nerf or remove stuns in pvp

geekiedude.4731

10 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

But let's face it. Hard CC's aren't a problem. This thread has no reasons to exist.

Im both a victim and a perpetrator of hard CCs and it's something I've learned to live with and counter if I can.

The title of this thread is "nerf or remove stuns in pvp"  because according to the OP in verbatim "it allows players with zero skill to win ranked pvp and get free wins"

I don't see the correlation between stunning your opponent for 2 seconds and getting free ranked wins. More than anything, it takes some amount of skill to complete a burst rotation that start with a CC, unlike pressing 5 for necro staff fear aoe. 

Btw, good ol necros have a 2 sec daze as well on their warhorn but I seldom see it in matches coz they don't need a measly 2 sec daze when they have gold mine of CCs. 

Instead of demanding stuns to be nerfed or removed, maybe he could have just asked how to counter instead of yet removing the diversity of the game coz it's inconvenient for some people. 

@Pimsley.3681 If it comes from a Necro at all, CC's are often used to waste their lifeforce, it's a natural counter to the profession and their mechanics since they can't stunbreak in Shroud.

Afterall it's also their job to make sure they balance out their ressources. If not wanting to put up with it. Gonna have to play something else. As a Hammer Revenant player, it's almost impossible to land anything without some form of CC unless having godlike predictions constantly, it's just part of the game.

Scourge is still weak to CC at a certain point but their barrier access makes burst follow up less effective while having utility access.

2 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

@Pimsley.3681 If it comes from a Necro at all, CC's are often used to waste their lifeforce, it's a natural counter to the profession and their mechanics since they can't stunbreak in Shroud.

Afterall it's also their job to make sure they balance out their ressources. If not wanting to put up with it. Gonna have to play something else. As a Hammer Revenant player, it's almost impossible to land anything without some form of CC unless having godlike predictions constantly, it's just part of the game.

Scourge is still weak to CC at a certain point but their barrier access makes burst follow up less effective while having utility access.

Yes, the fun part about this game is coming up with a strategy to counter overtuned builds/classes. It's quite challenging when I land my daze but immediately get run over by the golem 🙂

Against a scourge, I don't think Im talented enough to fight them melee so I swap to a glassier ranged build...or just play a ranger to counter completely and not be a burden to the team. 

Some of the best players I've encountered in-game play various Revenant builds. It's definitely not an easy class to master, at least for me. Glad you're playing with a Hammer. 

These cc threads complete nonsense.  All CC does no damage.  You aren't seeing 5k bulls charges and prime light beams anymore.  Almost all CC in the game is about 1-2 seconds.  It's not like other games where a 0 damage stun lasts for 4-6 seconds.  Cc in this game will open up opportunity for one maybe two follow up animations.

On 9/11/2021 at 4:17 AM, geekiedude.4731 said:

its stupid and absurd, it allows players with zero skill to win ranked pvp and get free wins
you shouldn't be allowed to cc chain at all, if you cant win without cc chains then you're just kitten, period.

either remove stuns from pvp entirely or make it so that you can only use 1 cc every so often,

and for those who think this is a bad idea, kitten, ur the type of person to play stunlock builds because ya got no skill.

this cc meta is kittening kitten and shouldnt be a thing, no one wants this.

and kittening nerf dodgeroll, it needs to have less kittening iframes, you shouldnt be allowed to just press v and automatically dodge 6 attacks in a row, thats kittening stupid and only people with no skill need that kind of kitten, a dodgeroll should only be used once in a while at rare opportune moments, with precision, not every single kittening fight, and remove sigil of energy while you're at it too.

and if anyone doesnt like these changes then kitten and go play ur stupid dark souls or whatever, only kitten players who cant pvp and like to ruin everything for others use stunlock builds and bs evasion

OP you cannot be taken seriously if you don't add "nerf or remove thief" to your nerf request..

mace + shield = 2 stuns, switch into hammer for 3s knockdown + knockback, get hit by burst move for another 3s stun, get bull charged for another 3s knockdown. that's 6 CC moves on warrior.  One might be inclined to take stomp as well for another CC move as well as a stunbreak. now take rune of the mesmer and sigil of paralyze. Its a bit like getting comboed in street fighter

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fipmip.7219 said:

mace + shield = 2 stuns, switch into hammer for 3s knockdown + knockback, get hit by burst move for another 3s stun, get bull charged for another 3s knockdown. that's 6 CC moves on warrior.  One might be inclined to take stomp as well for another CC move as well as a stunbreak. now take rune of the mesmer and sigil of paralyze. Its a bit like getting comboed in street fighter

Yeah I’ve done this is a total meme, you have essentially no true damage and you’re quite easily kited. Since the build has no damage whatsoever outside of double hammer 2 you can just stun break only if they’re on hammer.

