Another way to obtain the Gift of Battle Please!

Mell.4873

45 minutes ago, ollbirtan.2915 said:

Oh look ---- another :"Gift of Battle" thread 🙄
I honestly absolutely hate openworld and grinding pve....I'm so glad that I can get all the ingredients I need for my legi weapons in sPvP and WvW.....Oh wait...

Dude you literly can with Notarized Scroll of Heroics. Then you just need to do the hearts and pot and I believe there is a daily pve vendor for that too.

Why the confused face is it not true? 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

It is an adventure, which comes with the legendary as the final reward. You are required to play different modes and content-types as a challenge. 

I'm not against alternatives in general, but it should be a reasonable alternative. If a PvE main is looking for an alternative for WvW GoB and thinks about a PvE based reward track as in Drizzlewood Coast? Or as if a sPvP main asks for a GoE alternative and demands an sPvP reward track? Both is a joke. There is no challenge in repetitive grinding your own mode. 

If you want an alternative, make a suggestion that still opposes a challenge to you. What is a reasonable challenge? It takes at least as long to complete as using the original method.

In PvE this could involve Worldbosses, Meta Events, certain event chains ... the usual collection stuff, that keeps you busy for a week or two - if you play normal. They could add some special parameters, like certain tasks have to be done during day or night-time. Or adding a daily timegate. Something that makes the alternative a little more difficult than your usual 101 grind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mell.4873 said:

Dude you literly can with Notarized Scroll of Heroics. Then you just need to do the hearts and pot and I believe there is a daily pve vendor for that too. 

If that's the line you're drawing, then you can get anything you want from pve and then just do one reward track completion for GoB in wvw. So what's the problem?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mell.4873 said:

Dude you literly can with Notarized Scroll of

Just now, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

It is an adventure, which comes with the legendary as the final reward. You are required to play different modes and content-types as a challenge. 

I'm not against alternatives in general, but it should be a reasonable alternative. If a PvE main is looking for an alternative for WvW GoB and thinks about a PvE based reward track as in Drizzlewood Coast? Or as if a sPvP main asks for a GoE alternative and demands an sPvP reward track? Both is a joke. There is no challenge in repetitive grinding your own mode. 

If you want an alternative, make a suggestion that still opposes a challenge to you. What is a reasonable challenge? It takes at least as long to complete as using the original method.

In PvE this could involve Worldbosses, Meta Events, certain event chains ... the usual collection stuff, that keeps you busy for a week or two - if you play normal. They could add some special parameters, like certain tasks have to be done during day or night-time. Or adding a daily timegate. Something that makes the alternative a little more difficult than your usual 101 grind.

Heroics. Then you just need to do the hearts and pot and I believe there is a daily pve vendor for that too. 

I don't think at any point did I say I didn't like WvW it was that I wanted to play it at my own pace, when I find a zerg that I enjoy running with.

I play one blackgat and they can be very elitist which I hate. 

I just don't want to be forced to play it when I don't want to. Rather provide a nice alternative like sPvP track and let me WvW at my own pace. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If that's the line you're drawing, then you can get anything you want from pve and then just do one reward track completion for GoB in wvw. So what's the problem?

The problem is I have 0 alternative, it's not like I can get WvW potions outside WvW. At least people who hate pve get one for map completion. 

• Confused 5

2 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

The problem is I have 0 alternative, it's not like I can get WvW potions outside WvW. At least people who hate pve get one for map completion. 

No, they still need to do map completion, they barely can skip HPs, which aren't a problem and they'll still pass those exact HPs while doing the map completion. I don't know what you're trying to pretend here. In the similar vein, you get some reward track completion by using daily potions.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, they still need to do map completion, they barely can skip HPs, which aren't a problem and they'll still pass those exact HPs while doing the map completion. I don't know what you're trying to pretend here. In the similar vein, you get some reward track completion by using daily potions.

Im sure it saves time by not having to do them, you probably shave off a few hours off map completion. 

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Im sure it saves time by not having to do them, you probably shave off a few hours off map completion. 

Same way daily wvw potions save time by progressing the reward track. I already responded to that and tbh I don't see what your post changed about what I said.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

With boosters, the reward track can be done in 4 hours.  (Actually around 4.5 but that’s assuming you get no daily credit while doing it.)

Yeah I guess, again I'm not really complaining about doing WvW. It's more that it is the only way to get GoB which sucks the fun out of WvW for me.

• Confused 7

11 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Why the confused face is it not true? 

