Why can't we queue ranked with more than 1 other person

Jibz.2094

1 hour ago, Exile.8160 said:

For the coming EoD Team Q and Solo Q need to be thing.

1. A higher player base will be present on amd off realese.

2. People will want to play with new/old friends at the same time. 

Finally someone else gets it

5 hours ago, Jibz.2094 said:

Finally someone else gets it

Yes. And Duo queue needs to be removed entirely. The Matchmaker does a terrible job balancing teams with and without premade chunks. It makes sense to allow groups of 5 to fight groups of 5 premades. It makes sense to match solo players against solo players. What doesn't make sense is matching a partially coordinated team against an entirely uncoordinated one. If 1 team has a duo and the other doesn't generally the win rate is higher for the duo. I'm sure there's data to back it up.

Though i would also argue the MM doesn't work properly when it allows players to swap classes. I think queuing as a different character than the one you're currently playing should be fine, but you should have to tell the MM what you're playing before hand so its algorithms can actually work, not swap last minute. I feel the MM would eventually learn optimal comps and yield them, but if it didn't, then queuing as a role should be required.

Edited by Firebeard.1746

I'm playing one of the MOBAs. It used to have separate solo and team queue. The latter was really troubled, so eventually they got merged into a single ranked mode. Ever since it's considered a joke. Not terrible, but random. There are regular threads to ban parties from ranked.

The problem with premades is that you don't know how much synergy they have. The game can have statistics about how better a winrate teams have compared to solos, and then adjust MMR accordingly. Still, you could queue up a friend without any coordination, or you can go tryhard, go on Discord, adapt to each other's style, and of course fix hero combinations. On top of that, mentioned here earlier, teams may have varying skills, but on top of that, each hero carries differently; a platinum on a healer can't carry his silver friend, while said platinum on an abuse hero can single handedly 1v5 repeatedly and offset his friend being a liability. Well, not that bad, but you get the point. And in order to avoid boosts, on top of the existing team penalty said silver will also be considered plat for MM purposes. So again, if they aren't actually Master smurfs, they'll not have fun. I refuse to party up. Did some, lost most, people got angry, no thanks.

Hence, what happened, is that coordinated teams still stomp badly (especially in quick match) while friendly casuals get stomped due to the MMR penalty.

The best thing a game can do is stability. You may not like the inability to play with friends, but it's clear you can't and I suppose most enjoy it for its fairness. Flip it around, and virtually everybody currently playing it will be unhappy, while a few people might return or pick it up.

• Like 2

Dota allows 5 man premades in ranked they just dont allow 4 man premades, dota is a 5v5 game meant for team play and even valve understand how dumb it was to remove premades out of queue.

Even tho morons asked for it every game company in the world ignored this suggestion because they knew its was people who either:

A : Sucked at the game.

B : Sucked at the game and want other to suck with them.

C : Can't find friends because of how much they suck.

D : Can't find friends because of there kitten attitude.

E : A real attempt to destroy the competitive community because they can't compete.

There is no reason to want parties outside of queue outside of personal reasons all those for it are simply mad because they can't win and when a change is put in because people can't win in game so people vote to win the battle outside the game the change is bad.

This community is stained by that decision and because of it no one will ever take PvP seriously GW2 is a joke in the greater mmo world for competitive stuff and its community is notorious for being 3 levels above the average snowflake.

I really hope you guys understand how others talk about this community because LOL its horrible and its true most of it most of the time.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Dota allows 5 man premades in ranked they just dont allow 4 man premades, dota is a 5v5 game meant for team play and even valve understand how dumb it was to remove premades out of queue.

Even tho morons asked for it every game company in the world ignored this suggestion because they knew its was people who either:

E : A real attempt to destroy the competitive community because they can't compete.

There is no reason to want parties outside of queue outside of personal reasons all those for it are simply mad because they can't win and when a change is put in because people can't win in game so people vote to win the battle outside the game the change is bad.

This community is stained by that decision and because of it no one will ever take PvP seriously GW2 is a joke in the greater mmo world for competitive stuff and its community is notorious for being 3 levels above the average snowflake.

