Please make raids 5 man

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:Guess i have advantage of my high IQ. Did not relised that not everyone can use google for 5 minutesApparently you haven't realized as well that that what you are talking about is a much more complex problem than you think it is.

You might be right. I dont relise that and maybe it might be harder then i think.

So for those that havent tried that open google and type in gw2 raid guild/discord and if you want add your nationality and you should find one pretty soon

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:Id rather just drop raids in favor of other forms of content that is not limited to a small percentage of the player base, raids are not difficult and I've done them frankly while being pretty id of rather gone to ALOT of these zones in a living world. Have them flushed out with maybe a challenging dungeon I Can do with my friends without the need for pugs; Or for constant recruiting. I only stick in my family guild with those I know; I don't care for having more than that and I Feel its a mistake to allow it as the original guild wars was something that offered "Guilds" meaning. Here its just meaningless kitten above your head.

Challenging dungeons or fractals have the same audience as raids. They are still as nice and it won't change anything other than you run it with 5 than with 10 players.And your only reason for 5 people is that you can run it with friends and without pugs. Not a valid reason tbh, just selfish.Raids all'n'all seem like a waste of such talented developers who could be helping elsewhere; Hell make fractals harder and make them more fun because those are boring as hell as some of the older ones are dated. What about the Abbadon fractal they promised would come out later? Or other such mentions of events happening either off screen or in guild wars 1 that we can revisit? Nah raiding is lame, thats WoW's thing and frankly as its all they really have to call their own they nail it alot of the time. These ones are kind of just... I mean here?

The Abbadon fractal will likely never happen. They said they never promised it will be created. Only the fractal that wins the vote will be created. The other one is gone.
It also brought a crowd I didn't want in this game to the game; One I had hoped would of been left in other games but sadly it seems Anet refuses to adhere to the core philosophy of their game for some things while making sure to stand by it for others.

So what is the core philosophy in the game? There a lot of people claiming to know that but most of them are actually wrong...

The core philosophy of the game was to NOT be like other games. They had no intention on there being raids, mounts or a meta because they wanted people to play HOW THEY WANTED. Not be force fed by some clowns who think they know everything there is to know; And we have side stepped from being a "Different Kind of MMO-RPG" To being a clone of WoW without the class balance. Mounts I don't mind anymore, I like em sure but raids to me never once really entice you to play them and its not really worth dealing with the people who do them. Most of the time its a cancerous crowd who suck the "Fun" out of a game and it doesn't matter if you are ontop of it or not, if you're running a class they dislike or see as useless they will either A:Be rude. OR B: Kick you.

I mean I Really don't care but I Feel like its a waste of resources to entertain a game mode and take areas I WOULD LOVE TO EXPLORE and make them into "Challenging content" Which is really just "DpS it hard, fast and do the semi-decent mechanics that all'n'all take little effort with deductive reasoning." The game was designed and sold as something different, fresh and new. The art book from the deluxe edition of the original game says as much; That they chose purposely not to add raids because they felt it promoted something they did not stand for. ( Not in those words, but more to the effect "We had ideas, but felt we were going in a different direction.")

I think raids were one of the worst things to happen to this game; And they continue to take areas that could of been cool for something better and instead slap a dps timer on it with some meh mechanics. I mean really its not challenging at all if you remotely know the fight and anyone doing them has been doing them; Those who lack interest wont go in and those who know raiding from other games might already have a stigma about it. Everyone always says a new class would be a waste of resources, a new set of weapons that are new to the game would be as well. But raids are the biggest waste we have both for the art team and the dev team behind them; When we could be getting so much more. But no the hardcore vocal minority have to have their "Challenging content" For the sake of it, despite it not even being close to challenging once so ever. (This coming from a Souls player, a bloodborne player and hell to chalk it up even ESO has harder endgame content then what these raids present.)

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:Id rather just drop raids in favor of other forms of content that is not limited to a small percentage of the player base, raids are not difficult and I've done them frankly while being pretty id of rather gone to ALOT of these zones in a living world. Have them flushed out with maybe a challenging dungeon I Can do with my friends without the need for pugs; Or for constant recruiting. I only stick in my family guild with those I know; I don't care for having more than that and I Feel its a mistake to allow it as the original guild wars was something that offered "Guilds" meaning. Here its just meaningless kitten above your head.

