Whining threads do nothing...stop playing ele if you want changes

Arheundel.6451

Look...no amount of whine threads will ever change the fundamental problems of the class : a glass cannon with no actual cannon forced at melee range with healing burst as its only form of sustain , you lot can keep circling aroud this idea all you want but that's what you're playing now.

This company balance this game using numbers and statistics nothing else, numbers is all you got to work with if you want to get your point across the board. The options are limited :

A ) Change main and forget this class even exist, delete it from your characters listB ) Play it and shut up!

Whine threads do nothing, no dev reads or respond to them..all they do is provide a platform for trolls to perform on, they come here because they enjoy seeing your frustration ..and frustration is not what you're supposed to feel when playing a videogame, nobody pays you to a play a videogame so why the hell would you get frustrated about it?.

GW2 ele design is hot garbage period. Light armor class -lowest HP -melee range - no blocks/stealth....the numbers do not add up...it's shit design..period, it works only as healing bunker from time to time with huge periods of nothing due to being overlynerfed on that same aspect of bunkering...imposed on the playerbase by their own lack of understanding .

You all should have known that sword weaver would have been curb stomped by nerfs soon or later, that's all they do with ele everytime he becomes somehow playable at high levels, again your options are limited now : stop the whining threads and keep playing your healbot with some condi dmg or change main and save yourself the frustration.

@Junkpile.7439 said:Noo can't win 5 vs 1 fights anymore. 4 vs 1 is probably doable eyes closed.

Do you think a player doing this supposed 5vs1 on an ele can't do the same on another class?.....trash players will be trash regardless of the opposition, if those 5 can't kill an ele is because they're trash and they will continue to be so because their dmg/sustain will be nerfed just as much...end result is the patch won't change anything for trash players.

Ele will be much worst at high level...no change will occur at low levels where all the complaints come from in the first place, if anything at that level even more options will become viable ...the 5vs1 won't go away

@steki.1478 said:

@"Waisenpai.6028" said:everyone just has to be more careful vs condi/tank healing builds.

Which is pretty much the only
viable
weaver's pvp build, so why are people making a huge deal out of it?

Because you will be way more vulnerable to cc lock and boon corrupt, you couldn't secure a stomp anymore ; less less stab, less ToF, arcaneshield 300sec, ritpide 18sec, base barrier and healing nerfed. They even nerf Aquatic Stance which is already the worst healing skill of the game.Because of the nerfs of runes of sanctuary and balthazar and also burning precision, primordial stance, GoEP, pyrovortex 15sec, obsidian flesh (okai it's "legit")..The fireweaver won't be viable anymore without change of the utility skills for 3 breakstun and disengageI'm okai to nerf fireweaver on GoET, primordial stance or sunspot to be less bursty and need a better reading of the fight; but it's like they don't understand the struggle to play elementalist, the piano, the healing power/vitality grave we are burried in since 2012.Not all classes will struggle more than weaver after patch. I don't see the same nerfs on CD on warrior's disengage skills nor stab, or thief disengage skills, guard stab, aegis, condi cover...Except chrono who is 100% dead, may be mirage in pvp (In WvW with food, sigil, perma vigor ... endurance is already 75% full after the end of mirage cloak)

TOF and bolstered elements nerfs will hurt like kitten in Pvp. Ele is already a tough class to fight in melee but now the patch is making that nearly impossible. Stab duration should have been reduced, not completely taken away.

Plus obsidian flesh nerf and lower vitality from amulets. At this point, why even give Ele a sword or main hand Dagger? So many defenses are getting scraped. Even armor of earth is getting a longer Cooldown.

Let's hope the next expansion, if we every get one, gives us a viable range option. Cough cough, longbow! Cough cough

@Stallic.2397 said:TOF and bolstered elements nerfs will hurt like kitten in Pvp. Ele is already a tough class to fight in melee but now the patch is making that nearly impossible. Stab duration should have been reduced, not completely taken away.

Plus obsidian flesh nerf and lower vitality from amulets. At this point, why even give Ele a sword or main hand Dagger? So many defenses are getting scraped. Even armor of earth is getting a longer Cooldown.

Let's hope the next expansion, if we every get one, gives us a viable range option. Cough cough, longbow! Cough cough

It's hard to say. I mean, obviously if nothing else changed in the meta, then losing all that stability would be a death sentence. But if damage is severely reduced, does that not also take away the biggest threat that weaver currently faces (power burst)? I mean, yeah there are a few boon corrupt builds that are really dangerous, too. But mostly I find the big threats are power burst builds like d/p thief and core warrior. Don't you?

Also, while weaver is more complex to play than other classes, I wouldn't say it's at a disadvantage in the current meta. I'm not saying I'm a PvP expert, but I do play at least a little bit pretty much every day lately. I feel very strong playing fire weaver. Are you really struggling with sword weaver in PvP right now? I can't imagine it's anything less than an above average performing build right now. Am I crazy?

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

@"Waisenpai.6028" said:everyone just has to be more careful vs condi/tank healing builds.

Which is pretty much the only
viable
weaver's pvp build, so why are people making a huge deal out of it?

