WvW - no reward per tick.

47 minutes ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

8 hours no fix, i lost my free day cause of it.😡

If I may, the devs aren't your servants. I don't expect them to correct a bug that came right after office closed for at least more than half a day.

Also, it's sunday for every one, including Anet staff.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, latlat.4516 said:

If I may, the devs aren't your servants. I don't expect them to correct a bug that came right after office closed for at least more than half a day.

The issue exist for at least half a day already, and they might not "have to" fix it, but some sort of communication would have been nice. Also I assume they have some staff working on sunday, and this is quite a major issue, not a small bug or something. Its a whole game mode that is not functioning. Let the man be upset that his plans got ruined, even if its nobody's fault. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, latlat.4516 said:

I am sorry but every big company has employees who are on duty if something like this happen. Imagine that your internet provider server crashes, you wont be mad that you wont have internet for like 12h-24h cause its sunday? I dont think so. 

And yes I work every second weekend in big IP company we have that covered (I am on duty every second weekend cause of that).

Edited by Ragnarox.9601
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, latlat.4516 said:

Yes i agree that devs are not servants, but if you patch something near to the "office closing" - man, than you should take the responsibility to fix this. And normaly, you should have someone on watch for showstopper bugs like that one. If they are working on it, I would at least expect some comunication towards the comunity, after maybe 1 or 2 hours but not over 8 or more. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Liadne.9157 said:

Yes i agree that devs are not servants, but if you patch something near to the "office closing" - man, than you should take the responsibility to fix this. And normaly, you should have someone on watch for showstopper bugs like that one. If they are working on it, I would at least expect some comunication towards the comunity, after maybe 1 or 2 hours but not over 8 or more. 

You have to be careful of what a showstopper bug looks like.

WvW down and inaccessible for all would fall into this category (complete loss of service), and would result in a call being placed to whomever is on the dev team live support schedule for that day/week. I've been in that position myself as the on call dev of last resort.

Stats not accumulating into the correct skirmish (the Piken matchup is putting stats into #16 at the moment) and delivering participation rewards is, well, very unrewarding, but not in the showstopper category (no matter how outraged anyone might feel about it). Devs will probably look at it on Monday.

I wouldn't say no to a Warclaw skin though 😉

Edited by Charybdis.9042
typo
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 10:12 PM, Keppler.5728 said:

We lost lots of our rewardtrack progress and skirmish chests by now...
I know it prob sounds like a joke but will we get anything to compensate that Anet?

Nice to see, that Anet is actually giving us some stuff back of what we lost there!
Thumbs up!

• 3 weeks later...