Challenging dungeons or fractals have the same audience as raids. They are still as nice and it won't change anything other than you run it with 5 than with 10 players.And your only reason for 5 people is that you can run it with friends and without pugs. Not a valid reason tbh, just selfish.Raids all'n'all seem like a waste of such talented developers who could be helping elsewhere; Hell make fractals harder and make them more fun because those are boring as hell as some of the older ones are dated. What about the Abbadon fractal they promised would come out later? Or other such mentions of events happening either off screen or in guild wars 1 that we can revisit? Nah raiding is lame, thats WoW's thing and frankly as its all they really have to call their own they nail it alot of the time. These ones are kind of just... I mean here?

The Abbadon fractal will likely never happen. They said they never promised it will be created. Only the fractal that wins the vote will be created. The other one is gone.
It also brought a crowd I didn't want in this game to the game; One I had hoped would of been left in other games but sadly it seems Anet refuses to adhere to the core philosophy of their game for some things while making sure to stand by it for others.

So what is the core philosophy in the game? There a lot of people claiming to know that but most of them are actually wrong...

The core philosophy of the game was to NOT be like other games. They had no intention on there being raids, mounts or a meta because they wanted people to play HOW THEY WANTED. Not be force fed by some clowns who think they know everything there is to know; And we have side stepped from being a "Different Kind of MMO-RPG" To being a clone of WoW without the class balance. Mounts I don't mind anymore, I like em sure but raids to me never once really entice you to play them and its not really worth dealing with the people who do them. Most of the time its a cancerous crowd who suck the "Fun" out of a game and it doesn't matter if you are ontop of it or not, if you're running a class they dislike or see as useless they will either A:Be rude. OR B: Kick you.

Oh please stop this nonsense already or at least do some decent background checks. The original idea was always for there to be challenging instanced content while there was supposed to be temporary living world events which ran their course.

The second, temporary living world events did not work out and were adapted to more permanent solutions which were feasible both workload as well as content wise. As well as the move to try with expansions, to which there is no information if there is going to be a third one.

As to challenging instanced content, it became very evident that dungeons were to easy and also did not provide the longevity hoped for. Thus fractals were introduced and expanded upon over a very long period of time (both difficulty as well as replay-ability wise). Raids came in from the get go as designed for only a fraction of the player base in the hope to get a maximum return for minimal investment.

As far as play as you please, that still exists and was never altered or moved from. You just decide to misunderstand (or deliberately ignore) what was meant by that phrase: not being forced into specific content for gear or in game wealth acquisition. This remains mostly valid as no matter what you play or do in GW2, you will always accumulate wealth which you can mostly freely chose to distribute to what ever aspect of the game you desire.

I just can't hear this nonsense any longer after almost 7 years and this misconception having been pointed out and corrected with both explanations and citations over and over. You are ill-informed.

I am always amazed by this notion how people assume that because XYZ was added, some other content missed out. If some of the raids had not been introduced, those themes (which are intentionally not related to the main story and campaign) would very likely not have been in the game at all. While at the same time creating less reasons for players to play this game. To assume differently is fantasy. The only thing gained by not having raids would have been a team of a couple of people work on maybe an additional Living world episode over the last few years or some extra fractals. That's it.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:Id rather just drop raids in favor of other forms of content that is not limited to a small percentage of the player base, raids are not difficult and I've done them frankly while being pretty id of rather gone to ALOT of these zones in a living world. Have them flushed out with maybe a challenging dungeon I Can do with my friends without the need for pugs; Or for constant recruiting. I only stick in my family guild with those I know; I don't care for having more than that and I Feel its a mistake to allow it as the original guild wars was something that offered "Guilds" meaning. Here its just meaningless kitten above your head.

Oh please stop this nonsense already or at least do some decent background checks. The original idea was always for there to be challenging instanced content while there was supposed to be temporary living world events which ran their course.

The second, temporary living world events did not work out and were adapted to more permanent solutions which were feasible both workload as well as content wise. As well as the move to try with expansions, to which there is no information if there is going to be a third one.

As to challenging instanced content, it became very evident that dungeons were to easy and also did not provide the longevity hoped for. Thus fractals were introduced and expanded upon over a very long period of time (both difficulty as well as replay-ability wise). Raids came in from the get go as designed for only a fraction of the player base in the hope to get a maximum return for minimal investment.

As far as play as you please, that still exists and was never altered or moved from. You just decide to misunderstand (or deliberately ignore) what was meant by that phrase: not being forced into specific content for gear or in game wealth acquisition. This remains mostly valid as no matter what you play or do in GW2, you will always accumulate wealth which you can mostly freely chose to distribute to what ever aspect of the game you desire.

