Staff damage >>>> Sword — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Staff damage >>>> Sword

Title

Staff auto attack chain will now do more damage than the damage based weapon in PVP in the upcoming update.

You guys have catered the game so severely to people that are not good at the game that the logistics behind the game play are no longer cohesive.

The weapon aimed to do damage will now have less damage than the weapon not aimed to do damage? OK

I'll wait to see how this plays out but well ... I'm betting on it to be a bad move. shrug

I'll reserve the bad mouthing until after the patch drops.

Comments

• Barnesy.5839Barnesy.5839 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2, 2020

Both the staff and the sword were nerfed by 33%. All weapons from all classes were nerfed by 33%.

See for yourself:
    Staff: (0.433 + 0.5 + 0.666) / (0.65+0.75+1.0) = 0.666
    Sword: (0.4 + 0.466 + 0.6 + 0.145) / (0.6 + 0.7 + 0.9 + 0.2175) = 0.666

The weapons are the exact same as before this patch. The only difference is everything has been nerfed by 33.3%.

• ArthurDent.9538ArthurDent.9538 Member ✭✭✭✭

Staff auto chain takes 2.2 seconds to complete while sword auto chain takes 2.05 so sword does come out slightly ahead in regards to coefficient/second but it is very close. Sword does stack vuln a bit, gains a bit more damage on rift slash while cleaving, and will presumably have better synergy with the trait that gives 5% extra damage per weapon equipped, however staff also has slightly higher average weapon strength being a 2 hander keeping the gap pretty close.

• Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020

@JayAction.9056 said:

I'll reserve the bad mouthing until after the patch drops.

@JayAction.9056 said:

Staff auto attack chain will now do more damage than the damage based weapon in PVP in the upcoming update.

You guys have catered the game so severely to people that are not good at the game that the logistics behind the game play are no longer cohesive.

The weapon aimed to do damage will now have less damage than the weapon not aimed to do damage? OK

I'll wait to see how this plays out but well ... I'm betting on it to be a bad move. shrug

?????????Isn't this already badmouthing?????????????

But no.

Staff remains slower than Sword, and when it comes to where Autos will matter in a competitive setting, Sword will be used to cleave faster.

Not to mention new buffs which will increase damage for each weapon equipped, making 2 swords equipped do more damage than just 1 staff equipped.

And we are also getting a new Precision Strike which will do more damage on Isolated targets, making it good for cleaving too.

If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.