Any way to get celestial exotic gear for cheap?

adormtil.1605

43 minutes ago, thehipone.6812 said:

This topic is still on the first page here:

I don't get the new player obsession with celestial gear.

If you're running a condi-based build it's not bad.  You give up probably around a quarter of your damage over time for a bit better burst in short fights and it has amazing sustain for any class with good self-healing.  You can also do some fun stuff with boon duration.

Besides, it's open world.  Does it really matter if I solo a champ in 40 seconds vs. 50 while being more survivable in both cases than I strictly need to be?  I go for fun and feel over maximum DPS in solo play and I don't think that's a bad way to go.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

If you can wait until next month for the Halloween festival, then you can get the lunatic armor which is stat selectable. 

Yea this is actually a pretty decent suggestion. You get a full set of stat selectable and some AP and its kinda fun too.

Also, remember if you are looking for info chances are the wiki has it. I was looking for more options for you just now and found this handy page.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment_acquisition_by_stats

5 hours ago, thehipone.6812 said:

It depends heavily on class I guess.

After Concentration and Expertise were added to it recently, low-defense classes like Ele benefit immensely from it. It also makes a good filler to round out your stats since it combines with literally anything.

Cele has all stats at equal to the minor stats of 4-stat sets. So if you take a set with Precision as minor, Celestial will have the same Precision, so its really not as bad as it seems, especially since the bulk of your damage comes from %damage modifiers, Might stacking, and other aspects of your overall build, not pure stats.

Its not optimal in PvE but it sees heavy use in competitive modes (so much it was banned from PvP). And for beginners, its hands-down the best set, far beyond Soldier's/PVT in terms of usefulness.

@ OP:

Here's a complete answer for you:

But I'll add that, a few more Celestial Exotic weapons (Axe and Torch, I believe), are now available from the Festival of the Four Winds at the Kodan merchant near the waypoint.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 9:54 AM, thehipone.6812 said:

I remember it well, all 9 years ago, lol.  It’s the sight of all of those stats increased across the board.  Plus the name makes it seem really special. I don’t think it’s a bad set, especially if you haven’t fully developed your play style yet.