Teleporting up the cliffs is over powered and it needs to be removed from game!

Hitman.5829

Now even the necro can teleport up cliffs! This is insane, everyone can do this stupid shit and escape fights from warrior, the melee warrior is a 2 dimensional fighter meaning that warrior can only hit on a 2-D plane while other classes can easily do damage in 3-D planes.If the warrior goes for 3-D specs (bow or rifle) then it is the most obsolete class in GW2, and even then it cannot climb cliffs and continue the battle like mesmer, thieves, elementalist, necros, guardians.

This shit is getting ridiculous at the moment.

The distance, or lack thereof, that a Scourge can port is stupidly ridiculous. How is it OP? It's certainly less powered than the Mesmer port. I was all sorts of psyched for the port until I actually tried to use it. I think it's only slightly hyperbolic to say that I can dodge roll farther than a Scourge port, lol. There's a consumable weapon you can buy at one of the heart vendors (I forget which one) that's an experimental rifle or somesuch. It's kind of like that, but without the range, and it can transport allied players as well. Really not OP, just vaguely useful in limited situations and kinda fun.Also, Scourge are very squishy. We need to be able to bounce, so being told "Hey you! Stay still so I can hit you" is actually pretty funny, lmao

@Wintermute.5408 said:Funny thing is, Scourge portal constantly kitten about "no valid path to target". So no, it can't go up the cliffs.

Nope; if you don't have a direct line of sight, you can't target it, and even if you do, it has such a limited range that it's hardly worth bothering to socket the skill.A Mes was kind enough to port me up a short ledge that I couldn't reach otherwise (had to have a Skimmer or a Springer) to reach a MP. I thought I'd pay it forward and make a port for others too, but no joy. Seriously, the ledge was maybe twice as tall as my toon, and the range was too far to put a port down.

@blambidy.3216 said:Wait a minute. You don't like the boogyman class to teleport? Duuuuude it's awesome. Think about it. Necro steals life like a soul reaper. To have a soul reaper to just teleport and eat people's life is MF genius. Players run away and boom the boogyman is there to steal life XD.

I don't do PvP, but that sounds like fun. I mostly solo, and Scourge seems more of a strictly support class. I've gotten so frustrated trying to play it that I just went back to Reaper, which I LOVE.I'm mostly frustrated with the targeting skills. My reflexes are too slow to really use them effectively and I end up squished and lamenting the loss of my GS.

That really does sound like fun. Is it anything like GW 1 Blood/Sac necro? OMG, the rush of getting down to a single HP and making enemies go sploosh at the last minute :grin:

@Hitman.5829 said:Now even the necro can teleport up cliffs! This is insane, everyone can do this stupid kitten and escape fights from warrior, the melee warrior is a 2 dimensional fighter meaning that warrior can only hit on a 2-D plane while other classes can easily do damage in 3-D planes.If the warrior goes for 3-D specs (bow or rifle) then it is the most obsolete class in GW2, and even then it cannot climb cliffs and continue the battle like mesmer, thieves, elementalist, necros, guardians.

This kitten is getting ridiculous at the moment.

you have 2x endure pain, full counter, berserker stance, shield block, gs #5, gs #3, shield 4, bulls charge. OH and then there is adrenal healing, rousing resilience, etc.I'm sorry but i completely disagree and assume this is meant for the WvW/Pvp sub forum. In wvw warrior is disgusting with the amount of chase/escape/stun/immunity to inc damage/healing/stuns/ it has whilest still being able to hit as hard as most classes on full zerk. You've got this backwards mate, warriors are OP, and should be nerfed into the floor.

@Kitty La Boom Boom.4065 said:

@blambidy.3216 said:Wait a minute. You don't like the boogyman class to teleport? Duuuuude it's awesome. Think about it. Necro steals life like a soul reaper. To have a soul reaper to just teleport and eat people's life is MF genius. Players run away and boom the boogyman is there to steal life XD.

I don't do PvP, but that sounds like fun. I mostly solo, and Scourge seems more of a strictly support class. I've gotten so frustrated trying to play it that I just went back to Reaper, which I
LOVE
.I'm mostly frustrated with the targeting skills. My reflexes are too slow to really use them effectively and I end up squished and lamenting the loss of my GS.

That really does sound like fun. Is it anything like GW 1 Blood/Sac necro? OMG, the rush of getting down to a single HP and making enemies go sploosh at the last minute :grin:

My understanding scourge is support. I don't know how effective it is compared to druid. So basically you should use scourge when your partying up. Doing raids. Or wvw. Not sure if scourge is for PvP use. But I could be wrong. But reaper is better choice in PvP. Now I will say for anyone who doesn't play PvP, you should get they butts in there and play PvP. Your missing out.

