near someone and do instant swipe with staff 2 for 18k unblockable that stuns, btw not even zerkers. It’s absolutely insane after this u just spam dodges to cleave and go decap it’s just busted how simple and quick it is.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:theres a lot of broken kitten like this, its not even the build. until anet nerfs all the stacking +dmg mods, ez 25 might, and/ or maybe even nerf might in pvp/ wvw, this stuff will always pop up.

I mean yeah and thief build with 25 might can swipe into ok damage the thing is this is the basic combo it’s not even with full might or conditions on the opponent. Bound to close distance, 1 dust strike and then swipe into staff 2. This is basically get near someone and do instant swipe with staff 2 for 18k unblockable that stuns, btw not even zerkers. It’s absolutely insane after this u just spam dodges to cleave and go decap it’s just busted how simple and quick it is.

Swipe don't stun

Also, you weakened them and dust striked them and bounded before you did this combo. (+7% damage, +5%, +10%), so it wasn't just steal and spin to win, there were other things that happend and we can see it in the screen shot.

Where are all the staff thief at?

Play this broke build then.

DO IT.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Swipe don't stun

Also, you weakened them and dust striked them and bounded before you did this combo. (+7% damage, +5%, +10%), so it wasn't just steal and spin to win, there were other things that happend and we can see it in the screen shot.

DO IT.

Do u see the picture with those traits swipe does stun. I did exactly what I said and that is the basic combo which is lol broken. I do play this in ranked and ats and it carries super hard against some of the best players na(also I’m like plat3+ usually by end of season which kind of shows that I’ve seen it work at pretty high level)

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:theres a lot of broken kitten like this, its not even the build. until anet nerfs all the stacking +dmg mods, ez 25 might, and/ or maybe even nerf might in pvp/ wvw, this stuff will always pop up.

Swipe don't stun

DO IT.

Do u see the picture with those traits swipe does stun. I did exactly what I said and that is the basic combo which is lol broken. I do play this in ranked and ats and it carries super hard against some of the best players na(also I’m like plat3+ usually by end of season which kind of shows that I’ve seen it work at pretty high level)

I'll admit, it's been about a week since I have played thief, so uh, what trait causes swipe to "STUN".

My recollection of thief's access to stun is basilisk (stone, which functions as stun), and pistol whip.

edit: and palm strike, assuming you got a successful fist flurry off, not gonna even count the random npc or pet bone crack stolen item lol

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:theres a lot of broken kitten like this, its not even the build. until anet nerfs all the stacking +dmg mods, ez 25 might, and/ or maybe even nerf might in pvp/ wvw, this stuff will always pop up.

Swipe don't stun

DO IT.

I'll admit, it's been about a week since I have played thief, so uh, what trait causes swipe to "STUN".

My recollection of thief's access to stun is basilisk (stone, which functions as stun), and pistol whip.

edit: and palm strike, assuming you got a successful fist flurry off, not gonna even count the random npc or pet bone crack stolen item lol

The trait sleight of hand and coupled with bountiful thief is 100% chance to stun.Edit: ok it’s a daze technically but this use is for interrupting becuz it’s instant so it does stun lock you from using skills so I’m technically not lying when I say it does interrupt fbs

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Swipe don't stun

DO IT.

And dude u don’t seem to get it that is all u do with this. U do dodges to get closer and I hit once with dust strike which I should do anyways to get rid of aegis but that is literally all u do. That was 18k staff 2 + swipe btw that’s not counting the 1 dust strike before hand that is basically press steal and spin to win. After that combo it’s ever more spin to win just spam dodges and rotate. I think I’m doing pretty good by saying it’s op becuz of just this becuz that all u do with it

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:How is this even allowed. The basic combo hits for 17633 damage in this picture and it’s not even full zerk. Now add in crazy amount of dodges that damage like vault which can be 10k and Shortbow which has good damage and gives the spec some of the best utility and mobility in the game.Here’s image:

People always have played staff and it’s more viable rn in ats than d/p s/p and s/d( at least against 2 fbs) at least in many cases

Yes the Bunker variant, nothing to do with ur shown staff example ...

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:

@"Dantheman.3589" said:How is this even allowed. The basic combo hits for 17633 damage in this picture and it’s not even full zerk. Now add in crazy amount of dodges that damage like vault which can be 10k and Shortbow which has good damage and gives the spec some of the best utility and mobility in the game.Here’s image:

i will tell you what is boring, what is boring is having to deal with the same continual repetitive unresolved problems over and over again

'It is better to tell the truth and fact the punishment than lie to face the consequences'

'You Can Not Change What You Refuse To Confront'

staff one of the best builds against fb? is this a joke? staff good in general? i mean when u play in dumpster tier i understandS/D "non viable because it doesn't do against firebrand" i mean are you playing the game at all? S/D is the one build that actually made thief playable in high tiers BECAUSE of S/D lmao

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Swipe don't stun

DO IT.

This^I gues it's better to just hit shroud button and hit spin to win, bulls charge and greatsword 2, drop a symbol and spin to win etc etc theres so many 2 button bursts in this game that rival DD staff burst with way less investment and set up but they're fine and thief who's glassier than most isnt lol why? Cuz u dont like fighting them?

