The Warclaw needs to be fixed

Beorne.9248

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:

1. Its slower than running on foot up stairs in DBL, dodging while going up stairs will also often totally stop your movement and the smallest defect in the ground will get you stuck on it, however trying to turn around on a wall and it will run right over the edge and fall out?!?!

I'm just curious about this complaint that warclaw is slower going up stairs than running on foot. I understand that unlike our characters running around, mounts are affected by elevation changes, impacting their speed when having to move up an incline like those stairs. I found that spamming jump (with conditional mount control disabled) while going up an incline reduces this effect allowing the mount to move faster. Is it still slower even doing this?

@DaFishBob.6518 said:

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:
  1. Its slower than running on foot up stairs in DBL, dodging while going up stairs will also often totally stop your movement and the smallest defect in the ground will get you stuck on it, however trying to turn around on a wall and it will run right over the edge and fall out?!?!

I'm just curious about this complaint that warclaw is slower going up stairs than running on foot. I understand that unlike our characters running around, mounts are affected by elevation changes, impacting their speed when having to move up an incline like those stairs. I found that spamming jump (with conditional mount control disabled) while going up an incline reduces this effect allowing the mount to move faster. Is it still slower even doing this?

Yes, still slower, even without warclaw buff. Another thing to note is that it's not just incline or elevation changes, but stairs. As DBL is the one with stairs, while all the other maps use ramps and have minimal issues.

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:Other things I was thinking of that need to be "fixed".

1. Position sync, you will see warclaws all over that are not there, move to them and they will disappear, move away and they will pop back. In many cases this person is probably back at their own spawn. I have also dismounted players and killed them, only to not be able to stomp, because they are actually 2,000+ units away.
  2. Dismount bugs. Some people have a falling animation when dismounted, others glitch really bad that just port all over the place. In any case, they are almost impossible to fight, you can't tell where they really are or what they are doing because animations and tells etc dont work, I can't tell you how many times this has gotten me killed.This one is also bad because you can't tell if they were jumping or dismounting (I guess the desync is also culprit here), sometimes I thought they dismounted so I got off my mount only to find out they weren't even there at all
  3. Since warclaw release for some reason people riding within range where name tags USED to show, they don't, the person has to be just about on top of you before their name tag shows unless you click on them to see if they are friendly or not. Pretty big issue for a solo roamer, being in a fight with someone already and seeing someone closing in....Are they backup? Or am I about to get 2-3vs1?This has been happening to me for the longest time now, but more importantly it happens with people who aren't mounted as well. Afaik I think it's been about few months for me now. I'd have to double check my posts but I know it's a significant amount of months. Can't tell if friend or foe until you are literally 130-300 range and it's annoying.
  4. Using #1 to dismount when jumping off a cliff etc will often result in your glider not working, and you free falling, you wont take dmg at least if you hit the ground and you can reopen the glider to have it work, but still very annoying.I used to like this when it first happened but the novelty wore off soon - I just want to glide where I want to get to and not freefall, needs fixing to how it worked before. It's just silly to drop like a rock while you are gliding.

@Beorne.9248 said:1) When you try to dismount(skill 1) it fails a majority of the time2) The dismount an enemy skill(skill 4) misses its target most of the time3) The sniff ability(skill 2) should be able to detect stealth players4)The speed nerf it got is horrible. You can literally run faster by getting the shrine buff in red blIt was good when it was first introduced but now it feels like it is almost completely useless. How bout some fixes for this ANET

1) i forgot that is even supposed to work tbh. idk if i ever used it. dismounting pre battle is often better since warkitty has like not freaking HP and bulk... it is incredibly squishy and leaves u dazed for a deathly second as well. :scream:2) thats because other dodge or out of range i fear or have nothing targetted3) agreed. that was the initial plan, but ppl cried about it... :skull: they should just make you detected them for sniffing player only, as dots on map, but not reveal - would be helpful and not broken then.4) aye... would be sweet if there was some sort of speed buff at least. current warkitty is supersneeze mode. they forgot yet that it should make any sense to own the warclaw...

it got overly nerfed and i also feel it is super lackluster now. we never wanted it, but nerfed it because of some pleby crybabies is not acceptable. it wasn't that strong. i mean it cannot even finish downed now, has no health pool, is slow, questionable useful dismounting skills overall (since getting mounted near woke enemies = danger)

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Spartacus.3192" said:Easiest fix would be to remove warclaw from wvw.....If we always took the easiest way out we would just remove WvW from GW2. No more WvW complaints, no more WvW related issues. Easy.Better yet, remove all the different classes to nip all the other discussions about "imbalance" that might crop up in the bud, WvW or no. IMO, the warclaw has been nerfed enough as it is. Just bring back mount stomp, that's about all I ask.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Spartacus.3192 said:Easiest fix would be to remove warclaw from wvw.....If we always took the easiest way out we would just remove WvW from GW2. No more WvW complaints, no more WvW related issues. Easy.

for me that would be the same as removing Gw2 from my games list tho.

spartacus was right, if we talk about very early introduction of it. if Anet listened to the players, the kitty would have been gone in 1 month after release of it. by now, it is just way too late to remove it, people are used to it existing yet.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Yes, still slower, even without warclaw buff. Another thing to note is that it's not just incline or elevation changes, but stairs. As DBL is the one with stairs, while all the other maps use ramps and have minimal issues.

Well that's lame. I wonder if it's possible to change the motion physics of the warclaw to make it ignore the effects of inclines on speed, like how players on foot can. Thinking about it, warclaw is already the most ground bound of all the mounts in the game, it could probably stand to lose the ability to jump entirely in exchange for the ability to move up inclines at an unaffected rate.

@Seryi.7936 said:

@"Spartacus.3192" said:Easiest fix would be to remove warclaw from wvw.....If we always took the easiest way out we would just remove WvW from GW2. No more WvW complaints, no more WvW related issues. Easy.Better yet, remove all the different classes to nip all the other discussions about "imbalance" that might crop up in the bud, WvW or no. IMO, the warclaw has been nerfed enough as it is. Just bring back mount stomp, that's about all I ask.

Give everyone sticks and normalize all HP to 100. Each hit does 1 damage.

Hey, HEY, why is your stick bigger? Stick mains are so dumb.

Skill 1 is buggy and needs to be fixed

Skill 2 could use a lower cooldown.

The speed is mostly fine; not everyone plays on desert BL and that buff isn't always on. Also that's the only thing that makes that BL playable.

If you think the mount is useless, feel free to run without one. Idk, I find it easier to get past 30-40 people with a mount than without. It's a special cheat known as the "dodge" key.

@"Beorne.9248" said:2) The dismount an enemy skill(skill 4) misses its target most of the time

If the dismount skill "misses most of the time" then you must be doing something awfully wrong.

3) The sniff ability(skill 2) should be able to detect stealth players

Nah, it shouldn't. It would make it a free mechanic counter for literally everyone for absolutely no cost (skill slot/build-wise). Sounds pretty stupid to me.

4)The speed nerf it got is horrible. You can literally run faster by getting the shrine buff in red bl

I disagree, not much more to say here.

It was good when it was first introduced but now it feels like it is almost completely useless. How bout some fixes for this ANET

Nope, it was too strong. And it's far from "useless" now.

• Confused 1