I just can't hear this nonsense any longer after almost 7 years and this misconception having been pointed out and corrected with both explanations and citations over and over. You are ill-informed.

Or perhaps its you who misunderstands that raids were never needed for end game content, they abandoned dungeons and went to fractals. They could of kept going with fractals and not wasted their time with meaningless "Larger Fractals YAY!". They make you ping legendary insights when getting into the group, Raid groups are inheirently toxic and it brings terrible people out into the spotlight. I mean really; Before yes we had our toxic morons who spouted off but since raids have become a thing people have seemingly sprung up from no where.

As for end game challenging content, as I Said raids aren't challenging. Now HoT as a whole was and people bitched about it until they dummed it down; Because all the babies couldn't handle it and instead tried to push this narrative that the raids are where its at. Four or five years I've been listening to you raiders say none-sense, your mode is the least played next to PvP . PvP has been completely abandoned so maybe its time raids were as well and they turn vested interest in what is proven to work; Rather then trying to force something that clearly ISN'T WORKING. PvP failed because of the forced attempt into E-sports which is similar to why WoW right now is suffering in pvp as well most content, because everything has to be a freaking E-sport.

Raids fail fundamentally at what they are intended to do but its clear all you're gonna do is white knight; So I mean clearly I shouldn't be wasting my time but I am because Im sick to death of you people. Because you are the very same people who will turn around and tell someone who is asking for "New race, new class, new weapons, new anything" That you'd rather resources be put elsewhere. So for once Im saying it to you, this is a waste of resources and I would rather see it put elsewhere and since the raiding community is so small I doubt them leaving to whatever other mmo there is for them will hurt the game.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

I mean I Really don't care but I Feel like its a waste of resources to entertain a game mode and take areas I WOULD LOVE TO EXPLORE and make them into "Challenging content" Which is really just "DpS it hard, fast and do the semi-decent mechanics that all'n'all take little effort with deductive reasoning." The game was designed and sold as something different, fresh and new. The art book from the deluxe edition of the original game says as much; That they chose purposely not to add raids because they felt it promoted something they did not stand for. ( Not in those words, but more to the effect "We had ideas, but felt we were going in a different direction.")

I think raids were one of the worst things to happen to this game; And they continue to take areas that could of been cool for something better and instead slap a dps timer on it with some meh mechanics. I mean really its not challenging at all if you remotely know the fight and anyone doing them has been doing them; Those who lack interest wont go in and those who know raiding from other games might already have a stigma about it. Everyone always says a new class would be a waste of resources, a new set of weapons that are new to the game would be as well. But raids are the biggest waste we have both for the art team and the dev team behind them; When we could be getting so much more. But no the hardcore vocal minority have to have their "Challenging content" For the sake of it, despite it not even being close to challenging once so ever. (This coming from a Souls player, a bloodborne player and hell to chalk it up even ESO has harder endgame content then what these raids present.)

So raids are challanging but easy? I am lost.How many new players will start playing because Anet add greataxe to the game?How many will leave because anet will not add greataxe?And how many joined because of raids and will leave when anet stop developing raids?

My friends showed me this "amazing game" long time ago called guildwars 2. I saw it for 20 minutes and than asked what is there to do and after another 20 minutes of explanation I understood that there is basicaly nothing to do. No reason to create builds when everything dies in 2 hits anyway. And nonexistent balance for those who run hardcore dungeons which was only part that was semi interesting. I read about dungeons at home and that was last nail in the coffin because i didnt want to play warrior.

After some time hot and raids were added and suddenly builds started to matter and so did teamplay and thats when i started playing because finaly there was something to do for me. And I am playing ever since. I am not playing only raids but without raids I wouldnt play very frequently. This gamemode is the reason I play.Interesting fact. I dont run around maps screaming at people what builds they should be playing and I imagine none of the raiders do.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

Or perhaps its you who misunderstands that raids were never needed for end game content, they abandoned dungeons and went to fractals. They could of kept going with fractals and not wasted their time with meaningless "Larger Fractals YAY!". They make you ping legendary insights when getting into the group, Raid groups are inheirently toxic and it brings terrible people out into the spotlight. I mean really; Before yes we had our toxic morons who spouted off but since raids have become a thing people have seemingly sprung up from no where.

First off, you are mixing what the community does (and at that the PUG community, raids are not only PUGs and were also not designed with PUG clears in mind, even if they are easy enough for that, this being an MMO and such) with how Arenanet approached changing their or expanding on certain content (in this case instanced content) to remain financially feasible.

