Engineer can do permanent alacrity now...

Veprovina.4876

And you don't have to press any buttons, just stand near your golem...

If this isn't the proof that Anet hates Mesmers i don't know what is.

And all of you who cried nerfs because "alacrity is too easy on mirage" can go well, let's be polite... You can go eat it...

Best professions in the game: Guardians and Engineers - they can do everything with ease, no effort required

Ok professions: Rangers, Revenants, Necromancers

Bad professions: Ele, Thief, Warrior

And then there's Mesmers....

Can you finally stop this cruel joke Anet? I think we had enough... 😞 

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Well, there's 3 things that can happen from here on:

#1: The alacrity generation from the Mechanist gets nerfed so they don't sustain it permanently in berserker gear.

#2: The alacrity generation of Mirage gets buffed so they can sustain it permanently in Viper Gear.

#3: Nothing, because Anet hates mesmers for some reason.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

#1: The alacrity generation from the Mechanist gets nerfed so they don't sustain it permanently in berserker gear.

#2: The alacrity generation of Mirage gets buffed so they can sustain it permanently in Viper Gear.

No. 3?

No idea what will happen, but at this point, they gave everything that mesmers have to everyone else and made it better there, I mean, mechanistic even has a blink, with a passive...

Eh, idk what to say anymore.

It's OP when Mesmers have something, then they give that exact thing to others but better and with less effort to pull off and suddenly its OK, it might get buffed down the line when mesmers lose more and more.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 10/27/2021 at 11:15 AM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Vipers Mirage can maintain it 100% with concentration sigils and food. They also can buff roughly 20 seconds of alac very quickly which is more ideal for most content. 

Edited by Mell.4873

5 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

It'll get changed so that you need 80-100% Boon Duration to full uptime it just like any other class.

I'm more annoyed that engineer has it in the first place to be honest, but that it's so easy to do is just adding insult to injury.

Makes Chrono seem like a discarded wet tissue in the middle of the road that someone didn't have the decency to even throw in the trash can...

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Vipers Mirage can maintain it 100% with concentration sigils and food. They also can buff roughly 20 seconds of alac very quickly which is more ideal for most content. 

Not really.  My static had been trying alacrity-mirage for weeks, and the best it ever pulls is around 70%, even with Eggs Benedict and Concentration Sigils.  This is due to many things, such as the randomness of the distortion mirrors, vigor uptime, and the chaotic nature of the bosses that we usually bring alacrity-mirage to (Matthias, Twin Largos, Soulless Horror).  They certainly don't buff alacrity very quickly, either, since around half the time spent in that 3 seconds is done by casting Chaos Vortex itself.  Unless we end up with two mirages somehow, we just stick with Alacrigade.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

And you are tied to a boring staff/staff build with a suboptimal rotation.  They killed any diversity when they nerfed the alacrity to 2.5s duration.  I prefer play something else more funny, flexible and without stupid trade-offs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zoser.7245 said:

And you are tied to a boring staff/staff build with a suboptimal rotation.  They killed any diversity when they nerfed the alacrity to 2.5s duration.  I prefer play something else more funny, flexible and without stupid trade-offs.

Very true but it does amazing dps, they really should give chrono back its alacrity and then it would be fine. 

6 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Not really.  My static had been trying alacrity-mirage for weeks, and the best it ever pulls is around 70%, even with Eggs Benedict and Concentration Sigils.  This is due to many things, such as the randomness of the distortion mirrors, vigor uptime, and the chaotic nature of the bosses that we usually bring alacrity-mirage to (Matthias, Twin Largos, Soulless Horror).  They certainly don't buff alacrity very quickly, either, since around half the time spent in that 3 seconds is done by casting Chaos Vortex itself.  Unless we end up with two mirages somehow, we just stick with Alacrigade.

I believe the recommended raid build is wrong rather you want to shatter 3 clones with distortion right away. This is you main source of alacrity since it can produce 4 mirrors if you have the staff phantasm up.

