Why can't we queue ranked with more than 1 other person

Jibz.2094

4 hours ago, Jibz.2094 said:

I just don't understand why they put the one person limit on ranked games. 

As I understand it, it's because they deemed that to be the limit size a pre-formed group can have before being thrown into queue with solo-queued people and still making a fair matchup.

If you throw a pre-formed party of 3+ people against solo queued people, the grouped team will have a much larger advantage as they're more coordinated. On the other hand, if matchmaking were to exclusively put parties of 3+ against other parties of the same size, not only would queue time for those parties take much longer, but queue time for solo-queueing people would also be longer due to not being able to count on those people partied up. That wouldn't be a problem if the PvP population was in a healthy place, but as it stands the population is so low that the large amount of bots currently present could arguably be considered a good thing.

On top of that, it's easier to manipulate MMR with large pre-formed groups. If you make a 5-person party with 2 high-platinum rank players and 3 silver/bronze players, matchmaking will average you at high-silver or low-gold, and put you against players of such ranks. The two high-plat players can easily carry in that scenario.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Hirosama Nadasaki.6792 said:

As I understand it, it's because they deemed that to be the limit size a pre-formed group can have before being thrown into queue with solo-queued people and still making a fair matchup.

If you throw a pre-formed party of 3+ people against solo queued people, the grouped team will have a much larger advantage as they're more coordinated. On the other hand, if matchmaking were to exclusively put parties of 3+ against other parties of the same size, not only would queue time for those parties take much longer, but queue time for solo-queueing people would also be longer due to not being able to count on those people partied up. That wouldn't be a problem if the PvP population was in a healthy place, but as it stands the population is so low that the large amount of bots currently present could arguably be considered a good thing.

On top of that, it's easier to manipulate MMR with large pre-formed groups. If you make a 5-person party with 2 high-platinum rank players and 3 silver/bronze players, matchmaking will average you at high-silver or low-gold, and put you against players of such ranks. The two high-plat players can easily carry in that scenario.

Yeah but i just want to play pvp with my friends together in a structured environment that isn't unranked.

3 minutes ago, Terrorsquad.2349 said:

Team Ranked should be back to promote teamplay

Its wild that this even has to be said. Team ranked should involve team play. It's like saying football should include a ball. Here's to hoping. I've never really posted on forums. For a long time. I am starting to get more vocal though, because the game mode need attention. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aktium.9506 said:

Sure. Let's bring back the proper Solo Queue/Team Queue split again.

I'll have a laugh when Team Queue is nothing but the top three teams farming everyone and queue dodging each other and going 120-0 again.

Who cares at least i will be able to play with my friends

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Jibz.2094 said:

This is clearly not true. If playing with your friends is all that mattered, you'd be fine with unranked. But you've already told us you don't want to do that (and I don't blame you).

There are two alternatives if team queue comes back: (1) you and your friends are actually not that good, and your ranked matches are going to look a lot like unranked anyways, or (2) you and your friends are actually decent, and you'll be struggling for scraps while seeing the top brackets utterly dominated by the same teams (and their alt account versions, and their wintrade versions). 

Either way, you're probably not going to see the "quality games" you're looking for.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jibz.2094 said:

You would also likely be spending more time queueing than playing as well. Or queue into the same high tier premades that farm you again and again. The vast majority of players prefer solo queue and wouldn't play team queue if you brought it back.

You really should look into doing ATs with your friends. Assuming you all work 9-5 jobs you should be able to catch the two ATs in the evening before midnight.

1-5 q in ranked would be totally fine, I remember back in the day it worked for a big majority of the players, even when you hit as soloq a 5 man q you was able to win, because most players still have no clue how this game works and better players just win, 5 man q or not. 

You could design the q that from the 5 man q the highest rating is counting and searching for that, having 3 min q looking for other team and than spreading q for everyone, we would in general find more games and boosting friends wouldn't be that easy because 1 with plat 2 rating would run into 5 plats and not be able to carry easily, maybe with good commands. 

At the highest rating people would start only team q and I think this could be a bit boring, because 1 team would stomp them all, but probably even there it gets interesting when just the bois q up togheter 

Anet decided to leave it to the community. Not realizing mob rule is foolish moronic rule. They voted out team queue's in ranked these are the same people that would vote entire traitlines out of pvp, there's a remove scourge out of pvp thread with 12 likes.

12 god kitten morons who would rather remove more content out of pvp then learn liked the OP post, and Anet has been balancing for these people ever since, and people wonder why pvp is dead. It's because you patching for people who do not care about pvp and there only mode for pvp is to cry about things they die about.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

this community is so fuked 

go unranked with 5 people and people will flame you

ask where that second vote is (they wanted to test duoq and soloq and 5manqs and make votes) never happened bigegr meme than alliances at this point

bots never getting banned

wintraders getting rewarded for wintrading instead of getting banned

like nothing makes sense this is big bs with the big vocal community and the little peepos left at anet that wants to be friends with those guys instead of punishing them for misconduct.

Meanwhile some random dude noone knows will get banned for buying karma weapons and selling them ...

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

This is clearly not true. If playing with your friends is all that mattered, you'd be fine with unranked. But you've already told us you don't want to do that (and I don't blame you).

There are two alternatives if team queue comes back: (1) you and your friends are actually not that good, and your ranked matches are going to look a lot like unranked anyways, or (2) you and your friends are actually decent, and you'll be struggling for scraps while seeing the top brackets utterly dominated by the same teams (and their alt account versions, and their wintrade versions). 

Either way, you're probably not going to see the "quality games" you're looking for.

Nah dude you're overthinking it.I didn't read everything you said lmao but i literally want to play ranked queue with more than 1 other person im not sure what you dont understand

• Confused 3

6 hours ago, Aktium.9506 said:

You would also likely be spending more time queueing than playing as well. Or queue into the same high tier premades that farm you again and again. The vast majority of players prefer solo queue and wouldn't play team queue if you brought it back.

You really should look into doing ATs with your friends. Assuming you all work 9-5 jobs you should be able to catch the two ATs in the evening before midnight.

I work 8-5 and nah AT's are trash. Once its over i cant play with them anymore? This is like the worst game design i have ever heard of lol.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

Pretty sure you have the answer to your question if you think 2mins about it

It has been a couple days i still dont have an answer explain it to me in 20 words or less or else i wont read your post like voltaicbore's

• Confused 4