Second, if a guild requires you to ping things, leave the guild. Should be obvious but here, in case you hadn't thought of this.

As far as toxic morons, if you call some classes being barred from near any content, low AP being a reason to kick people, not being level 80, etc. a minor inconvenience, I would like to introduce you to some old GW2 friends of mine who intentionally re-rolled to guardian or warrior because their class of choice was being removed from 7/10 dungeon groups minimum and it was not worth the hassle to put up with that.

Toxic behavior did not increase with raids. People wanting to complete certain content might have, but toxicity was always present in some of its worst form.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:As for end game challenging content, as I Said raids aren't challenging. Now HoT as a whole was and people kitten about it until they dummed it down; Because all the babies couldn't handle it and instead tried to push this narrative that the raids are where its at. Four or five years I've been listening to you raiders say none-sense, your mode is the least played next to PvP . PvP has been completely abandoned so maybe its time raids were as well and they turn vested interest in what is proven to work; Rather then trying to force something that clearly ISN'T WORKING. PvP failed because of the forced attempt into E-sports which is similar to why WoW right now is suffering in pvp as well most content, because everything has to be a freaking E-sport.

Yes, and all three modes (including WvW) have by far the LEAST amount of developer interaction as well as content developed, with raids seeing more content than spvp and wvw. Now we could make assumptions as to how much revenue is being generated in these game modes for Arenanet to not completely abandon them, I doubt you'd want that though.

Again, you seem conflicted between raids being not hard, but to hard at the same time while suddenly complaining about gating mechanisms which any MMO player who playes such a game with the intention of grouping with others would have no issue to get around. Now the solo player who thinks he is awfully skilled but lacks the will to interact socially with others or cooperate (in a MMO mind you), sure he might run into some issues.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:Raids fail fundamentally at what they are intended to do but its clear all you're gonna do is white knight; So I mean clearly I shouldn't be wasting my time but I am because Im sick to death of you people. Because you are the very same people who will turn around and tell someone who is asking for "New race, new class, new weapons, new anything" That you'd rather resources be put elsewhere. So for once Im saying it to you, this is a waste of resources and I would rather see it put elsewhere and since the raiding community is so small I doubt them leaving to whatever other mmo there is for them will hurt the game.

The raiding community counts some of the most active players of the game. Last time I checked, most active often correlates with spending money on the game. Now sure, let's hope for that group to leave and just see what happens.

Who is the one out of touch now?

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:Or perhaps its you who misunderstands that raids were never needed for end game content, they abandoned dungeons and went to fractals. They could of kept going with fractals and not wasted their time with meaningless "Larger Fractals YAY!". They make you ping legendary insights when getting into the group, Raid groups are inheirently toxic and it brings terrible people out into the spotlight. I mean really; Before yes we had our toxic morons who spouted off but since raids have become a thing people have seemingly sprung up from no where.

Raids can offer challenges that fractals can't. The player count alone allows for more diverse mechanics. Yes they are beneficial for end game content. Not needed but beneficial.Yes raids reveal toxic people but funnily it's mostly the other side, the people bitching about raids, that is toxic. Why can't people let us have fun with content? Pinging LI is not toxic. That are just players who want to play with people that are on the same level.Your wording actually reveals you as one of the toxic crowd.As for end game challenging content, as I Said raids aren't challenging. Now HoT as a whole was and people kitten about it until they dummed it down; Because all the babies couldn't handle it and instead tried to push this narrative that the raids are where its at. Four or five years I've been listening to you raiders say none-sense, your mode is the least played next to PvP . PvP has been completely abandoned so maybe its time raids were as well and they turn vested interest in what is proven to work; Rather then trying to force something that clearly ISN'T WORKING. PvP failed because of the forced attempt into E-sports which is similar to why WoW right now is suffering in pvp as well most content, because everything has to be a freaking E-sport.

I don't know. We got PvP map changes in the last Update. It seems far from abandoned. Many balance patch changes are also PvP changes. Yes E-Sports failed but MMOs are actually not suited for E-Sports.Raids fail fundamentally at what they are intended to do but its clear all you're gonna do is white knight; So I mean clearly I shouldn't be wasting my time but I am because Im sick to death of you people. Because you are the very same people who will turn around and tell someone who is asking for "New race, new class, new weapons, new anything" That you'd rather resources be put elsewhere. So for once Im saying it to you, this is a waste of resources and I would rather see it put elsewhere and since the raiding community is so small I doubt them leaving to whatever other mmo there is for them will hurt the game.

