I think arcing slice needs a little more range

Zekent.3652

Changes to gs that would be really cool if they added them;

Arcing slice 300 range (240 also acceptable, but holo mode auto attack is 300 range so…)

100 blades faster channel time (same damage applied over 3/4 or 1/2 the current cast time)

240 range.( I don’t mind the root with the high amount of hard CC we have, but adding that little bit of range in exchange for that root would be nice. Ranger axe 5 is rooted as well, but I believe it’s 240 range, omnidirectional, and has a reflect)

Leap on final strike (the animation already has a leap, add an actual leap to it pls). 

All of that I think would make the skill effective but not overpowering. I could be wrong though.

Edited by oscuro.9720
Mobile format is weird

15 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Maybe fix Hundred Blades first (add movement during windup)? Arcing Slice's payoff is <50% health and if you have Arcing Slice it means you aren't Berserker.

Yeah and arc divider doesnt even have selfcrit gen, good trade off i see lol.

Edited by Zizekent.2398

2 hours ago, Mighty Cole.7849 said:

Wanna see something even more depressing?

Arcing Slice isn't even 150 range as the tool tip indicates.  It's actually 130 range.  Go figure, huh. 😞

And Ranger longbow gets extra range on slopes cause why not realism, but GS that is Great just because the range but has the reach of a dagger. Best part it is bugger lol.

Do a report dude in the bug section at least to have it logged, not that anyone cares to fix it.

Funny how hard you have to work for that 10k crit arcing slice on war, while engi just goes "click" on grenade barrage... Not to mention its damage if the target is not below 50% and if it doesn't crit (cause you have weakness on you, as always).

But yeah :) Go go new specs, add more content without fixing the existing content. That just never goes wrong in any game.

• Like 4

@Vancho.8750& @Sobx.1758
This isn't a new issue, the problem has been around since 2012. People have reported it in the past to no avail. Therefore, we've just learned to live with it. I suspect it probably requires more than a simple number swap and that would entail placing more effort/resources in to fixing something they give absolutely zero kittens about. The sad truth is, if anything, we're more likely to see them change the tooltip to match the skill rather than actually addressing the problem.

4 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Funny how hard you have to work for that 10k crit arcing slice on war, while engi just goes "click" on grenade barrage... Not to mention its damage if the target is not below 50% and if it doesn't crit (cause you have weakness on you, as always).

But yeah :) Go go new specs, add more content without fixing the existing content. That just never goes wrong in any game.

Yeah, at this rate they better stop releasing new specs and fix the actual content.

14 minutes ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Yeah, at this rate they better stop releasing new specs and fix the actual content.

They're rebalancing AFTER EOD. It's been stated in the EOD preview streams I believe that they want to spend dev effort on designing the specs for EOD rather than rebalancing existing stuff.

33 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

They're rebalancing AFTER EOD. It's been stated in the EOD preview streams I believe that they want to spend dev effort on designing the specs for EOD rather than rebalancing existing stuff.

POGGERS 

300 Sec CDs getting fixed 2 years later? Lel

Which will be the only balance. There will never be a megabalance again imo. Too much effort. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broxxgar.6801 said:

That why I said the Arc Divider is better than Arc Slice. This little range is terrible sometimes.

People Says: 'But I can see the Arc Divider Wave so I can evade'.....

Berserker  Primal Bursts ware always Cooler than core bursts, the old Arc divider just had more range and made it cooler, they reworked it and made it even cooler now, still wished that it had whirl finisher just for the RP, the multiple hit actually buffed it since you will most probably get more value in pvp, but the trouble is that arenanet nerfed the damage for nor reason on Ark divider even though they kittened up the design of the whole elite just to do allot of damage but with the nerfs it can't do that. 
There are allot of cool skills on warrior, it just doesn't have proper synergies to make builds with them, best example is Torch it is kittening moving fire field how amazing is that, but you do not have any finishers on main hand to capitalize on it (well it had the mace burst skill but they removed the Blast finisher there), the only weapon that can take advantage properly is power off hand weapon, the torch doesn't even do synergy with itself Blaze Breaker could have been a blast finisher. 

The kitten part is that warrior skills had synergy or reason and they got nerfed out of existence with no recompense and the whole thing finally broke down cause it can't do kitten these days.

• Like 1