The Living World Season 4 finale, “War Eternal,” arrives on May 14! - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

The Living World Season 4 finale, “War Eternal,” arrives on May 14!

Comments

• Flaming.4250Flaming.4250 Member ✭✭

To the people that made this trailer Well Done Well done indeed.
    This is spot on the music and the body language realy convay the sadness, dispair and hopelessness of the situation that they find themselfs in.
    Zafiah whittling at a piece of wood and then throwing it away, Goric just absorbed in his work, and the small shrine that Taimi has made.

• Urud.4925Urud.4925 Member ✭✭✭

@Lillis.9473 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:
    The trailer is Making it hard to believe aureane won't be revived in some way.

Since that's the popular theory it's very easy to just bait everyone into thinking that :) Personally I'm not so sure anymore. But there are a couple other suspicious things, like not giving us the name of the map.

@Urud.4295 said:
    Very nice trailer, I liked it!
    And thanks for the confirmation: death is not the end, but a new beginning... Aurene is gonna be awakened \0/

I think Aurene's death has transformed her into something beyond. Like Glint, she has entered a state beyond life and will play her part from there. She will never be revived and will never really be our Aurene again. She has gone past us.

Idk, it might be. But I remember that we destroyed the Glint's spear to avoid that Balthazar killed Kralk. We kept saving Kralk until we found the plan of the Exalted to replace him with Aurene. Killing him now, without her, would be quite lame. Unless some other new plan would come up, obviously.

• ChronoPinoyX.7923ChronoPinoyX.7923 Member ✭✭✭

If you can continue to work those kinds of cutscenes to the point where the Commander is actually animated to interact alongside the other characters (unlike the Palawa Joko one where the Commander is just frozen) then in the name of Palawa Ignacious Joko, just take every penny I have, I want this kind of quality animation to continue.

PRAISE JOKO FOR THESE AMAZING REAL-TIME CUTSCENES

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Didnt have any new info whatsoever but idrc i liked it.

• AlexxxDelta.1806AlexxxDelta.1806 Member ✭✭✭

@derd.6413 said:

@Tom.9516 said:
    Yeah im all for the hype but im not too sure about that release date. I think they must have released this by accident.
    Or I'm wrong and we get the trailer today and the epi in 5 days

that's the confusing part

They probably wanted to put this out there now considering the anticipation from the players. I'm sure more details will follow soon to hype it up.

edited May 9, 2019

Btw really like the aditional pictures of The gs, really sells it for other classes than mesmer.

That reaper form tho :scream:

• When has death stopped...ANYONE in the story? There's ascalon ghosts, risen, awakened, ghost dwarves, that entire force of ghosts in the mist that are your allies, glint...heck, even you, the commander, has died before.

• Terc.5736Terc.5736 Member ✭✭✭

I just want the dragon

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

@zealex.9410 said:
    Btw really like the aditional pictures of The gs, really sells it for other classes than mesmer.

That reaper form tho :scream:

Yeah, too bad I've already crafted Gen 1 GS and I don't want to make 2 Legendaries of the same type :/

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2019

The trailer is giving me goosebumps everytime I watch it. That piano motif (reminds me of 1970's and 1980's horror movies), the well animated emotional expressions - wow.

It does not spoil a thing about "War Eternal", though, other than the possibility of Zafirah turning into an adversary, maybe? We'll see.

Glad the release date is so close, curious to see the outcome of it all. =)

@Donari.5237 said:

@Flaming.4250 said:
    Zafiah whittling at a piece of wood and then throwing it away

I see that as her sharpening a knife on a whetstone and then tossing them with a sense of futility.

would make for a cool emote.

• zengara.8301zengara.8301 Member ✭✭✭

woooot, on my birthday xD

• Auburner.6945Auburner.6945 Member ✭✭✭

Nice!! Will have a rough May 13th day, will be really great to enjoy this to the fullest after I am free.

Buff Elementalist!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

edited May 9, 2019

@Blocki.4931 said:

Since that's the popular theory it's very easy to just bait everyone into thinking that :)

There is another thread with an interesting theory:

That Aurene's power will be inbued in the armor set we are going to get. Her crystals, like Glint's, should have preserved the magic even after death, I believe.