Raids fail to delivier challenging group content for organised groups? No, they do exactly what they were advertised for.New race will never happen and was never planned.Why should I choose a new weapon with maybe 15 skins over an existing one with 200 skins for my class in a game that is mostly centered around fashion?We get an open world part with the next raid. Still wasted ressources?

You propose the complete abandonment of niche content. Which might include pretty much anything other than Open World content. WvW, PvP, raids, Fractals and other content pieces like SAB could all be considered niche content worthy of a cut depending on who we ask.Seems a little silly to me to assume the already rather limited amount of overall development time that goes into these content pieces would have a noticeable impact on the release times of mainstream content. The only difference you'd notice would be people quitting in droves over this rather bad idea as most of the content mentioned actually manages to attract a far larger population than some people seem to assume.

Also, why would any developer willingly butcher their successful game to begin with?

Same story about pinging LI... Some people dont get how the world works. Next time you apply for a job and get denied, dont forget to sue that employer for toxicity xd. LI/KP ~ exp . Not =, cuz it's only a proxy. Anet didnt give us anything better to prove our experience, so here we are. If you dont like raids, go re-do the same story 100 times if you find it fun, play solo if you find it fun, go roleplay if you find it fun. But there is no reason to say raiders are toxic because they try to play with similar skill ppl. You are not entitled to play whatever crap you want in a team content.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

So raids are challanging but easy? I am lost.How many new players will start playing because Anet add greataxe to the game?How many will leave because anet will not add greataxe?And how many joined because of raids and will leave when anet stop developing raids?

My friends showed me this "amazing game" long time ago called guildwars 2. I saw it for 20 minutes and than asked what is there to do and after another 20 minutes of explanation I understood that there is basicaly nothing to do. No reason to create builds when everything dies in 2 hits anyway. And nonexistent balance for those who run hardcore dungeons which was only part that was semi interesting. I read about dungeons at home and that was last nail in the coffin because i didnt want to play warrior.

After some time hot and raids were added and suddenly builds started to matter and so did teamplay and thats when i started playing because finaly there was something to do for me. And I am playing ever since. I am not playing only raids but without raids I wouldnt play very frequently. This gamemode is the reason I play.Interesting fact. I dont run around maps screaming at people what builds they should be playing and I imagine none of the raiders do.

adding to build craft and our existing roster of classes would bring way more people to the game. People don't come for raids or dungeons, they come because the dev's added something new that vibes with them. Clearly you don't know how marketing or sales work once so ever and are completely ignorant to how the game would benefit so ill break it down for you.

• Currently if you're not invested in the game, or know someone that is there is no reason for you to come here over say ESO. ESO constantly adds new content and has already added a second class; Which has gotten alot of people to go over there because its a class they like and want to play.
  • New product in the form of actual new ways to play offer more than an instanced dps race; New players will hear about the say new class and be like . "Wow look at this, it looks fun." For example say if they bring in the dervish/ritualist or paragon yes? Well it would vibe with old guild wars 1 players who feel they lost their class while also speaking to a new demographic of players. RAIDS DO NOT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM DO THIS. A prime example is I was answering questions in lions arch yesterday for people coming back, and a few new players. They didn't even know we had raids because as I said unless you have a vested interest you will not seek them out; Not immediately anyway.
  • New class's and weapon types offer new things ==> Gets more people invested, brings in new players ====> Those new players start off as we all did doing the pve and learning the game maybe even buying gems and the expansions for various cosmetics ===> More money, attention and growth leads into higher production value and funds to do production on a larger scale. ===> Those new players may get into raids, renewed interest and again more funds ===> Faster releases, as they can afford to pay a larger staff which means more gets done. This then feeds into the above; Offering the game more sustainable lifeblood and contributes to the needs of the product, the customer and the developers.

As you can see raids are only good for people invested in the game and can't and probably won't bring people into the game; It's sort of like eliet specs right? They are all well and good but its gonna be hard to convince someone to buy the game, get into it then go unlock the thing you want which might turn out like crap (Renegade right?) Where as if you make a new class that people can start with, and go through current and old content with then they become vested in the game as it brings in something new for EVERYONE. Revenant was probably one of the big selling points for HoT because it brought a new class, as well new systems when Arch-Age brought gliding and unique ways of travel to the forefront. For PoF it was mounts; Logically speaking a new class or a new race would be more of a worthwhile investment because people join a game more willingly when something new and cool is there.