I really hope you guys understand how others talk about this community because LOL its horrible and its true most of it most of the time.

Finally someone else gets it. Seriously. Its amazing how people can defend duo queue. Imagine playing a team based game and not wanting to play with a team of your friends? Such a joke lmao.

Its a MMO. Why does it restrict you from playing with FRIENDS

Edited by Jibz.2094
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Aphandra.9672 said:

I'm playing one of the MOBAs. It used to have separate solo and team queue. The latter was really troubled, so eventually they got merged into a single ranked mode. Ever since it's considered a joke. Not terrible, but random. There are regular threads to ban parties from ranked.

The problem with premades is that you don't know how much synergy they have. The game can have statistics about how better a winrate teams have compared to solos, and then adjust MMR accordingly. Still, you could queue up a friend without any coordination, or you can go tryhard, go on Discord, adapt to each other's style, and of course fix hero combinations. On top of that, mentioned here earlier, teams may have varying skills, but on top of that, each hero carries differently; a platinum on a healer can't carry his silver friend, while said platinum on an abuse hero can single handedly 1v5 repeatedly and offset his friend being a liability. Well, not that bad, but you get the point. And in order to avoid boosts, on top of the existing team penalty said silver will also be considered plat for MM purposes. So again, if they aren't actually Master smurfs, they'll not have fun. I refuse to party up. Did some, lost most, people got angry, no thanks.

Hence, what happened, is that coordinated teams still stomp badly (especially in quick match) while friendly casuals get stomped due to the MMR penalty.

The best thing a game can do is stability. You may not like the inability to play with friends, but it's clear you can't and I suppose most enjoy it for its fairness. Flip it around, and virtually everybody currently playing it will be unhappy, while a few people might return or pick it up.

Nah man team queue would be better in gw2

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Sorry but you're portraying it like it was the fault of the playerbase. I have been playing on and off since the release of the game mostly in spvp and arenaNet promised a competitive scene with esports and stuff. Many many months after the release, NOTHING was done to promote any competitive environment besides instant tournament. All the good pvpers left as nothing was done 1 year after. I don't say it's easy to have a competitive scene for a MMORPG but arenanet clearly had others priorities.

There was one championship in 2016 that Denial Esports won, it was the biggest thing arenanet did for spvp but it was a one time thing. Nothing was ever done after that. The only competitive MMORPG still alive is wow because blizzard INVESTS in esport events, make some tournaments for pvp players to hype the mode. If nothing was done from Blizzard, wow pvp would be in a poor state. (It now is because the game is a joke but until MOP, it was handled pretty well)

So truth is, the one that cares about spvp ranked 5manQ  , esport, competitiveness aren't playing gw2 anymore. (or a very small portion of what it was)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

Sorry but you're portraying it like it was the fault of the playerbase. I have been playing on and off since the release of the game mostly in spvp and arenaNet promised a competitive scene with esports and stuff. Many many months after the release, NOTHING was done to promote any competitive environment besides instant tournament. All the good pvpers left as nothing was done 1 year after. I don't say it's easy to have a competitive scene for a MMORPG but arenanet clearly had others priorities.

There was one championship in 2016 that Denial Esports won, it was the biggest thing arenanet did for spvp but it was a one time thing. Nothing was ever done after that. The only competitive MMORPG still alive is wow because blizzard INVESTS in esport events, make some tournaments for pvp players to hype the mode. If nothing was done from Blizzard, wow pvp would be in a poor state. (It now is because the game is a joke but until MOP, it was handled pretty well)

So truth is, the one that cares about spvp ranked 5manQ  , esport, competitiveness aren't playing gw2 anymore. (or a very small portion of what it was)

Worst take i have ever seen. Literally reread what you just wrote out loud and put it on youtube so i can see you do it.

No esports players = no one wants team queue???????????????????????????????????????????? How does that make any sense whatsoever LMAO

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jibz.2094 said:

Worst take i have ever seen. Literally reread what you just wrote out loud and put it on youtube so i can see you do it.

