Speed, i'm missing something or wut ?

Faccina.5091

My necro when chilled/crippled go at walking speed and in combat is so slow that i cant run away even with wurm and swiftness but now that i'm with my brand new ranger all the necros that i see around can outrun me just by running,  wtf i slow down cuz i hit them and they just run away ?

All with the speed runes +66% ? How do they crit 3k+ anyway then ?

2 hours ago, Faccina.5091 said:

My necro when chilled/crippled go at walking speed and in combat is so slow that i cant run away even with wurm and swiftness but now that i'm with my brand new ranger all the necros that i see around can outrun me just by running,  wtf i slow down cuz i hit them and they just run away ?

Speed Runes. Spite and Soul Reaping trait lines with all damage traits.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
typos. Whiskey o'clock y'all.
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Faccina.5091 said:

If you can record your fights.  While speed runes can definitely make players quick, rewatch fights where you just get left behind.  A lot of times, you will see that the enemy moved as if their character was skipping like a rock on water.  It's a third party program that is not allowed, but anet refuses to handle.  So, like 20% of the population seems to be using it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Speed Rune is basically obligatory for roaming. You can see at the cost of that rune how demanded it is (it's one of the most expensive runes in the game despite being useless in PvE). While other classes have long range instant leaps, teleports, stealth or superspeed (or all at once) to somehow get away without it, on necro you desperately need that rune. 

Btw. a rune does not have that much of an impact on your overall damage.

Edited by KrHome.1920

I'm one of those necros. Speed rune is a godsend for a slow class like ours, and you only need the SoS trait to make it work like a charm even outside of spectral walks (basically giving up only on unblockable staff marks). Everything else can be traited for damage, if the necro is not a solo roamer they can go full offense without blood magic (with spite) and dish out huge DPS, boonrip, chill/cripple and 100% crit chance.

Speed rune shines especially during combat because it lets you move at non-combat speed, and going into shroud with SoS means free swiftness+autoclear all movement impairing conditions every '10+shroud uptime' seconds.

On 10/18/2021 at 6:49 PM, KrHome.1920 said:

Speed Rune is basically obligatory for roaming. You can see at the cost of that rune how demanded it is (it's one of the most expensive runes in the game despite being useless in PvE)...

It costs that much because the materials needed to craft it. To craft one and then sell on the TP to a buy order is an 11 Silver loss. Btw, the supply is almost exactly 3 times higher than the demand on this one too.

On 10/17/2021 at 10:17 PM, Faccina.5091 said:

Action camera is bugged AF mate. Try it, you can run 3x faster than normal.

1 hour ago, Svarty.8019 said:

Action camera is bugged AF mate. Try it, you can run 3x faster than normal.

If action camera is involved in the OP's issue, then movement speed is actually his least problem. That camera mode prevents the usage of half of the combat mechanics and you won't ever have a chance against a semi skilled encounter.

5 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

If action camera is involved in the OP's issue, then movement speed is actually his least problem. That camera mode prevents the usage of half of the combat mechanics and you won't ever have a chance against a semi skilled encounter.

Except if it is actually bugged in a way that makes the toon run faster, it can be hot keyed to outrun people and/or catch people, with a swap back for actual combat.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

I am not saying it’s bugged…. I don’t know if it is…. Only clarifying what the previous posters were talking about.  

True, whether it is a bug or an intended feature is for Anet to decide/clarify. But if it indeed increases your movement speed then that is a tactical advantage that not everyone knows about.

19 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Except if it is actually bugged in a way that makes the toon run faster, it can be hot keyed to outrun people and/or catch people, with a swap back for actual combat.

Strafing is faster with Action cam  since it automatically turns your character to left/right,unlike the normal camera mode where youre slowly sidestepping. But forward movement is the same speed as with the normal camera though.

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2021 at 1:31 AM, Ubi.4136 said:

If you can record your fights.  While speed runes can definitely make players quick, rewatch fights where you just get left behind.  A lot of times, you will see that the enemy moved as if their character was skipping like a rock on water.  It's a third party program that is not allowed, but anet refuses to handle.  So, like 20% of the population seems to be using it.

That...

...actually explains a lot of roamers i've seen and how it's impossible to catch them or run away from them.

I always thought it was something i'm missing, build, lag, whatever, but that skipping thing i've seen a lot.

Granted, some might have been legit, but now i see that there's also a different explanation.

On 10/21/2021 at 2:41 PM, Caedmon.6798 said:

Strafing is faster with Action cam  since it automatically turns your character to left/right,unlike the normal camera mode where youre slowly sidestepping. But forward movement is the same speed as with the normal camera though.

Basicly you are always running forward (including when using your back key). Its considerably faster if you're a strafer/backwards dodger.

Unfortunetly for me I find the action cam semi-broken because it's automaticly disabled when an objective has been capped so you always have to enable it again (like, why is this a bug? HOW is this a bug?!?!?) and it also breaks some critical targetted ranged skills that "require" you not to look at the enemy for maximum effectivness, such as toolkit pull.

Should work decent with a simple melee build relying on brute force though. Got to remember to try and build a melee warrior around it.

13 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Basicly you are always running forward (including when using your back key). Its considerably faster if you're a strafer/backwards dodger.

Unfortunetly for me I find the action cam semi-broken because it's automaticly disabled when an objective has been capped so you always have to enable it again (like, why is this a bug? HOW is this a bug?!?!?) and it also breaks some critical targetted ranged skills that "require" you not to look at the enemy for maximum effectivness, such as toolkit pull.

Should work decent with a simple melee build relying on brute force though. Got to remember to try and build a melee warrior around it.

Yeah i dont use it really myself often because of targeting issues mostly,but overall it does feel more fluid to use i think.