Number of LFG tabs is getting ridiculous

mexay.3902

Is it just me or is LFG getting silly with the number of categories? It can make it hard to actually find content or parties.

Currently there are over 60 different categories to search through. This would be fine if they were filters or if you had some kind of system to look at multiple LFG categories at once, but you can't.

Let's say you want to go run some dungeons (RIP), you have to click through 8 different tabs. Compare this to raids or strikes and you just have 2 - LFG and LFM.

Living World and Expansion tabs are starting to look the same. 6 for LWS3, 6 for LWS4, 5 for PoF, 4 for HoT, 4 and counting for LW Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

It's become harder and harder to actually find people to play with because groups are so segmented. It'd be nice to be able to at least select the top level categories (i.e. "Path of Fire", "LWS4", "Dungeons", "Fractals", etc.).

Anyone else feel this or is it just me?

I think being able to do that would be fine for everyone who feels like you.

Anyway, I get very confused when there are many lfg tabs in the same category, so I’m fine with the current system, which is well organised and simple/intuitive.

Having the possibility to select the “top level categories” (a system that would simply show all the advertisements of the subcategories in the same tab, but only for showing/joining purposes, the individual advertisements would have to be created in the right category) would be nice and would solve the issue for people like you without having a negative impact on the experience of other people (as long as the subcategories will remain).

• Like 1

I’m thinking that the Fractal tab should remain like it is now.

Having all the advertisements showed in the same tab could be confusing for people running low tier Fractals. Right now the game makes a good job locking the subcategories of those tiers that are too high for the player (also preventing bad experiences for new players that otherwise could join the wrong group and be kicked from the party).

I do think some of them are kind of pointless - achievements and mentoring for a start. I never see anyone using those, if they want help with an achievment they put it in the section for the area it's in and mentoring is generally done through map chat.

I'm kind of torn on the dungeon one. It would be helpful for people like me to have them all in one category because I often don't mind which dungeon I do, so it would make it easier to check if anyone is looking for a group for any of them, but it would mean people really need to put up a clear description. A lot of people don't even say which path/s they're doing so I can imagine there would be a lot where you have to join the group to ask which dungeon they're going to do. But maybe people would sort that out themselves?

I don't see how blending multiple categories into one is supposed to make anything easier. When you want a group to complete x content, you look for it in x tab, not in a combined x,y,z tab and hope one of 30 squads fits your needs. I don't get what your problem is with current format, the fact that they're so "segmented" and mostly in chronological order makes it easier to find a group you need.

• Confused 1

@"Sobx.1758" said:I don't see how blending multiple categories into one is supposed to make anything easier. When you want a group to complete x content, you look for it in x tab, not in a combined x,y,z tab and hope one of 30 squads fits your needs. I don't get what your problem is with current format, the fact that they're so "segmented" and mostly in chronological order makes it easier to find a group you need.

Well if you want to look for dungeon groups why cant it be a big list like the raid one.So you can see all dungeons at once its not like raid is segmented into wing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and you have to open up each one to look for groups.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:I don't see how blending multiple categories into one is supposed to make anything easier. When you want a group to complete x content, you look for it in x tab, not in a combined x,y,z tab and hope one of 30 squads fits your needs. I don't get what your problem is with current format, the fact that they're so "segmented" and mostly in chronological order makes it easier to find a group you need.

Well if you want to look for dungeon groups why cant it be a big list like the raid one.So you can see all dungeons at once its not like raid is segmented into wing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and you have to open up each one to look for groups.

It is helpful seeing the list of Dungeons there. Many people don’t know them all and without them being mentioned in the lfg they would not know what to write. They could take the information elsewhere, but that extra step would make lower an already low population of people doing dungeons (population which is also mostly composed by new players, which need to find the informations in an intuitive way to not feel too overwhelmed).

Dungeons being divided into several categories also means less information needed to be communicated on the lfg when writing the advertisement.

The lfg, in those subcategories, also contains useful informations about the Dungeon, informations especially helpful for new players wanting to try Dungeons.

There are a lot of Dungeons, all with multiple paths.

Anyway, as suggested above, I think that being able to select the “top level categories” (the Dungeon category for example) and seeing all the advertisements (but only for showing/joining purposes) would be nice.

• Like 1

@Black Storm.6974 said:Having the possibility to select the “top level categories” (a system that would simply show all the advertisements of the subcategories in the same tab, but only for showing/joining purposes, the individual advertisements would have to be created in the right category) would be nice and would solve the issue for people like you without having a negative impact on the experience of other people (as long as the subcategories will remain).

I would appreciate this type of solution. Sometimes I want to see all the groups in one section, like looking for a PoF bounty train or active HoT meta or LSx meta.

It’d be a small convenience.