Dude....it's not "JUST DO THE HEARTS" . I don't want to waste my time on stupid hearts - I did map completion ONCE - and never again. So please, you literally just to finish ONE track in WvW which will take 4 -6 hours of your time at semi afk mode. Easy! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While players should not be forced into content they’d rather not play, it’s okay for the game to encourage a little cross-mode exploration. This exploration should be rewarded, but that means that if you absolutely hate leaving your mode, you won’t have access to every reward. Which is fine.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, shrew.3059 said:

While players should not be forced into content they’d rather not play, it’s okay for the game to encourage a little cross-mode exploration. This exploration should be rewarded, but that means that if you absolutely hate leaving your mode, you won’t have access to every reward. Which is fine.

This! 100% . Sadly, now the balance is heavily in favour of PVE players. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

GoB would be fine if they allowed completion in sPvP aswell. Then atleast you would have a choice but i know thats not happening. 

I try to do dailies and if there is an open tag, i follow the zerg till i die or did dailies. Otherwise flip camps, maybe join a wvw guild and run with people you can be comfortable with, make some friends along the way. If you ask help people will usually respond kindly. Use wvx boosters, guild buff, do dailies to get potions.

It is what it is. There are countless threads like this so i dont think they will change anything about it. Be happy its just 1 reward track per legendary 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shrew.3059 said:

Yeah I'm happy with this response and is the whole point of my thread. I just didn't like being forced to play wvw at a crucial point in my legendary crafting. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Zentao.6314 said:

Let me understand it. You gather resources to craft a legendary for months but you can't play 4-8 hours in WvW?

To some extent yes, I don't play at peak WvW hours so when I do I just take camps and sentrys and afk the rest of the time. I maybe get an hour in each day of WvW. 

• Confused 1

The Gift of Battle is the main reason I think all legendary items (weapons, armor, trinkets, etc.) should be available to be sold on the TP, or at least the Gift of Battle should be.

WvW is a game mode that, like Raiding (especially in other MMOs), puts a large demand on your time.

Players who are employed full time and those who have families (or both) play GW2 when it is convenient for their busy real life schedule, not when it is convenient for the server. Unless that player's small time window of convenience happens to sync up with the active window for their server's WvW crowd, their WvW experience is going to suck. Plus, when you have to leave you lose progress so players with a short window of time are also punished (when you log back in you have to start over back at your team's base and your participation bar begins dropping). On top of that, any time you are competing with other players (in a non turn-based system) you are going to have a frenetic experience, which may be enjoyable to some types of players, but is the epitome of frustration for others (I know I'd personally rather just stay at the office longer versus going into WvW, at least at work my frustrations are compensated). 

PvE can be played at your own pace, on your own schedule, and with no loss of progress when you log out. It is primarily the fact that PvE supports your ability to treat this as a game rather than as a job that makes players less likely to complain about the Gift of Exploration than they are the Gift of Battle (obviously, the players who prefer competitive game modes will find PvE less enjoyable as the "chill" nature doesn't do it for them). 

For me, personally, it is incredibly demotivating every time I check my to-do list for the current item I'm working on and realize that I've pretty much just got the Gift of Battle left. I often take months off from actively playing the game (just logging in for dailies or holidays) to play other things when that happens, just to avoid WvW.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, mtpelion.4562 said:

PvE can be played at your own pace, on your own schedule, and with no loss of progress when you log out.

WvW can also be played any time whenever you want. Big scale is just an option, you are not forced to do that. You can roam whenever you like without a squad.

You get a lot of other things too, like mystic clovers, bags, ascended items, etc...

I don't understand why you complain about Gift of Battle which is just like 1-5% of the total grind.

Edited by Zentao.6314
  • Like 1

Just now, Zentao.6314 said:

WvW can also be played any time whenever you want. Big scale is just an option, you are not forced to do that. You can roam whenever you like without a squad.

You get a lot of other things too, like mystic clovers, bags, ascended items, etc...

I don't understand why you complain about Gift of Battle which is just like 1-5% of the total grind.

You can enter WvW any time whenever you want, but if your server doesn't have any of your teammates on it then you aren't going to be able to leave the safe spawn area due to the roving bands of enemy players. You don't get any participation for dying repeatedly, so you can't actually "play" WvW at that time. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Zentao.6314 said:

I honestly get upset when I see a commander tag on the map. I want my outnumbered pips! 😛

its not a bad system. If anything, I think legendaries should ALSO require something from PvP. Make it legendary to have a legendary, knowledge and experience of all parts of the game