Personally I'm not so sure anymore. But there are a couple other suspicious things, like not giving us the name of the map.

Only a couple of days to go, until we learn that along with everything else. I am most excited to learn the outcome of this story, more than I am about the new mount (which I was originally looking forward to the most, so I guess that trailer spurred my curiosity ;) ).

• Looking forward to this! Now to go to sleep for 5 days and wake up on release! :D

• Telwyn.1630Telwyn.1630 Member ✭✭

@moonstarmac.4603 said:
    I'm looking forward to this episode. Maybe the 5 remaining gods return to help out in the end? Maybe Aurene can be saved by Balthazar's flame? So many twists and turns so far...

The 5 remaining gods are cowards they are certain fighting the elder dragons is bad and the planet will blow up no matter what.
    Even Lyssa mocked Komir about how she choose to stay behind, that tells you Lyssa dose not care about her followers she is leaving behind.
    The gods left all the humans behind who choose to worship them they abandon the humans and refused to even bother telling anyone during the 200 years before and during guild wars 2 that killing the elder dragons would blow the planet up and decided to leave accept Kormir and provide no warning. The 5 also caused Balthazar to go rogue, ( Balthazar hade been thinking he could just help deal with the countless dragon minions instead of fighting the dragons directly so as to keep the elder dragons from using their power to destory the planet cause the elder dragons would hold nothing back.) and instead of the gods just helping in some way that dose not have involve them fighting the elder dragons directly, they choose to do nothing and then they leave. Excluding Kormir it would seem to me the gods did not care for the humans enough to even take them off of Tyria they just let the humans worship them for no real reason then the gods leave so yeah the so called human gods are cowards I do not think they are coming back who knows they might but I do no think so.

@Telwyn.1630 said:

@moonstarmac.4603 said:
    I'm looking forward to this episode. Maybe the 5 remaining gods return to help out in the end? Maybe Aurene can be saved by Balthazar's flame? So many twists and turns so far...

The 5 remaining gods are cowards they are certain fighting the elder dragons is bad and the planet will blow up no matter what.
    Even Lyssa mocked Komir about how she choose to stay behind, that tells you Lyssa dose not care about her followers she is leaving behind.
    The gods left all the humans behind who choose to worship them they abandon the humans and refused to even bother telling anyone during the 200 years before and during guild wars 2 that killing the elder dragons would blow the planet up and decided to leave accept Kormir and provide no warning. The 5 also caused Balthazar to go rogue, ( Balthazar hade been thinking he could just help deal with the countless dragon minions instead of fighting the dragons directly so as to keep the elder dragons from using their power to destory the planet cause the elder dragons would hold nothing back.) and instead of the gods just helping in some way that dose not have involve them fighting the elder dragons directly, they choose to do nothing and then they leave. Excluding Kormir it would seem to me the gods did not care for the humans enough to even take them off of Tyria they just let the humans worship them for no real reason then the gods leave so yeah the so called human gods are cowards I do not think they are coming back who knows they might but I do no think so.

?

First where did you find that lyssa mocked kormir for staying. Also the balthazar part, we saw multiple times that he was determined and tried to kill off the dragons.

• ThatOddOne.4387ThatOddOne.4387 Member ✭✭✭

@Telwyn.1630 said:

@moonstarmac.4603 said:

Not an accurate assessment of the situation at all. People in universe can quite easily think that, but with the benefit of being third-person observers we know that what you said it not the case. Their reasons for avoiding the Elder Dragons are pretty clearly laid out and reasonable.

@Telwyn.1630 said:

They speak from experience, as they almost destroyed Tyria and devasted a portion of the world the last time they fought. Kormir explains this in detail. This has nothing to do with cowardice, they just don't want to make matters worse. I hope they will return once the dragon issue has been resolved.

• kasoki.5180kasoki.5180 Member ✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Telwyn.1630 said:

They speak from experience, as they almost destroyed Tyria and devasted a portion of the world the last time they fought. Kormir explains this in detail. This has nothing to do with cowardice, they just don't want to make matters worse. I hope they will return once the dragon issue has been resolved.

If I remember correctly Kormir never said they had experience fighting with dragons. Or anything similar. Statements about previous fights referred to gods vs god war, not gods vs dragons.