Last expansion for WoW for example brought in heaps of people because it brought out the demon hunter, a new way to play the game. New appearances and new reasons to go through the old content; Same with races and the allied races. The only reason BFA did well at the begining Is because of the allied races which were not that intuitive in design, now imagine if A-net added a new class, new weapons and a new race? That expansion would sell like hot-cakes and people would tell their friends; We would have more to offer those in our lives not currently playing. When I ask my friends to get into it I run down the list of things we have, I show the races and I notice that they always give me "Well I Can raid over here, its better. Same with dungeons" The only saving grace for the game is the combat.

And no Raids are not hard, I've said constantly that they are not hard and I have done them I just see them as a "One and done" thing because Im more of a lore guy.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

adding to build craft and our existing roster of classes would bring way more people to the game. People don't come for raids or dungeons, they come because the dev's added something new that vibes with them. Clearly you don't know how marketing or sales work once so ever and are completely ignorant to how the game would benefit so ill break it down for you.
  • Currently if you're not invested in the game, or know someone that is there is no reason for you to come here over say ESO. ESO constantly adds new content and has already added a second class; Which has gotten alot of people to go over there because its a class they like and want to play.
  • New product in the form of actual new ways to play offer more than an instanced dps race; New players will hear about the say new class and be like . "Wow look at this, it looks fun." For example say if they bring in the dervish/ritualist or paragon yes? Well it would vibe with old guild wars 1 players who feel they lost their class while also speaking to a new demographic of players. RAIDS DO NOT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM DO THIS. A prime example is I was answering questions in lions arch yesterday for people coming back, and a few new players. They didn't even know we had raids because as I said unless you have a vested interest you will not seek them out; Not immediately anyway.
  • New class's and weapon types offer new things ==> Gets more people invested, brings in new players ====> Those new players start off as we all did doing the pve and learning the game maybe even buying gems and the expansions for various cosmetics ===> More money, attention and growth leads into higher production value and funds to do production on a larger scale. ===> Those new players may get into raids, renewed interest and again more funds ===> Faster releases, as they can afford to pay a larger staff which means more gets done. This then feeds into the above; Offering the game more sustainable lifeblood and contributes to the needs of the product, the customer and the developers.

As you can see raids are only good for people invested in the game and can't and probably won't bring people into the game; It's sort of like eliet specs right? They are all well and good but its gonna be hard to convince someone to buy the game, get into it then go unlock the thing you want which might turn out like kitten (Renegade right?) Where as if you make a new class that people can start with, and go through current and old content with then they become vested in the game as it brings in something new for EVERYONE. Revenant was probably one of the big selling points for HoT because it brought a new class, as well new systems when Arch-Age brought gliding and unique ways of travel to the forefront. For PoF it was mounts; Logically speaking a new class or a new race would be more of a worthwhile investment because people join a game more willingly when something new and cool is there.

Last expansion for WoW for example brought in heaps of people because it brought out the demon hunter, a new way to play the game. New appearances and new reasons to go through the old content; Same with races and the allied races. The only reason BFA did well at the begining Is because of the allied races which were not that intuitive in design, now imagine if A-net added a new class, new weapons and a new race? That expansion would sell like hot-cakes and people would tell their friends; We would have more to offer those in our lives not currently playing. When I ask my friends to get into it I run down the list of things we have, I show the races and I notice that they always give me "Well I Can raid over here, its better. Same with dungeons" The only saving grace for the game is the combat.

And no Raids are not hard, I've said constantly that they are not hard and I have done them I just see them as a "One and done" thing because Im more of a lore guy.

I think you're mistaken on one major part. Namely the fact that raids bring no new people. You can bet that a lot of people either rejoined after they left or joined because raids where added in hot.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

As you can see raids are only good for people invested in the game and can't and probably won't bring people into the game; It's sort of like eliet specs right? They are all well and good but its gonna be hard to convince someone to buy the game, get into it then go unlock the thing you want which might turn out like kitten (Renegade right?) Where as if you make a new class that people can start with, and go through current and old content with then they become vested in the game as it brings in something new for EVERYONE. Revenant was probably one of the big selling points for HoT because it brought a new class, as well new systems when Arch-Age brought gliding and unique ways of travel to the forefront. For PoF it was mounts; Logically speaking a new class or a new race would be more of a worthwhile investment because people join a game more willingly when something new and cool is there.

