After the death of Fire/Water Weaver in SPvP (see balance patch) what Ele build you will?

Wayne.6253

Depends. I think we will see alot more rifle warriors, lbs rangers, thieves, shatter mesmer. Focus is gonna be used for projectile denial if that's the case.

FA scepter burst takes a big hit so I dont think you will see it much

I honestly think tempest builds will make a comeback and fire weaver will still be a decent 1v1er.

Most fights will be about out sustaining the enemy so if your build cant do that it prob won't be good

That's why I shifted from the meta early and am trying D/D or D/F Weaver now.

It's actually pretty good as a melee fighter, can be played Lightning Rod, can be played hybrid, can be played Celestial.

Mixing Unravel into yur gameplay is gonna take some getting used to but Unravel is actually a pretty strong skill.

Yu can use Unravel to even soft reset all yur current Attunement skills, so if yu needed to Projectile hate very badly, yu could cast Stone 2 and Unravel and cast Stone 2 again.

I'm sure there are very skilled D/D D/F players out there who can expand on this.

@Yasai.3549 said:That's why I shifted from the meta early and am trying D/D or D/F Weaver now.

It's actually pretty good as a melee fighter, can be played Lightning Rod, can be played hybrid, can be played Celestial.

Mixing Unravel into yur gameplay is gonna take some getting used to but Unravel is actually a pretty strong skill.

Yu can use Unravel to even soft reset all yur current Attunement skills, so if yu needed to Projectile hate very badly, yu could cast Stone 2 and Unravel and cast Stone 2 again.

I'm sure there are very skilled D/D D/F players out there who can expand on this.

could you show me your build?

@Wayne.6253 said:

Celestial in both PvP and WvW, but for WvW the weapons are Marauder stats instead.

Both uses Scrapper Runes.

Arcane : 3 2 1Water : 1 2 1Weaver : 1 3 1

Slotted Utilities :

Signet of Healing (duh)Twist of FateUnravelArmor of Earth/ Lightning Flash/ Primordial Stance (this is my flex slot)Weave Self.

@Yasai.3549 said:

Celestial in both PvP and WvW, but for WvW the weapons are Marauder stats instead.

Both uses Scrapper Runes.

Arcane : 3 2 1Water : 1 2 1Weaver : 1 3 1

Slotted Utilities :

Signet of Healing (duh)Twist of FateUnravelArmor of Earth/ Lightning Flash/ Primordial Stance (this is my flex slot)Weave Self.

thanks! i will try it!

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Depends. I think we will see alot more rifle warriors, lbs rangers, thieves, shatter mesmer. Focus is gonna be used for projectile denial if that's the case.

FA scepter burst takes a big hit so I dont think you will see it much

I honestly think tempest builds will make a comeback and fire weaver will still be a decent 1v1er.

Most fights will be about out sustaining the enemy so if your build cant do that it prob won't be good

FA scepter isnt even bad, damage wise. Air attunement proc does 8 vuln instead of 1, which is big. None of the duals got changed (beam + earth/fire ones are pretty strong). The rest of the damage nerfs werent even bad compared to other classes.

Major nerfs are on defense which was never even good to begin with (arcane shield, twist of fate, passive procs). Flash having 5 sec less cooldown while every other class got its movement cooldowns increased can make a big difference, especially since you have a lot of superspeed.

Considering that shield/immob got nerfed, as well as dmg nerfs in water I wouldnt be surprised if we see different variations of this build when it comes to 3rd spec. Fire can provide some easy cleanse+blind (as well as cooldown on fire aura which is good for might), water is there for sustain, cleanses and some damage (or even less cd on flash), while arcane gives a bit of everything (which isnt that great after patch due to shield, protection and immobilize nerfs). I wouldnt be surprised with earth as well since earth signet is pretty good immob and toughness (scepter 2 + signet permanently and bonus when attuned to earth) will have higher value after patch vs power builds since they wont oneshot you like they do now (adept traits have almost no use though).

@"Wayne.6253" said:As the title suggest, seems that ANET hates Weaver user... the nerf will be heavier than the other classes.We will all be forced to play the thief? Or do you think that an Ele build will be available at least in the barely playable category?

Used to be main teef before Weaver age. Letme explain you by simple meme:qjDBCdR.jpg

@"Wayne.6253" said:As the title suggest, seems that ANET hates Weaver user... the nerf will be heavier than the other classes.We will all be forced to play the thief? Or do you think that an Ele build will be available at least in the barely playable category?

I really can't say. It's too much to process between the changes to weaver and the changes to everything else. But I really hope fire weaver remains an effective build. It feels much more "ele" to me than other builds I've played and I am really having fun with it.

@Wayne.6253 said:looking better the patch, i think that condi fire weaver will be stronger, i m curious to see it.

I think the only prediction I could make regarding weaver is that the drastic cooldown increases on sword skills are likely to result in a lot of skills being on cooldown at once. I have no idea whether weaver will be strong or weak compared to other classes, but if I'm right about this weaver is just going to feel awful to play.

Rotating attunements is fun and part of what we love about weaver, right? How much fun is it going to be when you're just rotating into auto attacks because everything is on cooldown for 18 seconds instead of 10? Yeah, I know. Spam gameplay. But that's how weaver works. You have more skills to use, but the tradeoff is that some of them are not accessible within a single swap. You can't just roll your face across the keyboard and win. You have to use those skills intelligently. But given the extra hoops you have to jump through to access those skills, I think these cooldowns are way too much.

as weaver I stay mostry in fire (prim.) and hearth (sec.) because the damage comes from burning stacks (spell 1 and 2 ) and primordial stance, I switch in water (and then erth) when my health starts to go down and air for the mobility. I never used spell 2 of water more than 1 time in the rotation and the rotation takes at least 20 secs. For stab, I prefer barrier because i enter in combat with primordial stance end stone resonance (it will have stab) and so i prefer barrier (that will be the substitute of stab) , because 1 stab of these stance is always wasted. The only little problem is the cd of twist of fate, i need to see if it will be still worth or I must switch to another spell.In my opinion this patch could be more favorable for my gamestyle :)

@Wayne.6253 said:as weaver I stay mostry in fire (prim.) and hearth (sec.) because the damage comes from burning stacks (spell 1 and 2 ) and primordial stance, I switch in water (and then erth) when my health starts to go down and air for the mobility. I never used spell 2 of water more than 1 time in the rotation and the rotation takes at least 20 secs. For stab, I prefer barrier because i enter in combat with primordial stance end stone resonance (it will have stab) and so i prefer barrier (that will be the substitute of stab) , because 1 stab of these stance is always wasted. The only little problem is the cd of twist of fate, i need to see if it will be still worth or I must switch to another spell.In my opinion this patch could be more favorable for my gamestyle :)

so in short you are wasting damage because you never use Pyro_Vortex ?

it's a good build?

Right now only viable in unranked. Too many 1 shot meme builds in ranked. After the patch it could find it's way into ranked. Its easy to get 25 might stacks since most if your might is from blasting fire fields and using cantrips. Depending on how the meta shifts you could swap out Poweroverwelming for Smothering auras. This is the best core d/d build I've played.