Meanwhile whilst trying to land 130 range 1 sec cast times 0 damage skullcrack and backbreakers in a sea of blind and block and lines/rings, whilst everyone else is free to land skills on you which you know actually do damage.

Edited by ProverbsofHell.2307

33 minutes ago, Fipmip.7219 said:

Yeah I dont think that's the CC burst rotation the OP is wetting his bed over. 

The big problem is that they should have nerfed damage across the board, not just on a few select CC skills, only nerfing the cc damage just nerfs important tools of some builds while making more cheesy builds that don't rely on the cc specifically way stronger.

Take the Big ol' bomb for example, alot of engineer builds basically needed the damage on this ability and now the number of viable engineer builds is at an all time low and usually limited to some form of cheese.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

The big problem is that they should have nerfed damage across the board, not just on a few select CC skills, only nerfing the cc damage just nerfs important tools of some builds while making more cheesy builds that don't rely on the cc specifically way stronger.

They did nerf all the damage across the board. That's exactly why CC is stronger than its ever been.

If you go back through the patch notes the past nearly 2 years has been nothing but damage shaves, CD increases, removal of build options, and just nerfs in general.

Just start at 2/25/2020 and keep going and you'll see that the amount of actual buffs since then can be counted on 1 hand.

And that makes CC spam stronger because if you build super defensively and put in a bit of vitality and/or toughness, then you can easily make yourself immortal.

There's few if any damage threats and if you're spamming interrupts you aren't likely to even get hit by the few skills that actually do damage.

And increasing all the stunbreak CDs to a minimum of about 30 seconds really doesn't do any favors.

If anything; damage needs to be raised across the board, CDs need to be reduced, and CC skills need their damage back at least proportional to the skill being used.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

They did nerf all the damage across the board. That's exactly why CC is stronger than its ever been.

If you go back through the patch notes the past nearly 2 years has been nothing but damage shaves, CD increases, removal of build options, and just nerfs in general.

Just start at 2/25/2020 and keep going and you'll see that the amount of actual buffs since then can be counted on 1 hand.

And that makes CC spam stronger because if you build super defensively and put in a bit of vitality and/or toughness, then you can easily make yourself immortal.

There's few if any damage threats and if you're spamming interrupts you aren't likely to even get hit by the few skills that actually do damage.

And increasing all the stunbreak CDs to a minimum of about 30 seconds really doesn't do any favors.

If anything; damage needs to be raised across the board, CDs need to be reduced, and CC skills need their damage back at least proportional to the skill being used.

and yet people are still able to stack numerous 10%+ damage traits together, in the past you would usually only get 5% bonus damage from traits and not very often, it should not be surprising that damage goes crazy in light of this.

For example, in one warrior build you can crit for 4k with a skill and in another build, the same skill will hit for maybe 14k, that is how you end up cheesing the game through raw damage traits.

Edited by Stalima.5490

1 minute ago, Stalima.5490 said:

and yet people are still able to stack numerous 10%+ damage traits together, in the past you would usually only get 5% bonus damage from traits and not very often, it should not be surprising that damage goes crazy in light of this.

In the past damage multipliers were much worse than they are now. 

Warrior and Ranger for instance used to get a 10 or so % damage multiplier just because they felt like taking greatsword.

Plus, any multiplier for any skill lead to more damage then than they do now, because we have damage for ants now 😴

They were also addressed and fixed before the Everchosen brought about the End Times, so credit where credit is due.

24 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

For example, in one warrior build you can crit for 4k with a skill and in another build, the same skill will hit for maybe 14k, that is how you end up cheesing the game through raw damage traits.

What are you smoking? Are you seriously complaining that RIFLE WARRIOR is somehow OP??? WHAT?!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WUROCKET.5182 said:

What are you smoking? Are you seriously complaining that RIFLE WARRIOR is somehow OP??? WHAT?!

At this point... the posts on these forums have become so ludacris idk where to begin. If Anet did the opposite of everything posted on here, the game would legit be better. It's wild af. 

I'm so glad to see the forum so united against this take. Y'all make me so proud when you aren't trying to nerf shortbow. 

17 hours ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

At this point I think everything is smokescreen right now to try and divert attention from how necros of all stripes are overperforming and how long they've been doing so.

If this was a smokescreen attempt it's a poor one, because cc is one of the things that frustrates necros the most.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

10 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I'm so glad to see the forum so united against this take. Y'all make me so proud when you aren't trying to nerf shortbow. 

If this was a smokescreen attempt it's a poor one, because cc is one of the things that frustrates necros the most.

I think necro is so broken that even necro mains cant delude themselves into asking for buffs directly, so they ask for nerfs to what is good against them instead.
Nerf mobility btw !

• Haha 1