I think you are slightly biased (as am I aperently). You said it yourself, you are a lore guy (and I am not).Adding a new profession will definitely atract players that already played before. I dont see why someone would start a game just because they added new class when that player didnt want to start the game without that class but ok. If the game doesnt suit his style that new class will not keep him playing for long.You were definitely mistaken with the fact that raids dont atract players. As I have said I started playing because I discovered that raids will be added to the game. It is probable that more players will will play new living season relese then raids. Raids dont generate income quickly because of smaller number of players.That beeing said myguild leader (no hardcore raid guild or anything) invested huge amount of money int skins, chatacter slots.... and he said that he basicaly log in only to play raids and fractal CMs. Many raiders also invested huge sums of money and even if they are not playing only because of raids they take 2 or more evenings playing them so without raids they would play way less (or be less interested into the game)

Also about your point about ritualist. It will atract specific type of player (gw1 players) but for player like me that didnt play gw1 this will be another class. Raids also atracted specific crowd.

Also i take elite specialization as new classes because for me gameplay is what define new class andnot lore so that is why i would rather have 9 new elite specs then 1 whole new class

Thanks for explaining your point of view and best wishes

I think you are slightly biased (as am I aperently). You said it yourself, you are a lore guy (and I am not).Adding a new profession will definitely atract players that already played before. I dont see why someone would start a game just because they added new class when that player didnt want to start the game without that class but ok. If the game doesnt suit his style that new class will not keep him playing for long.You were definitely mistaken with the fact that raids dont atract players. As I have said I started playing because I discovered that raids will be added to the game. It is probable that more players will will play new living season relese then raids. Raids dont generate income quickly because of smaller number of players.That beeing said myguild leader (no hardcore raid guild or anything) invested huge amount of money int skins, chatacter slots.... and he said that he basicaly log in only to play raids and fractal CMs. Many raiders also invested huge sums of money and even if they are not playing only because of raids they take 2 or more evenings playing them so without raids they would play way less (or be less interested into the game)

Also about your point about ritualist. It will atract specific type of player (gw1 players) but for player like me that didnt play gw1 this will be another class. Raids also atracted specific crowd.

Also i take elite specialization as new classes because for me gameplay is what define new class andnot lore so that is why i would rather have 9 new elite specs then 1 whole new class

And I feel like nine new eliet specs will only continue to break the game, adding to the need of revamps and various other forms of reworks as we have seen lately. I feel a new class with two eliet specs of their own would be a proper exchange; It encourages the sales of character slots, character appearence changes and transmog purchases. It also offers a new method and way to play the game; As you said you put gameplay first yes? Well a new class would off significantly different gameplay (Assuming they don't pull a revenant at the launch of its appearence.) They don't need to do a ritualist per-say but they could take dervish and ritualist merge it into one class, you get melee and range just based off the portion of their nature that could still exist (At least while not breaking the games story) and create something new.

Plus I doubt many like you have come to the game, I haven't seen anyone BUT you say raids are why they came to this game and if that tickles your pickle then good for you. If you enjoy the content thats great but I mean some of us dislike being in large groups and herding the cats so to speak. Some of us want to see the content without the worry of people who otherwise would be unwelcome in our company; You can't expect people to make the sacrifice of comfort for content. I personally run solo alot, leap in with my guild and do some forms of meta achievements or raids/dungeons.

But we have people in the guild I Dislike so I don't run nor would I ever openly run with them, I stick to myself when they are in the party because of this reason. Many raiders as far as I have met here are rude, unsociable leches. You're the only one I've had a conversation with that I didn't think "Damn I kind of want to hit this guy." We have a different opinion true, I suppose I should state I don't want them to completely abandon raids but Id like for them to make a form of which we can see the "Story" And just remove the story aspect from raids. Put the lore where everyone can see it and not behind some form of raid like WoW does, because it always pissed me off that as a lore guy I had to go find a group and hope they were not unable to get through the content.

That and alot of people expect you to skip the cinematic's, or hurry up and go, go , go which is fine I guess you do you as they say. But as someone who would like to actually digest whats going on and pay attention, and not just skip blindly and ignore the fact this game has a crap ton of lore I find myself un-welcome in your community. So when I say I support small man, I mean I support them stripping out the story and making that for the small man so they can see the zone and the storyline. As well maybe do the explorable portions; Make it difficult sure I don't mind that but being in a group with more than five people and expecting all those people to allow those of us who like the lore of the game to be able to actually enjoy it without people bitching or being arse's about it is expecting alot out of the nature of humanity.

