Why doesn't GW2 have the option of 1x1 duels??

16 minutes ago, Savoren.3910 said:

ESO has the option to opt out of getting duel requests, yet WoW still doesn't have any way to do the same despite having dueling since its launch. Blocking a player doesn't prevent him from sending duel requests either.

Neither of those are a regular thing that comes witih dueling systems. Even if Anet were to add dueling, there is no guarantee for them to add an option opt out of getting duel requests.

That's where you're wrong, because  ESO has opt out, and BDO has opt out.  Even FF14 has an option for duels but it's restricted to one area that you never really have to go to. WoW having something wrong with its dueling system does not a feature make.

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

That's where you're wrong, because  ESO has opt out, and BDO has opt out.  Even FF14 has an option for duels but it's restricted to one area that you never really have to go to. WoW having something wrong with its dueling system does not a feature make.

So they are wrong but said the same as you.

So you are wrong then right?

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Savoren.3910 said:

ESO has the option to opt out of getting duel requests, yet WoW still doesn't have any way to do the same despite having dueling since its launch. Blocking a player doesn't prevent him from sending duel requests either.

Neither of those are a regular thing that comes witih dueling systems. Even if Anet were to add dueling, there is no guarantee for them to add an option opt out of getting duel requests.

People specifically say this should be a thing if implemented in this game. Not only there's a workaround for the ""problem"" you've mentioned above, but people already talked about it. Meanwhile you pretend it can't be a thing because some other game doesn't have it, so it will be a problem. It doesn't have to be, clearly there are easy solutions here.

And yes, it is a regular thing that comes with dueling system.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

After so many pages the answer to the question is very clear to me now. It looks like 90% (I don't know the exact percentage, but that's what it looks like) of the players are against 1v1 duels in the open world. And only 10% of players (where am i included) like this option added to the game.
So there are two correct paths developers can choose:
1 - Totally ignore the 10% of players who would like to have the simple 1v1 duel option.
2 - Make 10% of the GW2 map in an area where the 1v1 duel option is allowed.
If option (1) is chosen it cannot escape from within the GW2 world because imagine a thought like this in the real world: Probably LGBTQ+ people (also a minority) would be ignored by their leaders and governments.
If option (2) is chosen... you 90% PVErs... please stay away from our area. First of all... because you can't see blood, right?. And secondly... our area will be small... but it will be OUR AREA and it will only be for players who know and like to fight enemies smarter than NPCs.

Edited by hatozeni.5721
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, hatozeni.5721 said:

After so many pages the answer to the question is very clear to me now. It looks like 90% (I don't know the exact percentage, but that's what it looks like) of the players are against 1v1 duels in the open world. And only 10% of players (where am i included) like this option added to the game.
1 - Totally ignore the 10% of players who would like to have the simple 1v1 duel option.
If option (1) is chosen it cannot escape from within the GW2 world because imagine a thought like this in the real world: Probably LGBTQ+ people (also a minority) would be ignored by their leaders and governments.
If option (2) is chosen... you 90% PVErs... please stay away from our area. First of all... because you can't see blood, right?. And secondly... our area will be small... but it will be OUR AREA and it will only be for players who know how to fight.

Duelists as a marginalised community; this thread never stops giving. Not only that, we’ve already started gatekeeping the imaginary Duelist sanctuary.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, hatozeni.5721 said:

If option (2) is chosen... you 90% PVErs... please stay away from our area. First of all... because you can't see blood, right?. And secondly... our area will be small... but it will be OUR AREA and it will only be for players who know and like to fight enemies smarter than NPCs.

Imagine trying to compare yourself to oppressed groups, that faced actual hardships and sometimes even violence, just because a business didn't cater to your super narrow and specific wants that would have been negatively by, by your own words not mine, 90% of the rest of the player-base.  And that "it'll be our area" part.  Yikes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I just play the game, so if dueling were to be implemented it probably would not bother my game play.

Greifing would probably be on issue. Just like the people that purposely grief RPer's. Plus the complaint threads about certain classes being to op to duel

The op should go back to shilling for those cryptocurrency mining games which are Pay(lots) to play to earn (little)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Wow 21 pages... Just had a random idea.  They could put dueling areas near the entrances of jumping puzzles.  They are out of the way and sometime people can use a distraction after repeatedly falling to their death because some leaf hid the edge of the platform you needed to get to.  Even with that I would still not endorse direct challenges.  You walk up to a guard and essentially get yourself flagged and the guard does the matchmaking or if two people want to fight each other you let the guard know and he will try to arrange it.

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Imagine trying to compare yourself to oppressed groups, that faced actual hardships and sometimes even violence, just because a business didn't cater to your super narrow and specific wants that would have been negatively by, by your own words not mine, 90% of the rest of the player-base.  And that "it'll be our area" part.  Yikes.

Yes, this thread is full of posts like "If I saw a duel in front of me I would quit the game" or "If you want to duel this game is not for you" or "Want to duel? Go to an instance and don't get in the way of my PVE" or "I am not required to see violence in Lion's Arch". (my god, "violence" hahaha). Well, as you can see my words in the last post make sense. A player who wants 1v1 in the open world is marginalized by PVErs enough to (when he wants to duel) have our own area on the map and (by all fairness) players who hate duels would not even be welcome as spectators. What is the logic error in my opinion?

• Confused 2

22 minutes ago, hatozeni.5721 said:

Yes, this thread is full of posts like "If I saw a duel in front of me I would quit the game" or "If you want to duel this game is not for you" or "Want to duel? Go to an instance and don't get in the way of my PVE" or "I am not required to see violence in Lion's Arch". (my god, "violence" hahaha). Well, as you can see my words in the last post make sense. A player who wants 1v1 in the open world is marginalized by PVErs enough to (when he wants to duel) have our own area on the map and (by all fairness) players who hate duels would not even be welcome as spectators. What is the logic error in my opinion?

The logic error in that opinion is comming from the fact that you seem to think "my wrong take on the issue is ok" just because "it's clear their claim is wrong" (and it is wrong, trying to claim that "seeing someone duel nearby is enough to make me quit the game" is dishonest and doesn't make much sense considering how combat/skills/player interaction works here).

It's just that their wrong take doesn't make your "they wouldn't be welcome!" correct. It just makes both of these claims wrong.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, hatozeni.5721 said:

I hope you will stay true to your word and stay away from our duel area, then.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480