players leaving puddles

All legendary weapons have a footprint effect where it leaves a trail of effects instead of the normal footprints, several of which could look like puddles.

HMS Divinity and Shooshadoo are two I know of which leave literal puddles, but then there's things like Xiquatl which leave little swirls of magic that could look like puddles.

If you want to know exactly what it is you can look through the list of legendary weapons, or if you can give us more details we can narrow it down, but the short answer is it's a legendary.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Blacknight.7205 said:

oh - ok! Thanks! Am assuming it's useful or people wouldn't have it.

The puddles are only cosmetic but legendary items do have many benefits.  You can read more about legendary equipment including weapons here:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_equipment

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Blacknight.7205 said:

oh - ok! Thanks! Am assuming it's useful or people wouldn't have it.

Weapons have limited use because, while legendary QoL is neat, only characters who can use a particular weapon will benefit from that. 

Legendary armor is more useful to have since all characters that use a particular weight of armor will be able to use it.

Lastly, most useful are backpacks and trinkets since all character regardless of armor weight and weapon proficiency can use them. 🙂

But people mostly go for weapons because they're the most obviously legendary, from how they look to the effects that they provide. 🙂

13 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Weapons have limited use because, while legendary QoL is neat, only characters who can use a particular weapon will benefit from that. 

Legendary armor is more useful to have since all characters that use a particular weight of armor will be able to use it.

Lastly, most useful are backpacks and trinkets since all character regardless of armor weight and weapon proficiency can use them. 🙂

But people mostly go for weapons because they're the most obviously legendary, from how they look to the effects that they provide. 🙂

Weapons are also the easiest to craft and have been in the game the longest (so more players had more time to make more of them). 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mtpelion.4562 said:

Weapons are also the easiest to craft and have been in the game the longest (so more players had more time to make more of them). 

Yep, 1 of my 3 legendary weapons was made when there were no other kinds, and the second was made when the only other options were the fractal and PvP backpacks.

I am now working on the WvW backpack, but it's only since the legendary armoury was introduced that the armour and trinkets have been appealing to me because I don't change builds enough to need stat swapping on one character and cannot be bothered with passing everything through the bank or shared slots and I don't like the skins of most of them. (I do like the WvW medium chest piece, but I was trying to convince myself the precursor would do and I don't want the extra effects...but I think I'm going to make it at some point.)