Bear Warclaw Skin

Randulf.7614

To me, the BearClaw skin looks off. I agree with the comment that says it looks werewolf-ish. And the quality is not up to what I would consider the 2000 gem threshold. Not as bad(IMO) as the Zombunny skin, but still I think they need to hold to a higher standard of quality if they want to ship 2000 gem skins a significant number of players will buy. 'Cuz the whole point is to make enough money for a net profit over what it took to design/implement/ship the product.

@"AgentMoore.9453" said:Looks more like a Warg to me, but hey: It's a nice addition for fans of The Golden Compass.

Still, can't help but wonder why they keep inventing new creatures as mounts without first providing mounted versions of things that already exist and are wanted, like the fern/thorn wolves, Moa, and other core Tyrian critters. Gimme the basic beasties.

You say warg.

I say snow beast.

Or arguably an overgrown Arctodus.

• Like 1

@Elden Arnaas.4870 said:To me, the BearClaw skin looks off. I agree with the comment that says it looks werewolf-ish. And the quality is not up to what I would consider the 2000 gem threshold. Not as bad(IMO) as the Zombunny skin, but still I think they need to hold to a higher standard of quality if they want to ship 2000 gem skins a significant number of players will buy. 'Cuz the whole point is to make enough money for a net profit over what it took to design/implement/ship the product.

Not to be negative Nancy on this topic, but I 100% agree with your post. Tbh lately it just feels like the effort put into things like skins is just pitiful. I felt it kinda started when the Primal Warden outfit was released. It looked like a mismatch of currently existing armor to me and the textures were just... not good. Then there was the recolored verdant weapons last Wintersday (although I heard players liked those which is also 100% okay) and then the Lunar Rat year weapons. I really started to worry about the game however when they released the horse griffon. I keep hearing things that the game isn't doing so well and I brushed those comments off because ,well , I grew up playing Guild Wars and the franchise has helped me through my problems when I was younger. It's a beautiful franchise. The best there's ever been for me. But ever since they released that...thing... I just want to remain positive.

Sorry getting a little too deep and far from the topic but I think the skin doesn't deserve the 2000 gem price tag. The fur looks low quality imo and it kinda looks weird with the face. Like its a ball of fuzz with a rubber Halloween mask on it. I still kinda like it tho. Definitely a step up from the last 2k skin. But not for 2k. And one of the screenshots showed it standing up and thats actually pretty darn cool.

(You mentioned you didn't like the Infernal springer skin, but I actually really like that one lol. In the end to each their own and people do what they want with their money. Just something that has been pent-up in me for a while now. And I apologize to the people who liked the horse! Power to ya!)

RE: the Zombunny skin - To me this is two issues. It does not match my taste - which is an issue only to me. And the textures and general appearance seem to be of a low quality. Once again my own judgement - but if the style suited my taste, I still wouldn't buy it because I think the level of quality is not acceptable. And this is by far the bigger problem, I think. ANet will always lose some sales because this or that thing does appeal to every players individual taste. But I think lack of quality is a broader, more general judgement which could cause them to lose more sales than something not appealing to each individual's taste.

The Pega-ERMAGERD! skin is a somewhat different issue,(to me) as all the individual parts look well made. - as closely as I've dared to look at it (IMO)It becomes a horrible train wreck when you put them together. Quality individual parts don't ensure a quality end product. IMO the parts should belong and fit together or at least contrast in a pleasing or interesting way. To me the Pega-ERMAGERD! skin fails at this. Spectacularly.

Was excited for this skin but seeing in in action im very disappointed. Why on earth does it have a tail? Bears dont have a tail. They have hidden the tail on other much cheaper skins for springer so I have no idea why they cant do the same for a 2k gem skin. Its snout shape is also off for a bear, making it look more like a fuzzy wolf.

All in all I prefer the 200g guild leopard.

I first thought bear too until I saw that tail..

To me it looks like some hybrid between a Bear and a large Dire Wolf or something.

Looking at the Guildrider skin though it appears to be very similar in deisgn to the Outrider Warclaw skin.. albiet with a few new armour pieces, fur pattern and of course the guild emblem.Tbh I am actually very happy about this as I currently use the Outrider skin on my main Ranger whom I enjoy colour matching some of my mounts (and gliders) with the Rangers Gold, Silver and Blue Ornate Guild Armour which I have used on that character for multiple years now.

If the dye channels are the same and the dyes look the same on this new Guildrider skin then I will be extremely happy with it and chances are I will make this skin a permanent one on this character.Suffice to say despite my lack of interest in WvW and general lack of in game wealth I have spent the 200G required to unlock the warclaw track (which I had to raid my mats again to obtain) and will be playing WvW daily until I can unlock this new skin ^^You got me playing WvW again Anet.. and all it took was an earnable guild themed mount skin XD sneaky.

This is a lovely mount skin that makes me wish the warclaw had more of a utility in PvE so I could also make use of it there.

It also makes me wonder how much the decision to keep the warclaw relatively immobile in PvE affects Anet's return of investment on warclaw skins and their bottom line.

• 3 years later...