1vs1 off-season plsssss

It is time again, 

Dear anet, pls consider doing a different off-season this time, a 1vs1 season would fit perfect into this. 

With a 1vs1 season you can have:

- A perfect working matchmaker, since it only needs 1 more person to find against you, and you will get automatically a bigger player pool. Also a nice bonus, since it's only 1vs1 the rating will be quite accurate. 

- A big viraity in builds, no one needs to look out for a +1, no teamfights, every class can do a 1vs1 build for that. 

- many players that only doing duels is also a big reason, some of them stopped playing any kind of ranked/unranked and at's they only do 1vs1 in the ffa arena or in wvw, they would love to see some competition for their use. 

- maybe people will tryhard to show "yo mate I am the best pure duelist in this game" and in the end I bet a lot of people would enjoy that more than a scourge guard season again (tho I might be wrong after nerfs) 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Math.5123 said:

And how many decap druids did you see waiting for gas to kd into ancient seeds? 

None, because all the kitten builds were banned, which they won't be in ranked. 

Decap druid wasn't Banned and Decap Druid dies to heavy dps, which you can go because no thief/rev ever gonna + you ever 

2 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Decap druid wasn't Banned and Decap Druid dies to heavy dps, which you can go because no thief/rev ever gonna + you ever 

Decap druid, fire weaver, crev, prot holo, demo holo, symbol guard, thieves and necs were all banned

Edited by Filip.7463
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

1v1 season without a node to fight over will never end, and rangers will reign supreme. No thanks. 

That's why there is a fog death timer at the end of small arenas.

1v1 in 2v2 arenas would pan out a lot better than most people think. Like if you actually get a group of guys together and try it, it works well. People also put build template swapping to good use during the rounds. It has a good dynamic. It is surprisingly more balanced than you would think.

10 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

With a 1vs1 season you can have:

- A perfect working matchmaker, since it only needs 1 more person to find against you, and you will get automatically a bigger player pool. Also a nice bonus, since it's only 1vs1 the rating will be quite accurate. 

- A big viraity in builds, no one needs to look out for a +1, no teamfights, every class can do a 1vs1 build for that. 

- many players that only doing duels is also a big reason, some of them stopped playing any kind of ranked/unranked and at's they only do 1vs1 in the ffa arena or in wvw, they would love to see some competition for their use. 

- maybe people will tryhard to show "yo mate I am the best pure duelist in this game" and in the end I bet a lot of people would enjoy that more than a scourge guard season again (tho I might be wrong after nerfs) 

Could imagine a Thief and Mesmer duking it out? That would be fun. As a thief pvp main, I love fighting good mesmers lol.  

Also, the biggest team fights would be Mesmers versus Minion-mancers in 1v1 lol

7 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

That's why there is a fog death timer at the end of small arenas.

1v1 in 2v2 arenas would pan out a lot better than most people think. Like if you actually get a group of guys together and try it, it works well. People also put build template swapping to good use during the rounds. It has a good dynamic. It is surprisingly more balanced than you would think.

Which is why I said something like a decap druid stalling and pushing into gas would be the opposite of fun. 

10 minutes ago, Math.5123 said:

Which is why I said something like a decap druid stalling and pushing into gas would be the opposite of fun. 

2v2s are already like this where most matches go to timer and result in fearing or knockbacks into fog. 1v1 or 2v2 makes no difference in terms of how long a match takes to end or how it ends.

1v1 would be a great change of pace.

7 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

2v2s are already like this where most matches go to timer and result in fearing or knockbacks into fog. 1v1 or 2v2 makes no difference in terms of how long a match takes to end or how it ends.

1v1 would be a great change of pace.

And 2v2 is already a trash mode.