HOPEFUL WILLBENDER CHANGES

Trevvster.6938

This is my 1st time ever posting hope devs give it a look at least

Willbender Virtues have been poor, especially in 1v1 or small scale fights like 2v2 & 3v3, and in combat against very mobile targets.

However, Willbender + Crashing Courage + Shattered Aegis + multi-hit AoE skills ripping up stacked groups in WvW.

Virtues don't last long and generally need to improve, heres my solution:

Virtues Now work on initiative or mana or energy with very low cds (which ever one that works)

Adds F4 virtue- Space Manipulation

VIRTUES

F1- Rushing Justice

Increase the range to 600

Gain 1sec of quickness

Speed up impact damage

Upon F1 hitting corrupt 2or3 boons and float target for one sec

Damage and cd stays the same

Willbender flames pulses

Bring back passive

F2-Flowing Resolve

Increase range to 600

Increase evade to 2 secs

Pulse Heal on activation (600)

Gain one sec of super speed after activation

Remove movement impairing conditions

Willbender flames pulses

Bring passive back.

F3- Crashing Courage

Increase range to 900

teleport slamming the ground knocking down anyone in that symbol

Also a blast finisher

Field pulses granting boons on willbender. (Aegis Stability 4 secs)

Willbender flames pulses

Bring passive back

F4- SPACE MAIPULATION

Passive- gain initiative or mana or energy

Create an entry portal at your location that teleports allies to your exit portal.

Range 5000

Weapon Skills

Off hand Sword

Executioners Calling

Teleport to the back of foe striking foe. (2000dmg)

After activating user can teleport back to original spot

Range 600

Advancing Strike

Increase the range to 600

And gain quickness

Puts Elite or Heal Skills on cd for 10secs

Minor Traits

Righteous Sprint

Movement speed 25%

Gain swiftness when virtues are activated

Gain 10% damage with swiftness

Lethal Tempo

Increase Lethal tempo to 8secs and damage to 5%

Grand Traits

Boon Pact

Concentration +240 Duration

Gain Superspeed on Physical Skills

Power for power

-240 Toughness

+240 power

Gain Lethal Tempo on weapon skills

Conceited Curate

Healing power +240

Healing to other – 33%

Virtues regeneration on activation

Restorative Virtues

Activating Another virtue reduces the initial virtues cooldown time by remaining duration

Also gain alacrity

Holy Reckoning  

Willbender Flames Increase damge and heals when they hit enemy

Also F Skills Gains field effects (combo effects stick to User)

F1- Creates fire field

F2 – Creates a water Field

F3 – Creates a dark field

Vanguard Tactics

Stays the same

Phoenix Protocol

All skills including virtues, weapons, heals and elites gets an extra activation charge (maximum count +1)

Tyrants momentum

Stays the same

Remove cd from virtues

Deathless courage

Works the same but user takes no damage at 30% of health

Utilities

Heal Reversal of Fortune

Works the same o no bugs but gains access to a 600 teleport and stun ( if that teleport is used heal cd is increased to 45s) (this teleport and stun will be available for 5 sec)

Flash Combo

Shadow step to target stunning and blinding foes, then gain access to repose 10secs

Whirling Light

Stays the Same but increase damage

Heel Crack

Stays the same but adds 2 sec float

Rolling Light

Stays the Same

Heaven Palms

Stays the same but it’s a blast finisher and a teleport 600 range, ammo count 2

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Mana and iniciative belong to rev and thief.

Virtues need to proc on each hit after being cast with an ICD of 1 sec. Meaning when you activate the virtue you get max 6 procs on a 6s activation. Adjust the strengh of the passive accordenlly. 

Have them synergize with non willbender traits and better animations.

Thats all virtues need.

Edited by Exile.8160
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 8/23/2021 at 1:49 PM, Exile.8160 said:

Mana and iniciative belong to rev and thief.

Virtues need to proc on each hit after being cast with an ICD of 1 sec. Meaning when you activate the virtue you get max 6 procs on a 6s activation. Adjust the strengh of the passive accordenlly. 

Have them synergize with non willbender traits and better animations.

Thats all virtues need.

Willbender is very dependent on their virtues activating consistently , the fact that there is a cd on the virtues and after activating a virtue i have to hit a foe 5 times for it to proc , (this makes no sense, willbender is being punished twice for using its virtues which very weak and isnt rewarding ) the class doesn't feel that different because its very dependent on guardian traits 

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Why mana or Initiative? 