Her statements about dragons make her sound like gods don't think they can defeat them, or that they have any solution for them in mind. But not sure I would call it cowardice though

@kasoki.5180 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Telwyn.1630 said:

If I remember correctly Kormir never said they had experience fighting with dragons. Or anything similar. Statements about previous fights referred to gods vs god war, not gods vs dragons.

Her statements about dragons make her sound like gods don't think they can defeat them, or that they have any solution for them in mind. But not sure I would call it cowardice though

Exeprience in large scale magical fights, the ones that can turn entire oceans into deserts or delete the plabet from existence.

• ThatOddOne.4387ThatOddOne.4387 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 12, 2019

@kasoki.5180 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Telwyn.1630 said:

Similar experience IS gods fighting on Tyria. The fight against Abaddon turned an ocean into a desert.

It’s not a question of being unable to defeat the dragons, it’s a question of it being a lose-lose situation. If the gods fought the dragons and won the collateral would have destroyed the very people they would be protecting by fighting the dragons, making the victory moot, and if even one of them dies then Tyria is destroyed when their divine power is released on death and the dragons unable to consume it.

edited May 12, 2019

@kasoki.5180 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Telwyn.1630 said:

If I remember correctly Kormir never said they had experience fighting with dragons.

No, and that was not the point. The point was that God magic, used in any kind of fight against any adversary, has devestating powers for the human world.

• kasoki.5180kasoki.5180 Member ✭✭✭

@ThatOddOne.4387 said:

@kasoki.5180 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Telwyn.1630 said:

Similar experience IS gods fighting on Tyria. The fight against Abaddon turned an ocean into a desert.

It’s not a question of being unable to defeat the dragons, it’s a question of it being a lose-lose situation. If the gods fought the dragons and won the collateral would have destroyed the very people they would be protecting by fighting the dragons, making the victory moot, and if even one of them dies then Tyria is destroyed when their divine power is released on death and the dragons unable to consume it.

No its because, as she says, Gods are weaker than dragons.
    (from wikia)
    "Kormir: Come and see for yourselves. Perhaps then you'll understand.
    Kormir: We, the gods, saw there could be no victory in our inevitable conflict with the Elder Dragons.
    Kormir: Waging war with them could only lead to the destruction of Tyria—and we, the Six, would be the match that would start the blaze.
    Kormir: And so, we chose to withdraw from Tyria altogether, and spare this world further calamity... Or rather, most of us chose to.
    Balthazar: Cowards. You may flee, but I will not. I do not avoid conflict... I am conflict.
    Balthazar: The Elder Dragons will die by my hands...and their power will become my power.
    Kormir: Balthazar was blinded by his pride. The dragons are beyond even the gods—a raw, primal force without equal."

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@kasoki.5180 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Telwyn.1630 said:

If I remember correctly Kormir never said they had experience fighting with dragons.

No, and that was not the point. The point was that God magic, used in any kind of fight against any adversary, has devestating powers for the human world.

That's great, because so far it was shown that no God levels of powers were needed to deal with Elder Dragons. Also, if I recall correctly, human gods have helped humans in early days in their conflicts with other races, and have granted them for example powerful artifacts. So I'm not certain that god magic used in any shape or form is necessarily cataclysmic. Nor is it necessary that Gods help only via direct "hand-to-hand" combat against Elder Dragons

In all of her statements Kormir quite clearly shows that it is only when Gods fight that the issue of cataclysm happens, or when a God is defeated/dies and their power is thrown into the world
    (from wikia)
    "Kormir: Have you not learned from the last time the gods stood against one of their own—against Abaddon?
    Kormir: Thirteen hundred years ago, Abaddon and his army of fanatics waged a war ranging across the shores and islands of the Crystal Sea.
    Kormir: The battle was so ferocious that the ocean boiled away, leaving behind the desert you see today.
    Kormir: When the gods finally struck down Abaddon, his fall warped and ravaged these lands, creating the Desolation."

Absolutely nothing so far suggests that Gods can not help us in other ways. I like to think of them to be more complex divine beings that some generic dragon ball character that can only solve problems by fighting. Especially since most of our plans for dragons so far never required some God like levels of magical powers.

edited May 13, 2019

@kasoki.5180 said:
    No its because, as she says, Gods are weaker than dragons.
    [...]
    Kormir: Balthazar was blinded by his pride. The dragons are beyond even the gods—a raw, primal force without equal."