@blambidy.3216 said:

I don't do PvP, but that sounds like fun. I mostly solo, and Scourge seems more of a strictly support class. I've gotten so frustrated trying to play it that I just went back to Reaper, which I
LOVE
.I'm mostly frustrated with the targeting skills. My reflexes are too slow to really use them effectively and I end up squished and lamenting the loss of my GS.

My understanding scourge is support. I don't know how effective it is compared to druid. So basically you should use scourge when your partying up. Doing raids. Or wvw. Not sure if scourge is for PvP use. But I could be wrong. But reaper is better choice in PvP. Now I will say for anyone who doesn't play PvP, you should get they butts in there and play PvP. Your missing out.

I have played PvP it's just not my thing, in general.

@Kitty La Boom Boom.4065 said:

@blambidy.3216 said:

LOVE

I have played PvP it's just not my thing, in general.

Awe ok :'(

@VaaCrow.3076 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:Now even the necro can teleport up cliffs! This is insane, everyone can do this stupid kitten and escape fights from warrior, the melee warrior is a 2 dimensional fighter meaning that warrior can only hit on a 2-D plane while other classes can easily do damage in 3-D planes.If the warrior goes for 3-D specs (bow or rifle) then it is the most obsolete class in GW2, and even then it cannot climb cliffs and continue the battle like mesmer, thieves, elementalist, necros, guardians.

you have 2x endure pain, full counter, berserker stance, shield block, gs #5, gs #3, shield 4, bulls charge. OH and then there is adrenal healing, rousing resilience, etc.I'm sorry but i completely disagree and assume this is meant for the WvW/Pvp sub forum. In wvw warrior is disgusting with the amount of chase/escape/stun/immunity to inc damage/healing/stuns/ it has whilest still being able to hit as hard as most classes on full zerk. You've got this backwards mate, warriors are OP, and should be nerfed into the floor.

You should honestly learn to read,the "Cry about spellbreaker" thread is that way ------->

<----------- Or that way

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@VaaCrow.3076 said:

You should honestly learn to read,the "Cry about spellbreaker" thread is that way ------->

<----------- Or that way

I was merely pointing out that the warrior has got undoubtedly the strongest 2d combat ability/presence of all the classes, and as such why should they try to fight with it toe to toe there, instead of pulling it somewhere it can instead become vulnerable, like a scourge clearly did when it killed the OP.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@VaaCrow.3076 said:

<----------- Or that way

XD. I'm beginning to think people just complain to complain. There's a whole thread on soulbeast that it sucks. But when I'm playing it I'm like bro. Condi soulbeast is legit. Haven't got my warrior to spell breaker yet so I'm gonna see what people trying to say. So far warriors are still superior in battle. The things just don't ever die. Specially in pvp

Wait. So you are demanding that the warrior as a whole is at a disadvantage in the mobility department when compared to the necromancer as a whole? This is almost the opposite of reality. Given how padded the gifts granted to the warrior are as a whole, I would feel embarrassed to have made such a post.

Yes back in the day warriors could go full zerk and get away with it. Not now though. I sometimes hit a zerker stat warrior just as much as a fellow power based thief - only difference is that most thives have an avg of 16k where as most warriors have 24k. Beserker stance just gets laughed at but anything that has boon removals (once I dualed a condi rev, had a ton of torment stacks with 3 seconds of berserker stance used, then bam! He used banish enchantment and then took 20% health per tick) or can just kite it out and same goes to endura pain. Most classes now can hit very hard with out going full zerker yet a warrior still has to thanks to power cream and 4 stat armour sets. Not saying warriors are usless compared to other classes but they only seem to shine with a support/healet bot because anyone now can just kite their stances down with low effort.

@Ubi.4136 said:It's like the ruins in front of blue keep in EBG. I really never understood why they allowed thief shortbow, shadowstep or mesmer blink to just jump up on the walls. And, those are two of the classes I play most often in wvw. They have enough escape/evasion tools without the need to let them teleport up to the top of cliffs.

Exactly, they have to much evasion, stealth, and mobility that teleporting to top of cliffs is extremely over powered and unnecessary!Back in the days you could not teleport up cliffs, but apparently someone in the development department thought it was a good idea to allow it. My bet is that the developers who came up with this "brilliant" idea play thieves and mesmers.

Warriors pretty much cream anything in melee at the moment, if you're daft enough to chase him round the cliffs after he plays smart by porting up a ledge and starts freecasting it's your own fault.

The opposite (but kinda the same) thing happens to me on my thief when enemies use terrain that can't be shadowstepped onto to avoid my sword attacks, just move on and find something else to stab or bust out a ranged weapon and spike him down.

Archived