PSA: Dreambound weapons are limited to 1 per account

Pheex.8932

1 hour ago, Klowdy.3126 said:

Are the weapons single acquisition, or single ownership? Can you delete the weapon an get another one, or does your account just get a single chance?

Confident it's just one chance on your account. Otherwise you could just delete and work your way through the entire skin set.

• Like 1

As a VERY new player to the game I was under the assumption that the weapon, based on how similar items in other games work, was a per character item. My one and only character was around level 23 when the event started so, after doing a bit of research OUTSIDE of the game, I managed to figure out where to go to partake in the event and claim my weapon. Then, after enjoying and dying in the labyrinth a few times I figured I would take advantage of the event and get a second brand new character to level 10. Again, as a new player to the game, I wasn't sure if the first character I made would in fact be the one I want to stick with. After creating my second character I'm fairly positive I am going to enjoy playing it more (Necromancer > Ranger 😛 ) so I was excited to get my event weapon after I got to level 10. After searching the area I assumed the vendor would be in for quite some time I had to visit several different websites before finding this one lonely post that clearly states what I assumed to be a fun event goodie I could get to help level some toons in fact might now go to waste if I decide not to play the first character I got the weapon with.

TLDR; As a new player I was COMPLETELY unaware that the event weapon was 1 per account. Had I known I would have DEFINITELY made a different choice or at the very least weighed my options better... End result...brand new player is disappointed...clearly not a good introduction to a new game.

Thank you for reading.

• Confused 1

I like the idea of the weapon; I think I even suggested something like it after release.

A weapon that grows with the character feels a lot more personal than one obtained from a random drop or crafting.

Maybe they just need to iron out the implementation a bit; allow it to go up to ascended and even allow it to stat swap like legendaries.

And maybe take a cue from Dwarf Fortress and add a log / summary of the strongest enemies killed with the weapon and when they were first killed?

And allow the user to name the weapon?

Ideally, the weapon would also change appearance in an evolutionary way, starting as a normal, battered weapon and getting different features as you advance through the story, but I understand that would be quite hard to implement, especially if they allowed the use to choose the appearance at each step.

But still, good first effort!

Edited by Mungrul.9358

10 hours ago, gektek Radio.3241 said:

As a VERY new player to the game I was under the assumption that the weapon, based on how similar items in other games work, was a per character item. My one and only character was around level 23 when the event started so, after doing a bit of research OUTSIDE of the game, I managed to figure out where to go to partake in the event and claim my weapon. Then, after enjoying and dying in the labyrinth a few times I figured I would take advantage of the event and get a second brand new character to level 10. Again, as a new player to the game, I wasn't sure if the first character I made would in fact be the one I want to stick with. After creating my second character I'm fairly positive I am going to enjoy playing it more (Necromancer > Ranger 😛 ) so I was excited to get my event weapon after I got to level 10. After searching the area I assumed the vendor would be in for quite some time I had to visit several different websites before finding this one lonely post that clearly states what I assumed to be a fun event goodie I could get to help level some toons in fact might now go to waste if I decide not to play the first character I got the weapon with.

TLDR; As a new player I was COMPLETELY unaware that the event weapon was 1 per account. Had I known I would have DEFINITELY made a different choice or at the very least weighed my options better... End result...brand new player is disappointed...clearly not a good introduction to a new game.

Thank you for reading.

Yeah I hear ya. Too bad this thread got moved from general to festival so less people will see it in time. Ah well.

Don't worry about it tooooo much, you get tons of weapons while leveling and you can buy all the skins off the tradepost at any point. 🙂 and welcome and have fun!

18 hours ago, Pheex.8932 said:

Yeah I hear ya. Too bad this thread got moved from general to festival so less people will see it in time. Ah well.

Don't worry about it tooooo much, you get tons of weapons while leveling and you can buy all the skins off the tradepost at any point. 🙂 and welcome and have fun!

I've been having a TON of fun ty! 😄

Follow up question whose answer I may have just missed in this thread...if I simply destroy the weapon on the toon I originally collected it with would I be able to then get it on my second toon (which it turns out I DO enjoy playing more) or is that too easy of a fix to actually work? 😛 

5 hours ago, gektek Radio.3241 said:

I've been having a TON of fun ty! 😄

Follow up question whose answer I may have just missed in this thread...if I simply destroy the weapon on the toon I originally collected it with would I be able to then get it on my second toon (which it turns out I DO enjoy playing more) or is that too easy of a fix to actually work? 😛 

No it is hard locked to 1 per account otherwise you would be able to get 16 black lion skins and 7 black lion claim tickets just by recreating characters.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 5:31 AM, gektek Radio.3241 said:

Thank you for reading.

It should be rather clear, assuming you've read what the npc says before you clicked on one of the available responses. 

He says: "I will grant you a selection of main-hand weapons appropriate for a [class] (if you're using espec, he will use the name of the espec), but only once. Be confident in your choice."

And then your two choices are:

"➡️Give me a [class] weapon".

"✖️ I've been thinking of trying other professions. Let me get back to you.".

As you can see, if you were still thinking about trying other professions, there's an option saying exactly that 😛

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Raskol.3014 said:

How can I get more dreambound weapons? I got a sword for my low level mesmer and I would like to get the greatsword skin for my necro.

You cant get more dreambond weapons but you can buy bloodbound greatsword for provisioner tokens.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodbound_weapons

Edit

This question would have been answered if you only read the thread.

Edited by Linken.6345

On 10/6/2021 at 9:11 AM, Sylvyn.4750 said:

If this weapon is geared to help newer players, receiving mail from the vendor explaining where he is and what he has would be helpful...as it is a new player would have to just stumble upon the guy and see what he has to offer, some may never cross paths with him before they are off to other higher level areas.

Top right of the screen. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gyorn.4891 said:

Are these leveling weapons coming back? I just came back from vacation, and am pretty devastated that I have already lost my opportunity to get this. Why make it so time-gated and not just span the halloween event as part of the festival?

You don’t need the event to get weapons with that functionality. 

On 10/8/2021 at 2:38 PM, Raskol.3014 said:

How can I get more dreambound weapons? I got a sword for my low level mesmer and I would like to get the greatsword skin for my necro.

Skins come from the Black Lion weapon set "Daydreamer's Weapon Collection"

You can purchase them on the trading post, or, sometimes with black lion claim tickets.

3 Chests containing a selection of Daydreamer's Weapon Skins where also earnable by players, but only during the "Twisted Marionette" Bonus event held recently.

• Like 2