Build Templates Were Free in GW1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@witcher.3197 said:

@Emberstone.2904The reason it was free in gw1 was because it came from predevelopment. It wasn't a later addition

Weren't templates added with the 2nd expansion? 2006 or something.

Anyways unfortunately the two games have drastically different monetization.

GW1 sold content, features were free and skins were earned as rewards.

GW2 sells everything
but
content, including skins and features.

That I don't really remember. My point is more, it was made during development, and therefore it's accounted for in the base product that you buy.

Well, made for Nightfall maybe, but the feature was 100% free for anyone who ever owned any of the game versions.

It was. Because it was developed with development costs, not with update/maintenance costs.

@"susana.7814" said:gotta milk the last vestiges of the hardcore scene before they leave when the realize no more hard content is coming and the entire game going forward will be faceroll.

Going forward?

I've raided with my guild, we do "as close to meta as we already have in stock" and it just takes a little more time but is still totally doable.

A bigger bag of HP is not difficulty.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@PervMonk.4891 said:people are getting perma ban for using arc now

For using a modified template DLL to re-enable templates. I've been using ArcDPS without any issues.

Apparently it's also people who haven't updated Arc DPS for awhile too.

I haven't updated mine since Oct 1st and I'm still fineSo are some people with modified dll, it seems. Perhaps Anet just didn't get to everyone yet.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@PervMonk.4891 said:people are getting perma ban for using arc now

For using a modified template DLL to re-enable templates. I've been using ArcDPS without any issues.

Apparently it's also people who haven't updated Arc DPS for awhile too.

I haven't updated mine since Oct 1st and I'm still fineSo are some people with modified dll, it seems. Perhaps Anet just didn't get to everyone yet.

Or perhaps that’s not even the reason people were banned.

@Taygus.4571 said:

@ListenToMe.5130 said:cguys. the game is free to play.it's not sub-based.it's a business.i will happily swipe my credit card for templates.not interested in using additional software and copying and pasting stuff.

yeah but how many builds do you have?

The people complaining have 15+ builds..some have 30.

@400 gems for gear and 400gems for traits...not counting needimg to buy character slots too.The person with 30 builds will have to spend4+4+4+4+4= 20 x400gems3+3+3+3+3= 15 x400gems€175 ...thats really not acceptable.

(Btw, I'm someone who's happy to anets build templates, I just understand why people are upset.)

i get you. maybe they should have a package to unlock all.i hope it's not per character... is it?i would only have max 6 per character.

@ListenToMe.5130 said:

@ListenToMe.5130 said:cguys. the game is free to play.it's not sub-based.it's a business.i will happily swipe my credit card for templates.not interested in using additional software and copying and pasting stuff.

yeah but how many builds do you have?

The people complaining have 15+ builds..some have 30.

@400 gems for gear and 400gems for traits...not counting needimg to buy character slots too.The person with 30 builds will have to spend4+4+4+4+4= 20 x400gems3+3+3+3+3= 15 x400gems€175 ...thats really not acceptable.

(Btw, I'm someone who's happy to anets build templates, I just understand why people are upset.)

i get you. maybe they should have a package to unlock all.i hope it's not per character... is it?i would only have max 6 per character.Yes, the person with 30 builds would need to have 5 characters of the same class. The cost of unlock per character would be at least 7x400=2800 gems ($35/€35). So, you can get a single character unlocked at the low cost of
a whole expansion

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:Well, of course, both of you didn't care for the template system from the very beginning.

Speak for yourself. I am excited for this feature. I don't use add-ons so stuff like this is a plus to me.

+1, at 400 gems/175 gold, i will probably buy a pack once every couple months for free, while i play the game sub free etc etc. Its actually quite nice to have something in the shop that i really want, its been a while.

@ListenToMe.5130 said:guys. the game is free to play.it's not sub-based.it's a business.i will happily swipe my credit card for templates.not interested in using additional software and copying and pasting stuff.

That's the choice anet made. They can develop expansions or they can choose to exploit useful idiots who slip right along their slope to the chagrin of the rest of us.