On What Class/Build do You get Angry PMed the Most on

K THEN.5162

Thankfully in gw2, all classes can be incredibly annoying whether it's ele's extreme healing, Mesmer's visual clutter, necro's condi application, thief's evades, engi's insta res, ranger's pew pew, guardian traps, Warrior resistance/endure pain and revs getting nerfed. So I'm just curious as to what builds/weapon sets piss the most people off

if not counting what is now op with PoF specz but as its annyoing since always...for me its thief even when I playing on thief Im most afraid to other thief (daredevil with dodges ofc because rest thieves dont have that mobility with dodge spam...condi thief is another thing)xD

I play mostly thief so it is kind of given but i never get any hate tells on my other classes (necro/engi), when i play them.Thieves rely on stealth and dodges - 2 most frustrating mechanics in game probably, not because they are necessary OP, but because they change combat from straight 12345 dummy rotation (which is very satisfactory for most players, everyone likes big numbers popping when you press a button) to more tactical approach (e.g. for dodges you need to time your skills, for stealth you need to play mind games -> you can't just buttonmash). Not to mention, thieves are designed to run away and avoid 1v1 encounters, which doesn't sit well with average Joe with wishes straight forward, "honorable" fight.People have reported me for hacks because i used teleport skills, i have been reported for +1 on nodes because i would help my teammate win 1v1 etc. Anet designed thieves to be annoying and dishonorable. Aaannd team also doesn't do so well with multiple thieves, so there is that as well.If you are going to play thief, get thick skin (or turn off chat).

fought a premade a long while ago. they christened me dragon-fggt & blamed me for their terrible play all game. it was hilarious, the fools never noticed how essential my druid duo partner was lol. too focused on talking smack to me in chat & dying to my traps at midpoint

farming scrubs & their whole team is satisfying enough. but when they start talking smack in chat and blaming their remedial gameplay on your class it’s just the icing on the cake. fragile egos

Not getting angry but thieves and mesmers are annoying. But that's their job. Warrior block block block, immune immune immune, 0 0 0, evade evade evade, while dealing damage, rinse and repeat, can be annoying too, but at least you see what's coming. Thieves and mesmers really is a mind game, but it's fun.

As a mediocre D/P thief myself, I’ll admit some games are harder than others. I'll get frequent tips on how I should play, like "OMG Y U NO FULLCAP FAR?" when mid is a 4v3 against us - to "OMG Y U NO DECAP?" when there's a bunker on far and everyone's just filter feeding the opponents on midpoint. But if I actually win a fight or rotate around the map, then I’m clearly cheating or playing a class that has no skill.

There are so many self-professed experts in PvP, none of whom play thief and all of whom are willing to tell you their opinions if you're on the losing side.

Thief will always be the class that gets the most hate tells because it's a class designed purely to give 0 counterplay options to the opponent while at the same time being largely untouchable. Whoever designed Daredevil and Deadeye really did not spend any time thinking about what fighting agianst those mechanics would be like.

That said while thief certainly gets the most hate, thieves also seem to be the source of the most hate. When you see someone trash talking in /say while lying dead on the ground, it's almost always a thief. Probably because thieves seem to have a perpetual superiority complex.

I mostly play thief, and I almost never resort to these kind of insults, but yeah, I definitely receive plenty of them. Yeah I just spiked you from stealth when you were at half hp, dodge it next time. I dodge the burst from enemy thieves all the time. Play smart, it's possible.

@Crinn.7864 said:Thief will always be the class that gets the most hate tells because it's a class designed purely to give 0 counterplay options to the opponent while at the same time being largely untouchable. Whoever designed Daredevil and Deadeye really did not spend any time thinking about what fighting agianst those mechanics would be like.

That said while thief certainly gets the most hate, thieves also seem to be the source of the most hate. When you see someone trash talking in /say while lying dead on the ground, it's almost always a thief. Probably because thieves seem to have a perpetual superiority complex.

well deadeye is an easy shutdown to be honest.

I get plenty of hate on thief for not carrying people hard enough and so they get mad or you get salty people from being ganked so I'm not denying they get lots of that.

HOWEVER, when I play warrior/spellbreaker I experience a whole new level of saltiness from players due to their inability to think and play at the same time causing them to die 2v1 or 3v1 to me. Is sb a bit overtuned? Yes it is but oh man I experience so much rage and hate from people who refuse to even try and adapt their style/rotations. It's wonderful really, tilted players make it easier for me to win.

I get the most angry tells when I play thief.

If we win I can angry tells from enemy team to the affect "Thief is op carry class. Play one that actually takes skill scrub."

If we lose I get angry tells from the team, "Omg why are you +1 mid when you should decal far." "Omg why decal far when you should be home". "Omg why home when you should +1 mid". "Scrub thief made us lose. L2p".

No matter how smartly you rotate, recap, and +1. If you lose it's the thief's fault. 100% of the time. Doesn't matter if the rest of the team kept trickling into mid 1 at a time to get farmed. No, it's the thief's fault.

If we win, it's because thief is an op carry class that takes zero skill.

You can't really make anyone happy on thief.

I'd say I get the second most angry tells when I play ranger. I usually play a power burst build. I often get tells "Wtf hacker?! Wth was the burst?!". And yes that was before the gazelle crap.

Thief by far.

Most hated & nerfed class in GW2 history.

The best was in a ranked game we won and the whole game my teammates were giving me shit about my play.

We ended up winning & the wonderful teammates said I was a non factor.

When the entire other team replied that I carried hard & was the only reason we won it was VERY satisfying reading their silence ^^

At the end of match , I looked at the result = My deadeye did only 10% of team damage

How did this happen?

Deadeye has quick burst damage

but

Deadeye cannot do damage constantly

D/P Daredevil has 90% of damage on autoattacks which has no cooldowns and has no initiative cost

but

Deadeye must spend initiatives to do damage and initiatives are limited

which means Deadeye cannot do damage constantly

Deadeye has long range ?

D/P Daredevil has long range also (for example : headshot)

Deadeye is fun to play

but

D/P Daredevil is still better than Deadeye

Solution = nerf Rifle 2345 and buff Rifle 1

Move Deadeye's damage to autoatttacks so that Deadeye can do damage constantly

I get messaged on my ranger because it introduces that little bit of stealth gameplay...and I don't think people often expect the burst ranger is capable of....Soulbeast has made whispers even more common.

Sometimes they are angry, but not toxic. I've had a couple "WTF BUILD IS THAT?!" whispers recently. I'm happy to share.

@Crinn.7864 said:

You make a few assumptions but as a thief secondary you are quite right about this.

People have been complaining about spellbreaker, as expected, since PoF landed. Pre season, post seasons, i've always made "superfans".Give a good Warrior main a tool, and he'll make mincemeat out of people. That's his nature.

Sadly, this season has just been a predictable shitshow. Having an expansion land in the middle of a season means having an evolving meta every week. The first obvious killer bug was the infamous stealth "glitch" that allowed Deadeyes to do those 15K snipes from stealth. Once that was patched out, the word was out on scourges, all the "Teef" rerolled, and things just became more retarded than the invincible turret era. And let's not talk about all those war tourists neither. I despise all those opportunists.

Archived