Do we really need stuff that is soulbound and can't be salvaged or sold to venders?

blp.3489

Do we really need stuff that is soulbound and can't be salvaged or sold to venders? I know that if you have four of them you can dump them in the mystic forge but between my characters I have a lot of soulbound items in numbers less than four that are just sitting there. Why not allow them to be sold to vendors? It's hard to bring myself to "Destroy" exotic items because I don't have four of them even though I may never have four on that particular character.

@mrcodez.6987 said:New player. When I see that I can't salvage items I move them into a different bag. Then I go to a vendor and if I also can't sell then I just drag each one off of the bags and click yes to delete. Seems odd to me to have those types of items but whatever.

Well I guess they dont want us to get the few materials from those items every time we level up another character.

@Linken.6345 said:

@mrcodez.6987 said:New player. When I see that I can't salvage items I move them into a different bag. Then I go to a vendor and if I also can't sell then I just drag each one off of the bags and click yes to delete. Seems odd to me to have those types of items but whatever.

Well I guess they dont want us to get the few materials from those items every time we level up another character.

Yeah, I assume they have their reasons behind it. Hasn't been much of an issue for me. This is my first character, I'm at level 50 now. I think I worked up around 8g from just questing and selling junk. I've been gathering but spent around 3g buying wood/leather items to craft weapons and gear and get crafting up to the same level of materials as where I'm questing now.

The items I have to delete seem to be pretty few. So far I've had all the things I need just from questing. If I had been more diligent about gathering early on I would have saved the gold but I'm guessing by end game I'm not going to care about 3g spent on mats. Crafting has also been pretty satisfying to level up and also useful.

@mrcodez.6987 said:

Yeah, I assume they have their reasons behind it. Hasn't been much of an issue for me. This is my first character, I'm at level 50 now. I think I worked up around 8g from just questing and selling junk. I've been gathering but spent around 3g buying wood/leather items to craft weapons and gear and get crafting up to the same level of materials as where I'm questing now.

The items I have to delete seem to be pretty few. So far I've had all the things I need just from questing. If I had been more diligent about gathering early on I would have saved the gold but I'm guessing by end game I'm not going to care about 3g spent on mats. Crafting has also been pretty satisfying to level up and also useful.

Its only the gear you get from the level up pop ups that are none salvage none sellable btw.

And you can use 4 of the same rarity of those in the mystic forge and maybe get 1 thing og same rarity or higher you can salvage.