To make it even more a copy of Shirt revenant or thief? 😂

This Reminds me of someone that said that so many things (like stealth) got stealed from thief but at the same time wanted clones for New thief e spec. Lol.

those other classes has blocks which suppose to be a guard thing, I only think that because willbender is dependant on virtues it needs something more, what ever that is its up to the devs. Just Hoping in all the feed back i gave they would at least see an idea in this.

• Confused 2

15 hours ago, Trevvster.6938 said:

Willbender is very dependent on their virtues activating consistently , the fact that there is a cd on the virtues and after activating a virtue i have to hit a foe 5 times for it to proc , (this makes no sense, willbender is being punished twice for using its virtues which very weak and isnt rewarding ) the class doesn't feel that different because its very dependent on guardian traits 

Dont think you understood me. I sugested that the 5 hit requirement be removed and replace by after activating the virture it procs on every hit but with a 1 ICD (internal cooldown) so if the proc virtue last 6s and you hit evrything in those 6 seconds you'll get 6 passive procs as a max. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 9:08 AM, Exile.8160 said:

Dont think you understood me. I sugested that the 5 hit requirement be removed and replace by after activating the virture it procs on every hit but with a 1 ICD (internal cooldown) so if the proc virtue last 6s and you hit evrything in those 6 seconds you'll get 6 passive procs as a max. 

ohh , kk well its in the dev hands hopefully there are some ideas they can balance around

All the Adept tier have to change. They are unimaginative.  At least make something like  , gain 5% damage reduction for 5 second after a successful dodge/block or something .    Boon duration is the last thing I have in mind when looking at Willbender skill sets, unless you do shout or something. But a shout Willbender.... you might as well go FB or core.

• Like 1

I really like the idea (that several others have had) of keeping the virtues active indefinitely until the next one is activated, more like a stance, and having a secondary attack once the virtue is active. So the first activation is more like a passive and the second skill (WB flames) is active with a cooldown. I think that would make for much more engaging gameplay and be different enough to feel like a unique elite spec. I'd prefer if Willbender Flames were completely reworked. I don't like the ground targeting of these skills for what is suppose to be a mobile class. I'd love it if WB flames pulsed from the Guardian, sort of like Zealot's Flame, but with different effects based on the virtue. I'd like to see burn added to all the WB flames, or be renamed, because flames that don't burn don't make sense. There are no other Guardian flame related skills that don't burn.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Trevvster.6938 said:

hope you feeling the same after seeing the other 3 specs 😁

ur joking right :P. The 3 just shown aint as over the top.

none of the new elites have Anywhere near the same access to this many effects as u've put here, also ur directly removing the trade offs put in place for the proffession.. where these all have several trade offs and pretty harsh ones at that.

ur changes would put Willbender closer to PoF Speccs.. which are far above the 3 revealed

i think this is a wee over the top.

Willbender defintly needs adjustments and buffs, but it doesnt need to gain this quantity of power creep.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

At best, some numbers may get tweaked. Otherwise, I don't expect a big change in how it works or plays. It's funny though ... because I can't help but think if this was the espec released at HoT, PVP people would have been jumping off the walls because of all the mobility it offers. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

At best, some numbers may get tweaked. Otherwise, I don't expect a big change in how it works or plays. It's funny though ... because I can't help but think if this was the espec released at HoT, PVP people would have been jumping off the walls because of all the mobility it offers. 

Anything that's not Core Guardian is hype :3 Except we could probably already rank this particular elite spec among the current meta and say it's no where near being a 5th pick for AT's.

On 8/25/2021 at 8:08 AM, Exile.8160 said:

I wouldn't mind a "Permeating Wrath" trait for F3 (better than the other trait options...). Activation hits are now 3 instead of 5 with the caveat that F3 boons no longer apply to teamates. I feel the entire elite spec is based off of the new virtue mechanics....  yet we have very little build options for them.

10 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Anything that's not Core Guardian is hype :3 Except we could probably already rank this particular elite spec among the current meta and say it's no where near being a 5th pick for AT's.

I wouldn't mind a "Permeating Wrath" trait for F3 (better than the other trait options...). Activation hits are now 3 instead of 5 with the caveat that F3 boons no longer apply to teamates. I feel the entire elite spec is based off of the new virtue mechanics....  yet we have very little build options for them.

why should it hit to activate, virtues are basically signets and the willbender forces players to use those virtues constantly and the payoff isnt significant 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

ur joking right :P. The 3 just shown aint as over the top.

none of the new elites have Anywhere near the same access to this many effects as u've put here, also ur directly removing the trade offs put in place for the proffession.. where these all have several trade offs and pretty harsh ones at that.

ur changes would put Willbender closer to PoF Speccs.. which are far above the 3 revealed

i think this is a wee over the top.