I think this is a misinterpretation of what she actually meant. "Beyond even the gods" does not necessarily mean thte Gods are "weaker." I believe it means that the dragons' importance to the balance on Tyria is beyond the gods' grasp, meaning that they have no means to save Tyria should that balance be disrupted. They have no means to regulate said balance, hence the dragons are beyond them. I think they could easily dispose of the elder dragons, if they wanted to.

@kasoki.5180 said:
    That's great, because so far it was shown that no God levels of powers were needed to deal with Elder Dragons.

Exactly. The gods' magic is so powerful that - used in the world by them - has devastating effects, is what I meant.

• bOTEB.1573bOTEB.1573 Member ✭✭✭✭

What time usually happen the update?

Wishlist:
    Everything that kills me should be nerfed
    Remove all time gates - I play more than some people yet I receive the same rewards per day/week (PvP/WvW tickets etc)
    ANET developments/events and everything else should be in a schedule with the time I play

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Usually around 9am Pacific (ArenaNet) time.

• Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭

@bOTEB.1573 said:
    What time usually happen the update?

https://www.thatshaman.com/tools/countdown/

• i am looking at the https://www.thatshaman.com/tools/countdown/ for the next update just seems to be a day off on the countdown? should be at least another day for release or least 24 hours ?

@Sonja Teh Trapper.7012 said:
    i am looking at the https://www.thatshaman.com/tools/countdown/ for the next update just seems to be a day off on the countdown? should be at least another day for release or least 24 hours ?

When I look at it, it says 1 day 29 minutes; which is 9am Pacific time Tues., May 14th.

• Mist Shard Armor, coming to Guild Wars 2 tomorrow with War Eternal, the conclusion to Living World Season 4!

Stéphane Lo Presti
    Content Marketing Manager

• reddie.5861reddie.5861 Member ✭✭✭

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:
    Mist Shard Armor, coming to Guild Wars 2 tomorrow with War Eternal, the conclusion to Living World Season 4!

sure hope this armor has absolutely nothing to do with wvw.. the word mist scares me :(

• mrauls.6519mrauls.6519 Member ✭✭✭

Can someone help me understand what level Mist Shard Armor is? Ascended?

Twitch | YouTube

Dragonhunter main | Aspiring Herald

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@reddie.5861 said:

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:
    Mist Shard Armor, coming to Guild Wars 2 tomorrow with War Eternal, the conclusion to Living World Season 4!

sure hope this armor has absolutely nothing to do with wvw.. the word mist scares me :(

Highly unlikely. The Mists have been an integral part of the recent story and we are almost certainly going there in an instance tomorrow, with likely more Mist rifts leaking out into the new map/open world

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• @mrauls.6519 said:

We don't know yet, as that teaser is realy the only info we have.
    However, I can't imagine it's Ascended. The Elegy>Requiem armors were an exotic set (Elegy) and a set of skins. The closest previous parallell is the Carapace>Luminescent which iirc is Rare > Exotic.

• Erasculio.2914Erasculio.2914 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2019

The open belly and small cuts on the pants of the light armor, and the very big cut on the pants of the medium armor, feel like really gratuitous skin exposition to me.

At least the sondtrack is pretty :/

How about some anti eyes bleeding options? Here's the direct link to the concept.

• CETheLucid.3964CETheLucid.3964 Member ✭✭✭

@Erasculio.2914 said:

The open belly and small cuts on the pants of the light armor,

That's probably the heavy armor. Believe it goes heavy, medium, light. The light armor is probably the more conservative of the bunch.

I think they all look really good. I appreciate the different looks you can get with them being with or without crystals like the elegy and requiem armors. The medium armor in particular gives me a GW1 primeval armor vibe.

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭

@mrauls.6519 said:

If it helps, they mentionned "upgradeable" armor set, which seeing past trends of that past terminology would mean it starts at Exotic level, and onward to Ascended.

It's like either Rare and upgraded to Exotic, or Exotic and upgraded and stays Exotic.
    I doubt it is Ascended, but it will be known in a few hours.

• Hi all,
    do you know when will the patch applied in CET?

thanks very much.