No esports players = no one wants team queue???????????????????????????????????????????? How does that make any sense whatsoever LMAO

I was talking about a competitive mode dying because it wasn't hyped, wasn't taken care of. Why do you think dota 2 increases its playerbase by 30% after the international? A competitive mode needs better players to hype it and make casual wanna play it.

I dont think you understand that a game mode being in a bad state = less players = less players queuing as 5man = 20 mins que and unbalanced matchs. It makes sense if you think about it. 

• Like 1

First thing anet needs to do is to revive pvp population, otherwise 5q won’t work for sure. If u have at least 5 iq, u would realize this fact. And reviving population is so hard and nearly impossible unless anet decides to add some alternative pvp mode which attracts players. Ex) battle ground in hearthstone. 
 I really think pvp in gw2 is already too late tho () 

1 hour ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Play ATs

Apparently that's not enough for him.

Frankly I'd rather see him and his friends uninstall at this point. I'd explain why, but this is probably the limit of his capacity to read.

For anyone else still reading, for the record I think team queue should exist in ranked, separately from solo queue. Hopefully one day there will be enough population to support decent team queue times, but right now there probably isn't. If the solo and team queues are initially combined, that would result in the matchmaker consistently throwing full premades against solo players, with all the same mmr weirdness. Just bad.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012
  • Like 1

5-man team queue for ranked, means balance and ranked matches still being competitive.
So, you shouldn't allow 5-man premade team to fight a none 5 men premade team.

Otherwise the match up won't be balanced and any change in ranks after this match would have no sense. The5-man premade teamthaving such a huge advantage.

So, this mean a 5-man premade team Q only.
And because the PvP community is so small, this means a very long waiting queue.

You can mix the queue and allow 5-man premade team in the same queue as solo players, only in an unranked environment.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

5-man team queue for ranked, means balance and ranked matches still being competitive.
So, you shouldn't allow 5-man premade team to fight a none 5 men premade team.

Otherwise the match up won't be balanced and any change in ranks after this match would have no sense. The5-man premade teamthaving such a huge advantage.

So, this mean a 5-man premade team Q only.
And because the PvP community is so small, this means a very long waiting queue.

You can mix the queue and allow 5-man premade team in the same queue as solo players, only in an unranked environment.

Ok well check all of the other threads about matchmaking issues. MM is so bad why eliminate people playing with their friends in a MMO LOL

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

Apparently that's not enough for him.

Frankly I'd rather see him and his friends uninstall at this point. I'd explain why, but this is probably the limit of his capacity to read.

For anyone else still reading, for the record I think team queue should exist in ranked, separately from solo queue. Hopefully one day there will be enough population to support decent team queue times, but right now there probably isn't. If the solo and team queues are initially combined, that would result in the matchmaker consistently throwing full premades against solo players, with all the same mmr weirdness. Just bad.

You uninstall first. QQ more. 

Plus the matchmaker already blows massive dong. Sorry i just want to consistently play with my friends. This community is insufferable 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Jibz.2094 said:

Ok well check all of the other threads about matchmaking issues. MM is so bad why eliminate people playing with their friends in a MMO LOL

Because ranked structured PVP in GW2 isn't MMO at all !
It's not massive !

It's bare, limited. Arena Net did fail creating a huge esport/competitive community.
Don't except it to come back.

Wanna play with your friends, there is unranked and AT.
Wanna play a competitive game mode with your friend ? Switch game, nothing there.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, WUROCKET.5182 said:

It should at least be bumped up to 3-man groups, imo. 

And to all the people thinking they will be stomped by premades.. there is nothing stopping you from forming a premade in Map chat and hopping on discord together... you may actually make some friends.

There is everything stopping people.

1/ Time schedule

2/ Random are still random, even if you pick them before
3/ SoloQ was always more pledged than TeamQ
4/ Team Arena were removed from GW1 when Random Arena still exist.
5/ Twitch and streaming are mainly solo activity
6/ Join and Drop Mentality

• Like 2