Willbender defintly needs adjustments and buffs, but it doesnt need to gain this quantity of power creep.

the idea here is to give multiple ideas for the willbender, its  mechanic is lackluster, especially after seeing the other specs. Are we really accepting the willbender mechanics. It needs wayyyy more

Anet needs to ask themselves that what is it that the Willbender can do that  the core/DH guardians could not.   If it is pursuing and bursting enemy in a bruiser style,   DH does it just fine and much more efficient.  DH can do range, can do some support, can pursue, can pull and can melee bust you to hell.  Willbender does none of those things well aside from extra dashes and aoe that aint hitting anything that moves.   Playing willbender is like playing core guardian in hard mode.

• Like 3

On 8/23/2021 at 10:49 AM, Exile.8160 said:

The virtues with an icd would be utter trash even if you buffed them outrageously.

On 8/25/2021 at 3:08 PM, Exile.8160 said:

I like this. However, it messes with Permeating Wrath a bit.

My take would have been the following, however:
F1 - as it on Willbender
F2 - just regenerate some decent health per sec for the duration (for disengaging)

F3 - stability+aegis pulse every 2ish secs + some amount of barrier every 5 attacks. (So pulse is better for fighting single targets but still would get defensive rewards for attacking (multiple targets))

But your proposal looks simpler.

Then fix animation and traits, obviously (especially Adept line, but I dont like the Grandmaster too much, either. Maybe keep the alacrity).

38 minutes ago, TheRealGorthaur.1796 said:

I like this. However, it messes with Permeating Wrath a bit.

My take would have been the following, however:
F1 - as it on Willbender
F2 - just regenerate some decent health per sec for the duration (for disengaging)

F3 - stability+aegis pulse every 2ish secs + some amount of barrier every 5 attacks. (So pulse is better for fighting single targets but still would get defensive rewards for attacking (multiple targets))

But your proposal looks simpler.

Then fix animation and traits, obviously (especially Adept line, but I dont like the Grandmaster too much, either. Maybe keep the alacrity).

I think willbender needs more its mechanics are too basic, at least add another virtue give more buttons to press

Lets face it, the willbender flame is just a different version of symbols,  aka  a fixed area on the ground that ticks damage and maybe some sort of effects. Yes, they literally gave us 3 new symbols and short active effects in exchange for the passive effect.  the so-called tradeoff.

All of us who play guardians over the years know how hard it is to keep enemy in the symbol for full effect.  And even if you cc or root to keep things in it, the next question what rewards do we get out?    Symbol can be powerful if we trait for it, and the inate boons are nice. The rewards seem reasonable.

However, the willbender flame is a much more lack luster version of symbols.  And lets forget about the clunky clumpsy animation for now.

For the most part, they are lines.  yes, lines.  One step aside  and enemy gets out of it.  F2 is the worst in this regard.  Unless you hit a prop boss, good luck reaping the full effect.  The damage ticks are completely trivial even if traited.   You might get some hit in conquest pvp fighting on capture points but otherwise completely useless.   Pretty much you have to bank on the active effects.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 7:10 PM, quaniesan.8497 said:

Lets face it, the willbender flame is just a different version of symbols,  aka  a fixed area on the ground that ticks damage and maybe some sort of effects. Yes, they literally gave us 3 new symbols and short active effects in exchange for the passive effect.  the so-called tradeoff.

All of us who play guardians over the years know how hard it is to keep enemy in the symbol for full effect.  And even if you cc or root to keep things in it, the next question what rewards do we get out?    Symbol can be powerful if we trait for it, and the inate boons are nice. The rewards seem reasonable.

However, the willbender flame is a much more lack luster version of symbols.  And lets forget about the clunky clumpsy animation for now.

For the most part, they are lines.  yes, lines.  One step aside  and enemy gets out of it.  F2 is the worst in this regard.  Unless you hit a prop boss, good luck reaping the full effect.  The damage ticks are completely trivial even if traited.   You might get some hit in conquest pvp fighting on capture points but otherwise completely useless.   Pretty much you have to bank on the active effects.

very true