So... I guess never taking another weapon is going to be a thing

Yerlock.4678

Why would it be? We take Gunsabe and nothing else, because if we use say GS to roam around and get caught in combat...whoops! We're stuck in that one weapon that was never meant to be stayed on without weapon swap. So might as well never have another weapon, just to be safe 😄

Also the best Warrior trait without a doubt Fast Hands just got gutted... So might as well not take that trait line. Okay, that's fine. So now less mobility than before.. Okay, that's alright..?

Well Gunsabe isn't giving too much mobility in return. Also why even use pistol?? Can't synergize for weapon swap so... stuck with one limited weapon set. 

Anet is cutting off one of our arms while making the other more strong. But a two handed fighter is still better than a one handed one!

Edited by gmmg.9210
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

18 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Wait, why is Fast Hands gutted? It will lower the cooldown on swapping back into Gun Saber. I’m seeing a lot of overreaction based on misinformation in this forum…

Some people just straight up don't read.  And this forum's regulars are people that will absolutely just go back and forth with each other on their insane ideas.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Wait, why is Fast Hands gutted? It will lower the cooldown on swapping back into Gun Saber. I’m seeing a lot of overreaction based on misinformation in this forum…

"It will lower the cooldown on swapping back into Gun Saber."

Did we see it on Stream? Because i didnt.  (Thats an actual question)

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

21 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Well, I’m going off of precedent I suppose. The classes that lack a second weaponset (Elementalist/Engineer) have synergy with weapon swap effects upon changing attunement and/or going into a kit (in the case of Engineer). This thing reminds me of Holomode, which procs weapon swap effects upon entering and exiting it. I don’t see why this would work any differently. But you’re right, it wasn’t addressed directly in the stream.

Edited by crewthief.8649

3 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Well, I’m going off of precedent I suppose. The classes that lack a second weaponset (Elementalist/Engineer) have synergy with weapon swap effects upon changing attunement and/or going into a kit (in the case of Engineer). This thing reminds me of Holomode, which procs weapon swap effects upon entering it. I don’t see why this would work any differently. But you’re right, it wasn’t addressed directly in the stream.

As far as we know it seems to be more akin to a kit swap, which is probably why the CDs will initially be fairly long, but OP does *technically* have a point. Swapping to it, like engi kits, will still proc weapon swap effects but yes it is a concern if you end up getting stuck with the wrong weapon set out. You may end up with what is, essentially, double greatsword and you'll have very limited defensive options.

The bright side, I guess, to this is that Discipline isn't 100% required because you don't have weapon swap in combat anyway. The weapon swap traits and sigils that Warriors will still likely use do however still have ICDs (4 seconds) so thats still a consideration to make. I still foresee Shield being the mandatory offhand in PvP, though, just due to Shield Stance and Shield Bash is still a nice CC. It does seem that we lose the normal burst skills, though, so no Eviscerate on Axe MH. I just wonder if going into gunblade mode procs adrenaline traits. I didn't see it do that, but we'll just have to see in the beta.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gmmg.9210 said:

Why would it be? We take Gunsabe and nothing else, because if we use say GS to roam around and get caught in combat...whoops! We're stuck in that one weapon that was never meant to be stayed on without weapon swap. So might as well never have another weapon, just to be safe 😄

Wait, so you think you won't be able to swap to gunsaber in combat if you're using another weapon? It seems you didn't understand how it works. The gunsaber IS a secondary weaponswap in combat. If you have GS/rifle equiped and get caught in combat while you're using GS, now you have GS+gunsaber for that fight. If you're using rifle and go in combat, now you have rifle+gunsaber. Basically same way engie/ele weaponswaps work.

But sure, better complain "just in case" before you understand how it works in the first place.

And btw "we take gunsaber and nothing else" doesn't make sense, because you won't be equiping gunsaber. It's not an actual item/weapon in the game.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Yes, I looked back and the tooltip specifically says it is affected by things that affect weapon swap recharge. It’s really brief (so brief it took me several tries to pause the video on it so I could read it) so I’m not surprised most people missed it 🙂 

• Thanks 5

Honestly, this is making me a bit sad banner's weren't "improved" in a different direction. They could have converted the bundles into kits where initial activation equips the bundle and then either activating the skill again or swapping weapons stows the kit. Using the 5 skill would permanently drop the banner for the passive effect while increasing the cooldown on the kit to something like 60-80s, reducible by picking up the banner again.

Ok, so basically no one ever used the old bundles for fighting and taking one that worked as I described above would probably still be suboptimal. However, it would be kitten nice to have the flexibility of another weapon, even if it's a poor man's option.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, crewthief.8649 said:

I'd already mentioned this in another thread and was ignored, its like people can't read/ did not watch the same video. You can see that you can still swap between an equipped set and the gunsaber, so all our swap traits still work. 

I really can't wait to see what it the best weapon combo with gunsaber, what theories we come up with on release/beta testing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Wait, so you think you won't be able to swap to gunsaber in combat if you're using another weapon? It seems you didn't understand how it works. The gunsaber IS a secondary weaponswap in combat. If you have GS/rifle equiped and get caught in combat while you're using GS, now you have GS+gunsaber for that fight. If you're using rifle and go in combat, now you have rifle+gunsaber. Basically same way engie/ele weaponswaps work.

But sure, better complain "just in case" before you understand how it works in the first place.

And btw "we take gunsaber and nothing else" doesn't make sense, because you won't be equiping gunsaber. It's not an actual item/weapon in the game.

The real question is how will it work in sPVP, since ele and engi get locked out of their second weapon set when the match starts, but every other mode you can weapon swap per combat. So will warrior be special and get SPVP out of combat swap or be like the rest of the one weapon set classes. Then it comes the question why should ele and engi not be able to swap weapons out of combat if Bladesworn could.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

^ what that guy said^

I don't think bladesworn will be able to swap even out of combat in PvP, tho.

The downside of the spec is supposed to be that you won't get the benefits of 2 core weapon sets when it matters. I don't see Anet allowing bladesworn to use the mobility of one set in PvP and the combat power of another set when they arrive. Bladesworn will have to make a choice there,

Edited by Kodama.6453

7 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Yes, I looked back and the tooltip specifically says it is affected by things that affect weapon swap recharge. It’s really brief (so brief it took me several tries to pause the video on it so I could read it) so I’m not surprised most people missed it 🙂 

Good catch. I expected as much.

5 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I don't think bladesworn will be able to swap even out of combat in PvP, tho.

The downside of the spec is supposed to be that you won't get the benefits of 2 core weapon sets when it matters. I don't see Anet allowing bladesworn to use the mobility of one set I  PvP and the combat power of another set when they arrive. Bladesworn will have to make a choice there,

And that is my big concern here, since warrior does not have the option to supplement their build with a weapon bundles, how ever you look at it warrior will have the least versatility of weapon bundles compared to all classes even though it is supposed to be the weapon master class. The gunsaber has to be extremely strong for it to work, but we already have an example with Holo that giving too much power to one thing is not a good idea, there is also example with the previous warrior elites they started strong till the were not and they had hardly options to fall back on when the main mechanic got nerfed. 

17 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

The real question is how will it work in sPVP, since ele and engi get locked out of their second weapon set when the match starts, but every other mode you can weapon swap per combat. So will warrior be special and get SPVP out of combat swap or be like the rest of the one weapon set classes. Then it comes the question why should ele and engi not be able to swap weapons out of combat if Bladesworn could.  

Yup, that is the question. But whatever the answer will be, it still render's OP's "take" incorrect, because he'll still equip a weapon and he still will be able to swap between "whatever he picks" and gunsaber. 😛 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1