@"bluri.2653" said:staff one of the best builds against fb? is this a joke? staff good in general? i mean when u play in dumpster tier i understandS/D "non viable because it doesn't do against firebrand" i mean are you playing the game at all? S/D is the one build that actually made thief playable in high tiers BECAUSE of S/D lmao

You have to consider the majority of players don't play at your level. You're the proverbial "1%" and the majority of players are in that "dumpster tier" as I assume player skill is spread in a normal distribution. I play staff DrD and I do pretty well. Not the greatest 100% awesome, but well enough that I win more often than I lose. The damage is good enough for me to brawl even against a tanky fb because I have the knowledge of when to dodge and when to strip his boons with steal. If I fought a fb on the top of the leader boards? I'd get pounded but then at that point it wouldn't matter what build I played would it.

EDIT:My point is, its a statistical fallacy to say something is or isn't good because it is or isn't played by your small group of peers.

@"bluri.2653" said:staff one of the best builds against fb? is this a joke? staff good in general? i mean when u play in dumpster tier i understandS/D "non viable because it doesn't do against firebrand" i mean are you playing the game at all? S/D is the one build that actually made thief playable in high tiers BECAUSE of S/D lmao

@Zexanima.7851 said:

You have to consider the majority of players don't play at your level. You're the proverbial "1%" and the majority of players are in that "dumpster tier" as I assume player skill is spread in a normal distribution. I play staff DrD and I do pretty well. Not the greatest 100% awesome, but well enough that I win more often than I lose. The damage is good enough for me to brawl even against a tanky fb because I have the knowledge of when to dodge and when to strip his boons with steal. If I fought a fb on the top of the leader boards? I'd get pounded but then at that point it wouldn't matter what build I played would it.

EDIT:My point is, its a statistical fallacy to say something is or isn't good because it is or isn't played by your small group of peers.

Meh he’s a good thief but from what I remember when I claimed S/D was meta he mocked me on stream then 1 week later he had to play S/D to win the mat and in ranked.But hey I’m not saying S/D is totally unviable it works not bad against 1 FB but against 2 and a necro id much rather play staff and certainly wouldnt dream of playing dp or sp if I wanted to win.Edit: Core necro has lots of tools for countering thief plus with firebrands now with block and blind sword thief cannot hit much besides sword 3 which damage is pretty sub par you are way more likely to down a firebrand immediately with staff 2 plus unblockable swipe, also since sword 3 is only thing that works you don’t have much at all for cleaving and most likely they will be rezzed also with the rework to acro u probably won’t get a second steal immediately to stun whoever’s rezzing and even if you do get it they can very likely block it. Also as far as playing in dumpster tier- I don’t believe it because I’ve played this at plat3 lvl mostly solo and against some of the best teams NA in ATs and much of the time I severely out carry players who are considered some of the better revs and thief’s in game so I’m pretty sure it’s not just garbage tier.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Meh he’s a good thief but from what I remember when I claimed S/D was meta he mocked me on stream then 1 week later he had to play S/D to win the mat and in ranked.But hey I’m not saying S/D is totally unviable it works not bad against 1 FB but against 2 and a necro id much rather play staff and certainly wouldnt dream of playing dp or sp if I wanted to win.Edit: Core necro has lots of tools for countering thief plus with firebrands now with block and blind sword thief cannot hit much besides sword 3 which damage is pretty sub par you are way more likely to down a firebrand immediately with staff 2 plus unblockable swipe, also since sword 3 is only thing that works you don’t have much at all for cleaving and most likely they will be rezzed also with the rework to acro u probably won’t get a second steal immediately to stun whoever’s rezzing and even if you do get it they can very likely block it. Also as far as playing in dumpster tier- I don’t believe it because I’ve played this at plat3 lvl mostly solo and against some of the best teams NA in ATs and much of the time I severely out carry players who are considered some of the better revs and thief’s in game so I’m pretty sure it’s not just garbage tier.

L m a o i got no words, staff is utter trash against anyone with two braincells. But enjoy playing something that is fun for you, thats all that matters. But in terms of optimal staff isnt even on the same planet as dp/sd/sp

@bluri.2653 said:

@bluri.2653 said:staff one of the best builds against fb? is this a joke? staff good in general? i mean when u play in dumpster tier i understandS/D "non viable because it doesn't do against firebrand" i mean are you playing the game at all? S/D is the one build that actually made thief playable in high tiers BECAUSE of S/D lmao

@bluri.2653 said:staff one of the best builds against fb? is this a joke? staff good in general? i mean when u play in dumpster tier i understandS/D "non viable because it doesn't do against firebrand" i mean are you playing the game at all? S/D is the one build that actually made thief playable in high tiers BECAUSE of S/D lmao

L m a o i got no words, staff is utter trash against anyone with two braincells

You might not able to play staff well against anyone with two brain cells but plenty of people seem to get fair enough results. See my original response as to why it's not as bad as you imagine it is. The pool of people who are good at countering it is much smaller than the total pool of people who you might fight with it. This is basic highschool statistics my dude. Sure, if you're always playing ranked PvP against the same handful of top tier players then it might not be useable, for you. It's not the case for the majority. Your opinions on things seem to be bias by your minority view, which is unfortunate because you're a pretty good player. ¯\(ツ)