• I have that question right now as well, Eagerly just opening and re-opening the lanucher over and over again, this is tearing me apart :s

• @Naxos.2503 said:

@mrauls.6519 said:

If it helps, they mentionned "upgradeable" armor set, which seeing past trends of that past terminology would mean it starts at Exotic level, and onward to Ascended.

To my knowledge they've never done exotic>ascended with armor...

edited May 14, 2019

@Stheel.5129 said:
    Hi all,

thanks very much.

@Mathilda.9632 said:
    I have that question right now as well, Eagerly just opening and re-opening the lanucher over and over again, this is tearing me apart :s

About 5 1/2 hours from now.

• @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Stheel.5129 said:
    Hi all,

thanks very much.

@Mathilda.9632 said:
    I have that question right now as well, Eagerly just opening and re-opening the lanucher over and over again, this is tearing me apart :s

Okay, thanks! Can you link me the source? Also, are you ready for the party?! SKYSCALE! HYPE! TRAGEDY! NOT-SO-HYPE-BUT-STILL-HYPE! <3 :p :3

• Scrysis.6279Scrysis.6279 Member ✭✭

@Lillis.9473 said:

@Urud.4925 said:

@Lillis.9473 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

Since that's the popular theory it's very easy to just bait everyone into thinking that :) Personally I'm not so sure anymore. But there are a couple other suspicious things, like not giving us the name of the map.

@Urud.4295 said:
    And thanks for the confirmation: death is not the end, but a new beginning... Aurene is gonna be awakened \0/

I think Aurene's death has transformed her into something beyond. Like Glint, she has entered a state beyond life and will play her part from there. She will never be revived and will never really be our Aurene again. She has gone past us.

Idk, it might be. But I remember that we destroyed the Glint's spear to avoid that Balthazar killed Kralk. We kept saving Kralk until we found the plan of the Exalted to replace him with Aurene. Killing him now, without her, would be quite lame. Unless some other new plan would come up, obviously.

I shall absorb the power! As commander, I believe I have the strength of will to survive it. It is only the dark energy of three elder dragons and an insane god.

ANET ANNOUNCES:
    Expansion 3: Reign of Terror
    You must fight the assembled forces of charr, sylvari, human, norn and asura to make the world your own while simultaneously surviving the machinations of the three remaining elder dragons.

I have been very angry with what they have done to Aurene, but your sense of humor has kept me smiling. Thank you.

Honestly, I'm not going to the mists to defeat Kralkatorrik; I'm going to get my dragon back.

• @Scrysis.6279 said:

@Lillis.9473 said:

@Urud.4925 said:

@Lillis.9473 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Urud.4295 said:

I shall absorb the power! As commander, I believe I have the strength of will to survive it. It is only the dark energy of three elder dragons and an insane god.

ANET ANNOUNCES:
    Expansion 3: Reign of Terror
    You must fight the assembled forces of charr, sylvari, human, norn and asura to make the world your own while simultaneously surviving the machinations of the three remaining elder dragons.

I have been very angry with what they have done to Aurene, but your sense of humor has kept me smiling. Thank you.

Honestly, I'm not going to the mists to defeat Kralkatorrik; I'm going to get my dragon back.

UwU! SO THEY ARE STILL GOING TO MAKE EXPANSION?! I THOUGHT THEY ANNOUNCE THAT PATH OF FIRE WAS GOING TO BE THE LAST EXPANSION.... ALSO, i agree with you on the thing with Aurene....I'm pretty sad and angry too...but probably mostly just angry.

Because they build her up to be something great for two expansions and two living world seasons. We even got a mastery section dedicated from her and they just killed her off like that without her ever doing anything significant when it comes to the story...(at least this is how I feel, and my opinion are my own of course!) :3

• I really wish ANet had pre-downloads. Let me download the update about two days early so that I won't have to wait until they bring the servers down to implement it.

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mathilda.9632 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Stheel.5129 said:
    Hi all,

thanks very much.

@Mathilda.9632 said:

Okay, thanks! Can you link me the source? Also, are you ready for the party?! SKYSCALE! HYPE! TRAGEDY! NOT-SO-HYPE-BUT-STILL-HYPE! <3 :p :3

Source is every time they have done a patch. They never say when it will drop but almost every patch went live around 9ish AM for them (pacific time).

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.