Because you will be way more vulnerable to cc lock and boon corrupt, you couldn't secure a stomp anymore ; less less stab, less ToF, arcaneshield 300sec, ritpide 18sec, base barrier and healing nerfed. They even nerf Aquatic Stance which is already the worst healing skill of the game.Because of the nerfs of runes of sanctuary and balthazar and also burning precision, primordial stance, GoEP, pyrovortex 15sec, obsidian flesh (okai it's "legit")..The fireweaver won't be viable anymore without change of the utility skills for 3 breakstun and disengageI'm okai to nerf fireweaver on GoET, primordial stance or sunspot to be less bursty and need a better reading of the fight; but it's like they don't understand the struggle to play elementalist, the piano, the healing power/vitality grave we are burried in since 2012.Not all classes will struggle more than weaver after patch. I don't see the same nerfs on CD on warrior's disengage skills nor stab, or thief disengage skills, guard stab, aegis, condi cover...Except chrono who is 100% dead, may be mirage in pvp (In WvW with food, sigil, perma vigor ... endurance is already 75% full after the end of mirage cloak)

CC skills do no damage anymore and they have bigger cooldowns, on other classes. You're as vulnerable to boon corrupt as always, nothing really changed about that. You have some stab on weapon skills as well as stone resonance for stomping. Passive arcane shield wasnt even a part of fire weaver since boon trait had much better value. Sustain got nerfed on every single class, and all of them have lower mobility due to cooldown nerfs, including warrior's leaps, stuns/knockdowns, full defense specialization AND passive traits which were like majority of its defense.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@Stallic.2397 said:TOF and bolstered elements nerfs will hurt like kitten in Pvp. Ele is already a tough class to fight in melee but now the patch is making that nearly impossible. Stab duration should have been reduced, not completely taken away.

It's hard to say. I mean, obviously if nothing else changed in the meta, then losing all that stability would be a death sentence. But if damage is severely reduced, does that not also take away the biggest threat that weaver currently faces (power burst)? I mean, yeah there are a few boon corrupt builds that are really dangerous, too. But mostly I find the big threats are power burst builds like d/p thief and core warrior. Don't you?

Also, while weaver is more complex to play than other classes, I wouldn't say it's at a disadvantage in the current meta. I'm not saying I'm a PvP expert, but I do play at least a little bit pretty much every day lately. I feel very strong playing fire weaver. Are you really struggling with sword weaver in PvP right now? I can't imagine it's anything less than an above average performing build right now. Am I crazy?

Biggest threats were condi (mirage/necro) but now mirage is getting endurance nerf and condi amulets are getting removed. And power (thief/warrior/unlimited boon holo's) which are now getting boon and power nerfs. It depends on how everything plays out in next patch to really determine the impact of Ele's nerfs.

CC's got damage nerfs, but they still exist, now without little stability across many classes. There's gonna be horrendous CC chains. Which of course, in a team fight, spells doom for an Ele because all you need is one enemy CC'ing and then the other bursting. Currently, Ele's survive that by stab and evades. Which now, are getting nerfs.

I play more dagger than sword. But just by looking and not playing this future patch, range Ele's seem to have better advantages than melee because defense wasn't used on those builds as heavily.

Arcane shield, depends of your team, if you soloQ or roam alone, as Burning rage over the aura trait.If you play stone resonance it means no ToF, less mobility, less dodge, or no GoEP, no BS, no condi pressure, or no primordial stance, no condi cover, no condi pressure.Warrior : 5sec on #4 shield, no increased duration on GS skill; 60sec (+50%) CD on defense stance (still, it's a BS and pulse stab, and 6sec stab) and signet of dolyak (BS, 10stack 6sec stab) etc etc, .... Sure it's worth +85% on ToF CD,+50% on riptide; , 3sec 1 stack of stab on stone resonance (not a BS, 50sec cd )Obviously all classes are impacted, but sorry the heavy armors, reaper, ranger will still be alright compared to elem/weaver, chrono, thief ... Mostly when it'll become a turn-based game between bunkers/armored classes.

• 4 weeks later...

@Waisenpai.6028 said:How about now... entire power tree or sustain is nerfed in wvw you real feel the noodle. I'm spvp is the same. Can we complain now. Good luck fighting a condi mirage now in wvw let alone fight t1 condi zergs lol.

Sadly there are still few try hard who play ele so the message will never get across...the best shot at good changes would be if nobody plays ele anymore at this point...but alas, the try hard with their burning heal bot are here to stay

@"Yasai.3549" said:The only thing about Weaver that was nerfed this patch was Fresh Air.Fresh Air was the only build that heavily abuses power burst and ToF, as well as Final Shielding and Obsidian flesh.

And I'm glad for it :D

Sorry to break your bubble but...they nerfed everything on weaver that allowed to kill people ...

...they removed the passive toughness minor when switching to earth ( while the same concept has been left for guardians and warrior ..biased devs)....they nerfed fire traitline by reducing to 1 Burning rage spike.....they increased CD of riptide ( while decreasing healing ) and earthen vortex...they nerfed dmg on flame uprising the only "hard hitting" skill on the whole sword...they nerfed lava skin dmg....they nerfed primordal stance dmg...they nerfed Twist of fast by increasing the CD tenfold.....and they nerfed every damn thing on this class that allowed you to kill anything outside silver/bronze heroes

even on other class like warrior it got gutted every cc hjammer skils even if glass will hit only 10 damage ponts instead of like 2 or 3k the game is so dumb now. You can CC condi healing tanks you die 10-20 seconds. Warrior axe skills do 55% less damage to 65% less to no 10 damage only. This nerf was just stupid like Air CC does only 10 damage on staff. 10 damage and a soft stun is nothing. Lightning rod build is dead. Any cc is dead. This game breaking. If you are on t1 wvw the BG and FA instantly became purely condi zergs. With barrier spams. No melee can break a barrier at all for attack that hit only 800 damage or 1.8k as a spike. With protection all damage is negate. Who ever did this need to do a full roll back is this even done by a Anet team or NCsoft just jump in to kill the game.