4 hours ago, Emtiarbi.3281 said:

My biggest problem is exactly this, Chrono has lost his identity over the years. 

They even gave all Mirage tricks to Willbender and Willbender (being a guardian and all), does it way better than Mirage.

Chrono is basically that girl from Aliens barely able to utter "kill me" before a Mechanist bursts out of her chest while Alacren spills out all over the floor.

What? It was in the movie!

26 minutes ago, phokus.8934 said:

Engineer with super speed and alacrity now?  Better nerf Mesmer then.

And quickness, don't forget quickness!

Permanent of course! 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I believe the recommended raid build is wrong rather you want to shatter 3 clones with distortion right away. This is you main source of alacrity since it can produce 4 mirrors if you have the staff phantasm up.

Do you mean before f2? My usual rotation is 3 clones, f2, rebuild 3, distortion. 

On 10/26/2021 at 7:44 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

And all of you who cried nerfs because "alacrity is too easy on mirage" can go well, let's be polite... You can go eat it...

Best professions in the game: Guardians and Engineers - they can do everything with ease, no effort required

Can you finally stop this cruel joke Anet? I think we had enough... 😞 

And mirage just has to do what they always did, dodge and aa and they kitten out alac and might. 

Never been a fan on uninteractive gameplay and i dislike the way alacmirage works as much as alac mechanic if it ends up being the case. That being said gameplay in gw2 bowadays is fairly easy to perform good at so ehhh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 10/27/2021 at 1:15 AM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Wild idea, why not need invest into dishing out boons instead of just doing it for free? I really dislike how buffers are dps with boon instead of their own thing with their own gearing options.

Edited by zealex.9410
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, zealex.9410 said:

And mirage just has to do what they always did, dodge and aa and they kitten out alac and might. 

Never been a fan on uninteractive gameplay and i dislike the way alacmirage works as much as alac mechanic if it ends up being the case. That being said gameplay in gw2 bowadays is fairly easy to perform good at so ehhh.

That's not entirely true though, and dodging and ambushing still takes more effort to do than literally nothing so...

But we'll see what happens, the new elites are probably not going to stay this way, some of that kitten is too overtuned and unfair.

• Confused 1

On 10/29/2021 at 6:50 PM, Zoser.7245 said:

Personally, I think they should have put it on the grandmaster nobody takes instead of locking it to staff. That way you could alacmirage with any set of weapons, while it has the inherent tradeoff of losing IH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2021 at 5:44 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

how do u work that out? Lol.

based on what exactly?

Mesmers are the best tanks in the game currently, they have 100% uptime Quickness and 100% Uptime alacrity builds avaliable to them. they also have a 40k DPS Specc Avaliable to them.

and both high Condi and Power DPS Builds to boot.

So why is "Mesmer so bad". U rate mesmer beneath Ranger... Why? Because of Druid.. you have Tank chrono they are both just as Core meta in Vital roles as each other... yet u have a Better DPS Specc.. Multiple more Offensive Support speccs and higher Power and Condi DPS options then Ranger.

Can you finally stop this cruel joke Anet? I think we had enough...

think u need to stop joking yourself Lmfao.

Mesmers are strong in almost all enviroments barring WvWvW.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

24 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

how do u work that out? Lol.

based on what exactly?

Mesmers are the best tanks in the game currently, they have 100% uptime Quickness and 100% Uptime alacrity builds avaliable to them. they also have a 40k DPS Specc Avaliable to them.

and both high Condi and Power DPS Builds to boot.

So why is "Mesmer so bad". U rate mesmer beneath Ranger... Why? Because of Druid.. you have Tank chrono they are both just as Core meta in Vital roles as each other... yet u have a Better DPS Specc.. Multiple more Offensive Support speccs and higher Power and Condi DPS options then Ranger.

think u need to stop joking yourself Lmfao.

Mesmers are strong in almost all enviroments barring WvWvW.

You must be new! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1