Have a good one I suppose~

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

And I feel like nine new eliet specs will only continue to break the game, adding to the need of revamps and various other forms of reworks as we have seen lately. I feel a new class with two eliet specs of their own would be a proper exchange; It encourages the sales of character slots, character appearence changes and transmog purchases. It also offers a new method and way to play the game; As you said you put gameplay first yes? Well a new class would off significantly different gameplay (Assuming they don't pull a revenant at the launch of its appearence.) They don't need to do a ritualist per-say but they could take dervish and ritualist merge it into one class, you get melee and range just based off the portion of their nature that could still exist (At least while not breaking the games story) and create something new.

Plus I doubt many like you have come to the game, I haven't seen anyone BUT you say raids are why they came to this game and if that tickles your pickle then good for you. If you enjoy the content thats great but I mean some of us dislike being in large groups and herding the cats so to speak. Some of us want to see the content without the worry of people who otherwise would be unwelcome in our company; You can't expect people to make the sacrifice of comfort for content. I personally run solo alot, leap in with my guild and do some forms of meta achievements or raids/dungeons.

But we have people in the guild I Dislike so I don't run nor would I ever openly run with them, I stick to myself when they are in the party because of this reason. Many raiders as far as I have met here are rude, unsociable leches. You're the only one I've had a conversation with that I didn't think "kitten I kind of want to hit this guy." We have a different opinion true, I suppose I should state I don't want them to completely abandon raids but Id like for them to make a form of which we can see the "Story" And just remove the story aspect from raids. Put the lore where everyone can see it and not behind some form of raid like WoW does, because it always pissed me off that as a lore guy I had to go find a group and hope they were not unable to get through the content.

That and alot of people expect you to skip the cinematic's, or hurry up and go, go , go which is fine I guess you do you as they say. But as someone who would like to actually digest whats going on and pay attention, and not just skip blindly and ignore the fact this game has a kitten ton of lore I find myself un-welcome in your community. So when I say I support small man, I mean I support them stripping out the story and making that for the small man so they can see the zone and the storyline. As well maybe do the explorable portions; Make it difficult sure I don't mind that but being in a group with more than five people and expecting all those people to allow those of us who like the lore of the game to be able to actually enjoy it without people kitten or being kitten's about it is expecting alot out of the nature of humanity.

Have a good one I suppose~

I would gladly introduce "walkthrough" version for raids. Basicaly no challange so players can experiance the story. This would be win for both sides since it might atract new players to raids and nonraiders can enjoy the story.

Edit: also I need to add that you are one of the few nonraiders that I dont find toxic. Usualy they ask about x/y and they dont place theirs enjoyment above raiders (like OP did in his opening statement) so thank you

@Shiyo.3578 said:When your individual skill is more of an impact on your groups performance(20% vs 10%, 5 man vs 10man) the content feels harder and more satisfying as an individual.

Content also tents to feel satisfying when scale is a thing (from solo lw instances to 5 man content to even bigger instanced group content to massive ow metas with 100 ppl) scale adds to the experience for some

@"yann.1946" said:I think you're mistaken on one major part. Namely the fact that raids bring no new people. You can bet that a lot of people either rejoined after they left or joined because raids where added in hot.Indeed. Most of the people I knew in vanilla have left because the game had no challenging PvE content and I bet that most of the people I play with now would be long gone if it wasn't for raids.

No need to mention that the concept of 5-man "raids" is utter nonsense. We have fractals, and they are no replacement for raids. Actually, even 10 people is the lower limit. The best raid fights I've played in MMOs were all 20+ raids, because you need a certain number of people if you want to design intricate mechanics.

@Fenom.9457 said:I'd like to see this too. Easier to navigate the annoying and toxic people that are sadly all too common in raids if you only need to find 4 nice people, and generally just faster to jump in

Then play fractals/dungeons

Raids have their own maps, stories, bosses, achievements, skins, and are altogether a unique experience that could stand to be more accessible

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:I'd like to see this too. Easier to navigate the annoying and toxic people that are sadly all too common in raids if you only need to find 4 nice people, and generally just faster to jump in

Raids have their own maps, stories, bosses, achievements, skins, and are altogether a unique experience that could stand to be more accessible

If 'accessible' means finding more players with similar skill level and play-styles then yeah.

@Fenom.9457 said:

So what you are saying is that you dont want to play raids but just get the drops and the story...

Raids are accesible if players actualy try to get there.

So what you are saying is that you dont want to play raids but just get the drops and the story...

No, I also specified interest in the maps and story

@Fenom.9457 said:

No, I also specified interest in the maps and story

I would gladly accept walkthrough version of raids for story. I think that is much better then scaling down content to 5 man since that wouldnt solve any of yours problems

I havent include maps because you can already get to cleared instance